2014/15 mazda 6

loki

Great car with good looks. It is a tremendous value in Touring trim. I will go with the manual transmission route, if you need more suitable partner for the engine, which feels a little anemic with the auto.

• Upvote 1

Only caution is based on real world from my sister who traded in her old Mazda 6 for a new one and her 350lb husband has broken the drivers seat twice. Both times covered under warranty, but it seems they are not making them to hold up to big Americans. Yes Jim is only 6'3" tall so he is very much over weight but still a seat that keeps breaking, they have gone back to driving his Yukon when they go out since Lisa does not want to deal with returning to the dealership. Nice car, but I get the feeling they have down sized so much that Mazda is focused on smaller people with smaller cars and lighter material so it does not hold up to us bigger people. Lisa offered to let me drive it and I passed as at 6'6" tall and almost 300lbs, I do not want to break Mazda's fragile seat.

• Upvote 1

well, if i'm ever over 200.... i hope it's because i've been working out. ~180-190 here.

the touring with auto is what i've decided on. dark blue with light interior. very hard to find manuals in the st louis/evansville area, and no true car dealers in the east direction.

i'm getting more than what i really want, (moonroof/bose, and technology pack.) but if i ever decide to sell it, that should really help the value.don't know the final price, but shouldn't be more than 26K...with a 0-0.9% loan

i'm excited.

will be saying goodbye to Monte, will be just over 197K when i get to the dealer.

• Upvote 1

well, if i'm ever over 200.... i hope it's because i've been working out. ~180-190 here.

the touring with auto is what i've decided on. dark blue with light interior. very hard to find manuals in the st louis/evansville area, and no true car dealers in the east direction.

i'm getting more than what i really want, (moonroof/bose, and technology pack.) but if i ever decide to sell it, that should really help the value.don't know the final price, but shouldn't be more than 26K...with a 0-0.9% loan

i'm excited.

will be saying goodbye to Monte, will be just over 197K when i get to the dealer.

Awesome, So glad to hear your getting a new car that you are excited about and that should treat you well. Look forward to seeing some pictures and hearing how it handles for you.

• Upvote 1

i'm excited.

Congrats and hope it works out for you!

Congrats Loki. I was recently looking for a mid-sizer and it was among the top three I came down to.

Quoted for Truth!

Skyactive technology is fantastic.  I love cars like this and the TDI Passat, 40-45 MPG on the highway with a big comfy cruiser.  Many happy miles to you sir....