Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

GM News: Arriving Soon At Dealers, The Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon

Starting today, General Motors is beginning to ship their new midsize trucks to dealers across the U.S. GM says demand for the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon is very high, with 30,000 orders alone for the Colorado. GM has claimed that over 100,000 configurations of the two models have been created since the the "build your own" features went live on September 3rd.

To help cope with this initial demand, GM has added 750 employees at their Wentzville, Mo. assembly plant to accommodate a third shift of production.

Source: General Motors

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

I'm officially excited to see these with my own eyeballs!  I hope to be able to purchase one.

• Upvote 1

EDIT: where'd the picture go at?

Edited by ocnblu
  • Upvote 1

I'm super excited to get to test drive a Canyon soon!  Hopefully lease programs don't take forever to come out, especially the good programs that will help me get into a new Canyon Crew Cab Long Bed SLT 4WD :smilewide:

• Upvote 2

Was that wheel spin on that truck trying to get up the ramp?

Was that wheel spin on that truck trying to get up the ramp?

Yes, that was actually a little demonstration of the G80 locking differential at work on the Z71.  Those ramps are smooth as a baby's ass.  The driver was being ginger about loading the truck, and he caught it at an angle where it lost traction temporarily.  You can see him put it in neutral, drift back, and then the locker kicked in, allowing the truck to walk up the slick ramps with nary an issue.  Well played!

Edited by ocnblu

I hope a single cab version is in the works.

Also, they can bring back the Syclone with the turbo 3.6L that is found in the Cadillac V-Sport.

Agreed, king cab version for GMC with the TT 3.6L as the New Syclone would be AWESOME!

I just looked at the 2015 GMC Canyon website.  It still could use a diesel/turbodiesel to go along with the 2.5L I4 and the 3.6L V6 gas engines.

That's coming in 2016.

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook