Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Ram News: Ram Plans To Boost Production Of EcoDiesel

3 posts in this topic

Ram announced today that it plans to increase production of the EcoDiesel from 10 to 20 percent of the Ram 1500's total volume mix.

“Innovation sometimes comes with risk, but being first to market with a diesel engine for the half-ton segment has shown to be a great decision for the Ram Brand. The Ram 1500 EcoDiesel is a game-changer in the industry, and has proved to be a key to conquest sales over our competitors,” said Bob Hegbloom, President and CEO of Ram Trucks.

The EcoDiesel option has proved to be a massive success for Ram. The option has helped sales of Ram trucks climb 21 percent to 283,256 units through the month of August. The diesel option has also increased Ram's chunk in the total truck sales in the U.S. to 19.1 percent.

Source: Ram

William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.com or you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Nice!  I wish the Ecodiesel were available in a shortbed, reg cab configuration.  In other news, the Pentastar gas V6 is now available in the reg cab, shortbed Express trim!  That's good news for folks that like the sporty trim, without the high gasoline bills presented by the Hemi.

I saw my first Ram EcoDiesel today. Very cool.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this