Sign in to follow this  
Drew Dowdell

Scion iM Concept Released Ahead of LA Auto Show: Comments

Ahead of the LA Auto Show next week, Scion released details today of their Scion iM concept.

The iM is a 5-door hatchback with looks that Scion says are inspired by the European racing circuit. The concept rides on 19" forged wheels surrounding 4 piston callipers with front vented disk brakes. The suspension is height adjustable.

What this means to you:

The Scion iM concept is based on a car sold in the European market as the Toyota Auris. Toyota swapped out the logo for a Scion badge. Expect a direct carry-over of the tamer Toyota Auris to be sold here in the US without the body-kit and wheels shown on the concept.

The Scion iM concept will debut at the LA Auto Show on Wednesday, November 19th and we will be on hand to get you more details as they come.

Related Stories:

Scion Bringing Two New Models To New York

Rumorpile: What To Expect In Scion's Lineup

Scion iM Concept and European Toyota Auris Album:

Scion Press Release on Page 2

European Racing Circuit Styling and Hatchback Versatility for Scion’s Adventurous Audience

November 12, 2014

TORRANCE, Calif., Nov. 12, 2014 – Whether it’s exploring the mountains or playing at the beach, Los Angeles offers adventures off every freeway. Young people just need a vehicle to get them, and all their gear, to their destination in style. The new Scion iM Concept car is designed with that in mind and will debut on Wednesday, November 19 at the Los Angeles Auto Show.

The iM Concept is a five-door compact hatchback with sporty looks inspired by those seen on the European touring car racing circuit. The concept brings in captivating styling with edgy, geometric grille inserts, deep air intakes and fog lights. The custom-blended “Incrediblue” paint is complemented by matte silver and gunmetal accents.

To create a grounded appearance ready for the road, the iM Concept has wide aerodynamics and a lower ride height. The performance inspiration carries through into the 19-inch forged alloy wheels and sporty performance tires. Vented front rotors and 4-piston calipers work with the adjustable height racing suspension to complete the racecar-influenced design.

“The tastes of today’s younger buyers have evolved. They want a car that provides excitement and individuality, as well as the comfort, technology and reliability that Scion offers,” said Scion Vice President Doug Murtha. “The iM Concept combines sleek styling with the versatility of a modern hatchback to catch the eye of Scion customers. Stay tuned for more on how we will bring this vision to the road.”

Scion’s press conference will be held at 3:40 p.m. on Wednesday, November 19 at Scion’s display in the South Hall. To follow Scion news at the LA Auto Show use the hashtag #iMDriven or visit http://www.scion.com/blog.

# # #

View full article

I'm very excited to see what the iM Concept will look like in production (aside from it being a Toyota Auris).

I'm very excited to see what the iM Concept will look like in production (aside from it being a Toyota Auris).

You're in luck, we have exclusive leaked pics!

post-51-0-94683500-1415823022_thumb.png

• Upvote 2

Guess Toyota won't be able to pad its Corolla numbers with the new Matrix.

Scion has the excitement of flossing toes for sock lint. 

• Upvote 1

YAWNNNNNNNN

So this will help to dilute it's sister the Prius. Another wasteded R&D exercise. Toyota needs to stop wasting money on Scion and close it down and just focus on Toyota and Lexus.

I like it and hope it does well against the less reliable Golf and Focus hatchbacks.

If you ever wanted a Corolla hatchback that wasn't a Matrix...

LOL....true...

Kinda liked it at first, then I saw the front end......

This.  Changes.  Everything.  Wow, so beautiful!  So new!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Proper Sarcasm! :P

Be honest, how many times have you ejaculated with excitement after seeing this?

• Upvote 1

Be honest, how many times have you ejaculated with excitement after seeing this?

I can say that I :puke: at this wedge look! :P

Ummmmmmmmmm, are you all Serious?

This is a rebadge of the Prius and is just terrible. what is so great that you see that I am missing?

• Downvote 2

This is a rebadge of the Prius and is just terrible. what is so great that you see that I am missing?

It's not a Prius rebadge.  It's a Corolla.

• Upvote 1

It's not a Prius rebadge.  It's a Corolla.

Got it, I can see that now that I looked at the Toyota web site, but my initial response is they just rebadged a Prius. Both look like this, talk about bad badging. Body by Prius and Nose by Corolla. :puke:

Prius

post-12-0-04630700-1415982268_thumb.jpg

2015 Corolla

post-12-0-57019300-1415982268_thumb.jpg

I have rented one in Sweden during my Jan 2014 visit and the Auris is not bad for what it is, it's just weird...

Edited by ZL-1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By Drew Dowdell
      Fiat is bringing the Concept Centoventi to the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas.  The concept previews the next generation Panda and the name means 120 in Italian in honor of the brand's 120 year history.  The Panda is the mini-car platform used by the Fiat 500 in the U.S. 
      The Concept Centoventi is designed to be a "blank canvas" ready to be painted to suit owner's needs and desires at any time, without being stuck with the color chosen at purchase. It is produced in only one color and then the customer "paints" the vehicle using Fiat's 4U program that allows for four roof options, four bumper cover options, four wheel cover options, and four exterior wrappings.  Various interior options like storage compartments, seats, and child-restraint systems are interchangeable and installed in a plug-and-play fashion by the customer. 
      The powertrain is electrified and can be equipped with different batteries to vary the range from 60 miles to 300 miles. 
      The Concept Centoventi has a small screen in the windshield facing outward to display messages while a larger rear tailgate display can also display messages or while in motion, just the Fiat logo. 

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Fiat is bringing the Concept Centoventi to the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas.  The concept previews the next generation Panda and the name means 120 in Italian in honor of the brand's 120 year history.  The Panda is the mini-car platform used by the Fiat 500 in the U.S. 
      The Concept Centoventi is designed to be a "blank canvas" ready to be painted to suit owner's needs and desires at any time, without being stuck with the color chosen at purchase. It is produced in only one color and then the customer "paints" the vehicle using Fiat's 4U program that allows for four roof options, four bumper cover options, four wheel cover options, and four exterior wrappings.  Various interior options like storage compartments, seats, and child-restraint systems are interchangeable and installed in a plug-and-play fashion by the customer. 
      The powertrain is electrified and can be equipped with different batteries to vary the range from 60 miles to 300 miles. 
      The Concept Centoventi has a small screen in the windshield facing outward to display messages while a larger rear tailgate display can also display messages or while in motion, just the Fiat logo. 

• By Drew Dowdell
      Fiat Chrysler is bringing a slew of concepts to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that all feature some sort of electrification.
      The centerpiece of their display will be the 2020 Airflow Vision concept.  While not specifically branded as a Chrysler, the Airflow Vision does take the name of a full-size Chrysler model produced from 1934 - 1937.  FCA calls it a "sculptural design concept" that envisions the next generation of premium transportation.  The interior user experience is designed to be captivating. FCA put a lot of work into showing a sophisticated appearance that can be personalized and customized to individual needs. 
      The cabin offers multiple interfaces, one behind the steering wheel, two on the center console, one for the front passenger, and two more for the rear passengers. Information can be shared between the screens by swiping.  The interior is said to be the same size as the Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in and has a flat load floor. In spite of all that room, it only has 4 seats set up in a lounge chair fashion to maximize legroom, shoulder room, and storage space for each passenger. Premium suedes and leathers, along with ambient lighting make the ride a first-class experience. 
      The exterior of the Airflow Vision has an aggressive stance with bodywork reaching almost to the ground. The wheels hint at the use of electric motors, but no powertrain information was provided.

View full article
    • By Drew Dowdell
      Fiat Chrysler is bringing a slew of concepts to the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas that all feature some sort of electrification.
      The centerpiece of their display will be the 2020 Airflow Vision concept.  While not specifically branded as a Chrysler, the Airflow Vision does take the name of a full-size Chrysler model produced from 1934 - 1937.  FCA calls it a "sculptural design concept" that envisions the next generation of premium transportation.  The interior user experience is designed to be captivating. FCA put a lot of work into showing a sophisticated appearance that can be personalized and customized to individual needs. 
      The cabin offers multiple interfaces, one behind the steering wheel, two on the center console, one for the front passenger, and two more for the rear passengers. Information can be shared between the screens by swiping.  The interior is said to be the same size as the Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in and has a flat load floor. In spite of all that room, it only has 4 seats set up in a lounge chair fashion to maximize legroom, shoulder room, and storage space for each passenger. Premium suedes and leathers, along with ambient lighting make the ride a first-class experience. 
      The exterior of the Airflow Vision has an aggressive stance with bodywork reaching almost to the ground. The wheels hint at the use of electric motors, but no powertrain information was provided.

• By Drew Dowdell
      Los Angeles - Volkswagen has rolled out the 7th vehicle on the MEB platform at the Los Angeles Auto Show. Known as the ID. Space Vizzion, it is an all-electric wagon concept that previews a potential production vehicle for North America and Europe. It has a super efficient drag coefficient of 0.24 and carries and 82 kWh battery for a range of up to 300 miles.
      The concept car is powered by a 275-horsepower motor mounted in the rear. A second motor could me mounted up front giving a total system output of 365 hp and all-wheel drive. 
      Inside, the ID Space Vizzion is chock full of modern touches such as an augmented reality heads up display, new "AppleSkin" material is used in the seats and doors. The color spectrum of the infotainment system also changes according to the selected background lighting color. If the ID. SPACE VIZZION detects a stressful situation, such as rush hour traffic jams, the system suggests switching to a relaxation mode in which a calming ambient lighting shade is activated.

No word yet on when and if the ID. Space Vizzion is coming to market, but with the expansion of Chattanooga already underway to build the ID cars, the ID Space Vizzion's production counterpart could be here sooner rather than later. 

View full article
  • Recent Status Updates

• trinacriabob  »  balthazar

It's not possible to message you.  At least, it wasn't possible to do that last summer.  So I'll post it here.  I had a crazy layover back in June at PHL ... for about 8 hours ... and wondered how far into NJ you were from Philly.  What I did is get the PHLash day pass and did the self-guided tour of Center City before heading back to the airport.  I stayed too close to the center because of time. I actually wasted time by going into South Philly.  I wanted to venture out onto the Main Line and see Villanova.  That rail line was included on the pass I bought.  I had to manage my time because of the late afternoon flight to the Coast.  Cheers.
      · 1 reply
    • Drew Dowdell

Merry Christmas!
      · 1 reply
    • Robert Hall

Last work day of the year.  My client wants me back in January...which is good, really like working from home

· 1 reply
    • Drew Dowdell

Well today is the day. Last day at Direct Energy.
      · 0 replies
    • Drew Dowdell

Wheels for the week: 2020 Toyota Corolla XLE. We'll be taking this one on a trip to Virginia and testing out how close to the 37mpg highway rating we'll get. It's equipped with Toyota Safety Sense which means I'll have radar cruise control for the trip (Yay!). The shocking part is the price: $28,084 for a Corolla that doesn't even have the biggest engine. But it's got heated seats, so that will keep Albert Maisto happy.
      · 0 replies
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook