NINETY EIGHT REGENCY

1984 Pontiac Parisienne promotional video

Cringe-worthy in so many ways.  Buyers did not take to the A/G-body Bonneville Model G, so GM imported the Parisienne from Canada, which was essentially a Chevy Caprice with a badge job.  Was the French speaking (with subtitles) in the promo in there because this was a Canadian promo, or were they just playing up the French theme, complete with the French accents?  I'm not sure I get the woman sticking out her tongue at the :30 mark.

80's for most part we could pass on all the auto's so why watch. :P

The Parisienne was not the quintessential Pontiac of the '80s.  There were much more interesting vehicles that fueled Pontiac's resurgence in the '80s.  I'd say the most important Pontiacs of the decade were the '82 Firebird Trans Am (of KITT fame and without the gaudy screaming chicking decals of the last generation), '83 6000 STE, a serious sport sedan on a humble chassis based on the ill-fated FWD X-bodies, '86 Grand Am GT, which brought AMG-influenced style to the masses, and the '88 Fiero GT, killed just as the suspension was fixed and made it a serious sports car.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook