Sign in to follow this  
Variance

AFA Still Anti-Gay and Making Ford Pay

AFA Still Anti-Gay and Making Ford Pay

Posted Image

Apparently now if you buy a Ford you'll suffer God's wrath and burn in the fires of Hell (or an Expedition...but I digress). The protest against Ford by these (apparent) messengers of God seems to be gaining steam. Clergymen are speaking out and urging their congregations to not buy Fords until the evil automaker repents and sees the error of their ways in supporting the gay lifestyle. All this does seem to be having an effect on Ford's bottom line too as dealers are reporting drops in sales.

Read "Ford sales hit by gay ad protest" @ The Detroit News

Yeah, it's the only thing keeping me from buying a Mustang GT in bright blue with 18s and no spoiler.

Look how gleeful they are in the photo. Mental Midgets. :rolleyes:

Flee God's Wrath...in a Ford!

Catchy, don'tcha think?

Also, make a note of the barricade and where they're standing in reference to it...

Posted Image

Make sure everybody here votes on the site in favor of Ford. Show those hill-billy rednecks that America has moved into the 21st Century. Salem is but a memory!

Posted Image

Is that the AFA at a Boycott Ford rally?

And I'm curious, how is it that the AFA get's so much attention? Do they go out of their way to inform publications and media outlits that their going to do this and that? Or, is it for the most part, a bunch of people who are opposed to the AFA spreading "light" on what they view as injustice being committed by "intolerable biggots"...

Thoughts? I'm not really in-tune with the workings of media, and especially in this case... how did they gain so much attention, especially if their just 3,000,000 members, I'm pretty sure their a minority in the scheme of things... I have a marketing class at the Art institute where we watch those VW commercials all day, but that's it. But yea, thoughts?

About the picture:

I searched on Google for "American Family Assocation" and this was one of the images that came up. I thought it was a fitting image considering their attitude.

That said, I'm not 100% sure it's a real image (I wouldn't be suprised, though) and it's not really related to the Ford boycott.

Boycott for making a substandard, dangerous product; not for employing gays.

Petty thing to boycott a company for, really...

They're all just a bunch of rednecks too closed minded to except people that are different than them. They should get hit with a Ford F-350...oh the irony! :lol:

AFA's website

Give them a piece of your mind.  Inform them that boycotting Ford is gay, or something like that.

I agree with the sentiment of contacting the AFA to protest its boycott. Send letters, emails and make phone calls. These bigots who are masquerading as Christians really need to be set straight.

The easiest way for one to gain power is through the use of fear. The leaders of these ultra-conservative organizations use fear to unite their minions and followers around a common cause. In this case, the fear is of same-sex marriage and its related issues. These leaders have convinced their followers that they have something to fear if gay people are allowed to marry one another. Once that fear is instilled, the leaders have immense power over these people.

Edited by OshKoshBerJosh

its not real. gimmie a break. i sure do hope ford can focus on the car biz, though.

really, what is causing the slide. why did they lose so much dough, in comparison to gm, during Q1? this was before all of the AFA and Dobson stuff.

its not real. gimmie a break. i sure do hope ford can focus on the car biz, though.

really, what is causing the slide. why did they lose so much dough, in comparison to gm, during Q1? this was before all of the AFA and Dobson stuff.

Yeah, my wonderfully religious uncle e-mailed me an article regarding this... I wonder if my mom caved and told him I'm gay?

Either way, it's a conversation I'm not in the mood to have. <_<

If anything? This is going to get me into a Fusion quicker.

Yeah, my wonderfully religious uncle e-mailed me an article regarding this... I wonder if my mom caved and told him I'm gay?

Either way, it's a conversation I'm not in the mood to have.  <_<

If anything?  This is going to get me into a Fusion quicker.

Go for a Milan. Better interior. Edited by Croc

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook