elmarianexx

Your hobbies?

No, I am not a hobby.  But I am a six time published writer.  Oh, and I like camping, beachcombing, and hiking.

No, I am not a hobby.  But I am a six time published writer.  Oh, and I like camping, beachcombing, and hiking.

That's neat Blu, in the 10+ years I've known you I didn't know you had anything published

Besides auto's, CNG / alternative power trains and home theater, I have become since 2000 a large wine collector. Nothing like a well stocked wine cellar. Enjoying my wine's and chocolate of all things. Amazing for a person who never really cared for chocolate, how well dark chocolate goes with wine. Also into ports, gins and tequila. Last few years got a boat bug, trying to figure out what I want to get.

That's neat Blu, in the 10+ years I've known you I didn't know you had anything published

:)  thanks man

Haven't you read his op-ed on electric vehicles? They are noteworthy! :duck:

• Upvote 3

+1

Me either! Cool!

Hockey, baseball, and getting into trouble.......

• Upvote 1

Haven't you read his op-ed on electric vehicles? They are noteworthy! :duck:

ROFLMAO, :P

So Ocn Needs to point us to his published works, I would be interested. :D

Besides being an automotive and truck enthusiast, which consumes most of my free time :lol:, I am the father of three children - Antonio (20) - a United States Marine, Justin (9) - a 4th grader, and Sierra (4) - Pre-K; I am a volunteer with my local Fire Dept & EMS Squad - serve as the Fire Police Captain; I enjoy going to the movies, the Jersey shore, and collecting a large variety of automobilia and toy items.

• Upvote 1

Right now I am a big scrabble fan. I like to play online or on board with my familyeverytime I get the chance. I also enjoy doing crosword and suduko.

Hmmm ... I think this qualifies...

www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

...along with a bunch of other things....

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"We didn't get much sleep but we had a lot of fun" __ John Denver __ 'Grandma's Feather Bed'

Reading, writing, singing, listening to music (my cd collection is over 1k), video games, tv and movies (my dvd/blu-ray callection is over 1k also), watching sports (in particular American football, go Bears!).  How much of that do I actually have time for?  Almost none.

I race go-karts.  About 28hp and go up to 80mph.  No seat belts, of course lol.  :lol: 

Here's a video of one of my races a couple years back.  It was a boring race, but the only one with me in it lol.  I'm in the 21.

I love racing in general, mainly Indycar and NASCAR.  I go to the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 every year.  I'm also building a collection of vinyl records.  It's almost exclusively Beach Boys albums right now haha.  If you don't know me from MT, you'll quickly find out that I am obsessed with them.  Can't get enough of their harmonies and the way Brian Wilson arranges the songs.  I also enjoy listening to Sinatra, The Four Seasons, The Beatles, and Coldplay.  I love singing, too.  I've actually taught myself to be a decent enough singer, though I still can't hold a note on words with an a in them.  

I race go-karts.  About 28hp and go up to 80mph.  No seat belts, of course lol.  :lol:

Here's a video of one of my races a couple years back.  It was a boring race, but the only one with me in it lol.  I'm in the 21.

I love racing in general, mainly Indycar and NASCAR.  I go to the Indy 500 and Brickyard 400 every year.  I'm also building a collection of vinyl records.  It's almost exclusively Beach Boys albums right now haha.  If you don't know me from MT, you'll quickly find out that I am obsessed with them.  Can't get enough of their harmonies and the way Brian Wilson arranges the songs.  I also enjoy listening to Sinatra, The Four Seasons, The Beatles, and Coldplay.  I love singing, too.  I've actually taught myself to be a decent enough singer, though I still can't hold a note on words with an a in them.  

I'm down with all of that music except for Coldplay.  My wife is a bit silly on the subject of the Beach Boys.  Someone got it into her head when she was younger that they don't deserve any credit because black artists from the beginning of the rock scene don't get the proper credit and their stuff was often co-opted/stolen.  I try to explain to her that she should be mad at Elvis, then, not the Beach Boys, because the surf music genre wasn't really a big scene for black musicians.  Still she holds to her hatred of the Beach Boys.

Besides cars? Well i quite enjoy working on lawn mowers of the push/walk behind variety. Always liked mowers, even as I kid I had several, although i didn't really know how to work on them. Starting 3 or 4 years ago, I picked up the hobby again and make some money on the side.

Currently working on this late 70's per-compliance "Grand Prix" 21" mulching mower.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

I've even got a small collection of ones I really like. a Toro with a 2-Cycle Suzuki engine, another Toro with a very rare 2-cycle Briggs and Stratton Engine, 2-Cycle Lawn Boy, a 4-cycle Briggs powered Simplicity, a 4-cycle Briggs powered Jacobson, and a modern Brute (which is likely worth the least, but its what rekindled the hobby and looks new).

• Upvote 1

That mulcher sticker actually stayed on the deck, as did the sticker on the engine as neither wanted to come off. I did manage successfully to remove and reinstall the "Grand Prix" sticker as well as the model ID sticker.

web.jpg

web.jpg

I'm a driver and a cyclist. I got rid of the car a little while ago, but have been a cyclist since forever. it's fun to be on both sides of the coin. On the receiving end from terrible cyclists. On the receiving end from terrible drivers.

Being faster than cyclists in the car. Being faster than other drivers in the car. Being faster than other cyclists on the bikes, being faster than cars on the bike.

Anyways, both my bike and the car were just about as old as me in terms of date of manufacture. Weird.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook