Sign in to follow this  
pow

"Made in Detroit" reality show

I heard on NPR that Ford is considering their own reality show, in which designers compete and get their work judged. The winner gets to see their design turned into a concept car.

I had the same idea for GM (really, I promise) but never got to completing the writeup. Oh well, sigh, but good for Ford; I think it's a great idea that can highlight the creativity and talent of a company.

They also mentioned how Ford is going to spend a record amount of money on advertising, particularly through non-conventional, guerilla methods.

Edited by empowah

This would be awesome for Detroit brands in general. It would show the blind masses that they are not just your grandfather's car, and that they(Big 3) are creative.....and probably more so than the Japanese brands.

Too bad only domestic auto fans will probably be the only ones watching it, as it will probably air on the Speed channel.

I wonder if it'll be hosted by Kiefer Sutherland, aka, "Jack Bauer?"... After all, he advertises Ford products in two ways: In 24 his character Jack Bauer always seems to grab Ford Expeditions and Explorerers and all the good guys use Ford products... (and all the terrorists seem to love their Tahoes... no kidding :huh: ), and Sutherland also provides the voice in Ford Canada commercials.

If they are smart, they should use celebrity power for this idea. Hell, look at "Dancing with the Stars" and "Skating with Celebrities." Both really stupid ideas and simpleton shows, and yet millions watched them for the "celebs."

Kiefer Sutherland may be the perfect guy to host this. He seems to have mass appeal to both men and women, and perhaps, mainstream TV networks. Ford ought to make the show almost commercial free, because in a sense, it's advertising itself(even if it costs extra cash). People hate commercials, and may be drawn to a near commercial free reality show that has regular people designing cars hosted by Kiefer Sutherland.

Then again, when regular people design cars, you get things like this...

Posted Image

Edited by Captainbooyah

I wonder if it'll be hosted by Kiefer Sutherland, aka, "Jack Bauer?"... After all, he advertises Ford products in two ways: In 24 his character Jack Bauer always seems to grab Ford Expeditions and Explorerers and all the good guys use Ford products... (and all the terrorists seem to love their Tahoes... no kidding :huh: ), and Sutherland also provides the voice in Ford Canada commercials.

If they are smart, they should use celebrity power for this idea. Hell, look at "Dancing with the Stars" and "Skating with Celebrities." Both really stupid ideas and simpleton shows, and yet millions watched them for the "celebs."

Kiefer Sutherland may be the perfect guy to host this. He seems to have mass appeal to both men and women, and perhaps, mainstream TV networks. Ford ought to make the show almost commercial free, because in a sense, it's advertising itself(even if it costs extra cash). People hate commercials, and may be drawn to a near commercial free reality show that has regular people designing cars hosted by Kiefer Sutherland.

Then again, when regular people design cars, you get things like this...

Posted Image

I'd hardly call Homer "regular" :AH-HA_wink:

Great idea. Go for it Blue Oval. :)

I don't know if it's related or not to this, but yesterday me and my g/f were in downtown Fort Worth and we had seen two semi's with an array of FoMoCo. cars and trucks pictured on them. Wasn't sure what to make of em, but they both had Michigan plates and Ford plates.

Edited by deftonesfan867

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook