elmarianexx

Your dream car?

I'd love a custom, fat-fendered, 1940's cross between a pontoon car, a submarine & a torpedo (design-wise). Something unique, or why else bother?

This is a bit too old in as far as the sheet metal goes, but I love the imposing size & primal 'mechanicalism' of it :

DanielSimon_CaptainAmericaCar.jpg

Edited by balthazar

Another huge Tucker fan here, tho I would like to have this concept model/illustration done in full-size:

Tucker_Torpedo_Brochure_c._1947.jpg

Jersey custom shop is building this full-scale right now:

Tucker-7.jpg

I'd love a custom, fat-fendered, 1940's cross between a pontoon car, a submarine & a torpedo (design-wise). Something unique, or why else bother?

This is a bit too old in as far as the sheet metal goes, but I love the imposing size & primal 'mechanicalism' of it :

DanielSimon_CaptainAmericaCar.jpg

Awesome car choice, there balthazar.

re.jpg

I do find myself focused on Nemo' car when I happen to see the movie. The ginger breading has potential in my book.
Overall tho, I hate it when the fenders are farther forward than the grille. And this one (along with the Cap't America movie car) with 6 wheels is a deal breaker- I would only build something like that with 4.

- - - - -

Below is a scale model, war-time variant of what was dubbed the Cadillac 'Interceptor', which was built as a full-size runner circa '46 (there's a youtube video of it in action). 

I would happily drive a similar, streamlined car like this one, perhaps change the nosecone rings to radial strakes and make that baby rotate when the car is in motion. :D

46%20Interceptor00_zpsods7q1bp.png

This Opera Coupe is actually available and very attainable, with fewer than 15k miles for $18,900.  It would be divine if it were black over silver.  To make it truly dreamy, slip the Tesla Model S P85D mechanicals underneath the skin and give it full autonomous drive.

FloridaOperaCoupe_zpsd6d3d836.jpg

http://www.allcollectorcars.com/for-sale/1979-CADILLAC-SEVILLE/1465881/

This thread is fantastic!  Keep 'em coming!  :)

Edited by ocnblu

Here are 3 auto's that I love. I have always liked the custom trucks that people built from cars or in the case of the GMC custom crew cab. :D

post-12-0-75379000-1424804478_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-37967400-1424804482_thumb.jpg

post-12-0-57468400-1424804477_thumb.jpg

Course the one car I would still love to own.

1986 Monte Carlo Areo Coupe

post-12-0-66824400-1424804633_thumb.jpg

I like coupes. Not talking about 2-dr sedans (for EX, the 3/4-series 2-dr) or the erroneously dubbed '4-dr coupes', but true, close-coupled coupes. IE: 3-window cars.

Also have always gravitated toward the opposite of (really, mostly everything) of what's automotively popular; I prefer a short hood, long deck car. Not easy to find outside of the El Camino/Ranchero.

Love the proportions on this, the '52 Packard Macaulay Speedster :

1952_Packard_Special_Speedster_02.jpg

Lovely car, I would agree that would rock :metal: to have one to drive. Love the simple yet distinct style of the body. :D

I can keep at this for days :lol:

1991 GMC Syclone

19e9wqtprph0ejpg.jpg

*Fun fact: the Syclone I included above is not the well-known 1991 model year but is the stillborn 1992 model year offering that was cancelled last-minute.  Changes for the '92 Syclone included new rearview mirrors, blacked out GMC grille letters, and various two-toned color offerings outside of the black/matte black '91-only color choice.  GMC decided to focus only on the Typhoon for 1992 and used many of the same Sylcone body panels on the new-for-'92 Sonoma GT. GMC produced a unique brochure for 1992 featuring the Syclone, Typhoon, and Sonoma GT.  This is still one of my favorite brochures form the early '90s.

(Any) Chevrolet Corvette Z06

E39 BMW M5

1947/8 Chevrolet COE

Why 1947/48?  Any particular reason for those years?

'Fraid my dream car isn't as exotic as others posted in here......

1975 Caprice Classic convertible

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"With every state line, somehow I find another part of me" __ Love & Theft __ 'Runaway'

1989 Cadillac Solitaire V-12 Sport Coupe Concept

This was a beauty that GM should have brought out as is.

post-12-0-74278500-1425397190_thumb.jpg

I remember that Caddy!  I got a poster of it, one of those fancy hand-drawn types, from the '90 or '91 Philly Auto Show.  Had that sucker hanging in my bedroom for years.  While I really like the Solitaire, I was more in love with the Voyage (sedan) concept, which was the follow-up to the Solitaire and a preview of the upcoming Fleetwood Brougham for '93.

Cadillac-Voyage_Concept-1988-1600-02.jpg

Loved that car also. These cars were so advanced it showed up the MB S line as an ugly POS that it was. 

While I really like the Solitaire, I was more in love with the Voyage (sedan) concept, which was the follow-up to the Solitaire and a preview of the upcoming Fleetwood Brougham for '93.

Cadillac-Voyage_Concept-1988-1600-02.jpg

This is the Caddy concept I liked best back then, too!  It was so cool to see some of those design cues in the 1990s sedan!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"The stars might lie, but the numbers never do" __ Mary Chapin-Carpenter __ 'I Feel Lucky'
  • Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook