I'd like to introduce you to 'Oz'

post-418-0-11290000-1425165807_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-39428400-1425165820_thumb.jpg

post-418-0-82742400-1425165841_thumb.jpg

I decided on the 2015 GMC Canyon SLT Crew Cab Long Bed 4wd to lease (wife wasn't initially happy but she's come around!). I'm leasing it for 48 months through GM Financial. Busy driving around, didn't get too many pictures yet. Weather forecast calls for the next several days to be rain/snow mix, so more & better pictures in the future :)

• Agree 1

congrats on the Canyon!  Love the Canyon front end, its really tough looking!  I am interested in knowing what you get for mpg.

On my dad's wish list for a new ride is a Passat TDI but since i told him about the Colorado diesel next year, he may be waiting for that.  He likes his S-10 and would probably really prefer to move into a Colorado or Canyon.

Awesome, Beauty of a ride! Way to go with Oz. Look forward to hearing all about it as you drive it and test it in all the various weather to come. :) Way to Go GM Truck Guy on your new GMC (Gorgeous Metallic Truck)  :dance:

What color interior?

Jet Black Leather. Really like the Jet Black/Ash (gray) interior of the Colorado, shame GMC only has black and cocoa/dune (not a fan of the brown & tan interior).

I really like that exterior color, but I'd go for the cocoa interior

What color interior?

Jet Black Leather. Really like the Jet Black/Ash (gray) interior of the Colorado, shame GMC only has black and cocoa/dune (not a fan of the brown & tan interior).

I really like that exterior color, but I'd go for the cocoa interior

I'm with Drew on this ... I'd go for the cocoa interior, too.

CONGRATULATIONS, Roger!  The GMC Canyon looks AWESOME ... & you look very happy with it!  So, when's the road trip to IL? ;)

Cort | www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve

Thanks everyone for the great comments.  I'm so impressed with the new Canyon - the way it rides, handles, and the features it has.  Light years above anything I'm use to driving.

The only options my 4LT (4WD SLT) packaged Canyon has are: (G7J) Emerald Green Metallic, (E25) 5" Rectangular Chrome 5" Assist Steps, (I06) 8" Diagonal Color Touch Screen Navigation with IntelliLink Radio, and the (UQA) Bose premium 7-speaker system.  I am having the dealer add the (5JY)  Soft cloth, folding tonneau cover - this is both a factory and a dealer-installed GMC Accessory.  This will allow me to use the bed when we are out shopping or traveling to keep items out of the weather.  I'm likely going to go online to ShopChevy.com and buy the (VBR) Rubber Bed Mat so that items don't roll all around the bed so much :lol:

Z-06, the only two GearOn items I'd remotely be interested in are the (RVY) pickup box cargo divider and the (5VI) cargo tie-down rings. But I'm also open to finding another aftermarket cargo bar to help keep items in place.  I had bought a true cargo bar - not a bed divider - when I leased my 2001 GMC Sonoma HighRider and it really helped to keep items in place.  I'm sure someone make something like that and on the cheaper side too :P

Thanks everyone for the great comments.  I'm so impressed with the new Canyon - the way it rides, handles, and the features it has.  Light years above anything I'm use to driving.

The only options my 4LT (4WD SLT) packaged Canyon has are: (G7J) Emerald Green Metallic, (E25) 5" Rectangular Chrome 5" Assist Steps, (I06) 8" Diagonal Color Touch Screen Navigation with IntelliLink Radio, and the (UQA) Bose premium 7-speaker system.  I am having the dealer add the (5JY)  Soft cloth, folding tonneau cover - this is both a factory and a dealer-installed GMC Accessory.  This will allow me to use the bed when we are out shopping or traveling to keep items out of the weather.  I'm likely going to go online to ShopChevy.com and buy the (VBR) Rubber Bed Mat so that items don't roll all around the bed so much :lol:

Z-06, the only two GearOn items I'd remotely be interested in are the (RVY) pickup box cargo divider and the (5VI) cargo tie-down rings. But I'm also open to finding another aftermarket cargo bar to help keep items in place.  I had bought a true cargo bar - not a bed divider - when I leased my 2001 GMC Sonoma HighRider and it really helped to keep items in place.  I'm sure someone make something like that and on the cheaper side too :P

Have you thought of doing the Rhino liner rather than the rubber matt?

I'm so impressed with the new Canyon - the way it rides, handles, and the features it has.

I know several people that've now either bought the Canyon or Colorado ... & every single review I've read is similar to this.  That is encouraging, I'd say.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

"I don't know where we'll go, but it beats where we're at" __ Lonestar __ 'What About Now'

I'm not a spray-on or plastic bed liner kind of guy, dfelt. I like my pickup beds to show their color (paint). Then again, I'm not tossing firewood, stones, mulch or anything like that in the bed of my truck - maybe I'd change my mind if I had too. I put in a plastic bed liner into my '01 Sonoma HighRider; the same week I purchased it a friend was turning in his leased '99 Sonoma 2wd and sold me his pristine bed liner for $50. It helped protect the bed from when I moved and hauling some stuff for friends & family (washer/dryer, large screen TV), but I hate how it covered the blue paint and being plastic items moved around easily. That's why I'm going with the rubber mat; protects the floor & prevents items from rolling around (provides grip) but can easily be removed if I want to. I'd like to see spray-on liners come in color instead of just 'black''. I'd likely be more open to getting that option in the future.

I'm not a spray-on or plastic bed liner kind of guy, dfelt. I like my pickup beds to show their color (paint). Then again, I'm not tossing firewood, stones, mulch or anything like that in the bed of my truck - maybe I'd change my mind if I had too. I put in a plastic bed liner into my '01 Sonoma HighRider; the same week I purchased it a friend was turning in his leased '99 Sonoma 2wd and sold me his pristine bed liner for $50. It helped protect the bed from when I moved and hauling some stuff for friends & family (washer/dryer, large screen TV), but I hate how it covered the blue paint and being plastic items moved around easily. That's why I'm going with the rubber mat; protects the floor & prevents items from rolling around (provides grip) but can easily be removed if I want to. I'd like to see spray-on liners come in color instead of just 'black''. I'd likely be more open to getting that option in the future.

Funny you mention that now that Line X offers color matched spray on bed liners.

http://www.linex.com/pages/2010/bedliners/products/xtra.php

I love it now that they match the truck and blend in. I have loved the Line X in my Dakota and swear by it. My Dad has the rubber mat in his Colorado and still does not want to haul stuff in it. Mine looks like new even with the truck being a 98 Dakota.

LineX has had color-matched spray-in liners for years.  I have a rubber mat (aftermarket) in my new truck, and I bought the GM tailgate liner (have not installed it yet, although it will be easy).  I would prefer a spray-in liner, but think the cost is prohibitive.  And I loved my BedRugs in past trucks, but they all had some sort of bed cover.  If I can afford it, maybe next year I will spring for a lined Leer cap for mine, like I had on my '04 Colorado... that made the ideal camping rig, with the lined cap and the BedRug.

• 4 weeks later...

I've filled up teh truck with gas (regular) three times so far.  Total mileage was 776 at last fill-up, adding up all the gallons comes to 40.839, doing some division shows average MPG to be 19.  Not bad considering the '06 Envoy 4WD was giving me about 15-16 MPG.

LOVE the new pics, Roger!!!!!!  Lookin' good.  I think you need to road trip that to IL. ;)

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

"Maybe it's the feeling or maybe it's the freedom" __ Rodney Atkins __ 'Take A Back Road'

• 2 weeks later...

Here's one at dusk with the headlights, LED lights, and the fog lights all on:

attachicon.gifFullSizeRender1A.jpg

I love the way GMC did their LED's Much better than the Chevy Face. Though it looks like the 2017 will get these headlights also now or something similar.

Nope, no 4+ hour trips planned any time soon for me (FWIW, I can't think of a time I drove any of my vehicles longer than 2 hours).  The longest trip I drive is usually out to Carlisle, PA (2.5 hours) at the end of June and then a bunch of 2 hour trips (Harrisburg, PA; Hershey, PA; Cape May, NJ; Allentown, PA; Baltimore, MD).  My first trip will likely be Harrisburg, PA on May 15th, assuming my friend doesn't take the bunch of us in his limo :P  If I don't drive the Canyon then, I will be going to York, PA on May 30th.  I will definitely post my thoughts after the first long drive.

By the way, I'm really enjoying driving this truck.  I did liked driving my two Envoy's & my Sonoma, but the Canyon is by far the best GMC I've owned.  I'm enjoying it so much that I don't regret not getting a Sierra, something that was a big concern to me prior to deciding on the Canyon.  I will say that interior room for the back seat occupants (when 3 are riding shoulder to shoulder), plus the lack of rear interior storage (i.e. usable under & behind the seat storage) are my two gripes.  I had a 2014 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed LT 4WD rental last June (Father's Day weekend) and was able to put items from small shopping trips under the rear seat.  With the Canyon, I have the use of the bed for all trips, small or large (tonneau cover with lockable tailgate).  Of course this is when I have the kids in the back seat, which is most shopping trips.  I had to do this with the Envoy too but it's an apples to oranges comparison pickup / SUV.  The full-size pickups give you some usable under seat storage that I do miss in the Mid-size pickups.

Glad to hear you are really enjoying the new truck.  As a former 2x S10 and 2x Ranger owner, the Colorado/Canyon really appeal to me but I do wish GM had made them a bit smaller.  I see quite a few of them on the road now and I still think they look quite large every time I see them.  Still... seeing as I am apparently a diesel guy now, the diesel version could be tempting if it is priced right. lol

• Agree 1

If these trucks were any smaller, I would have went with a Sierra instead.  I got use to the size of my Envoy (had 2 of them) and that's the smallest I'd go in terms of a new vehicle.  Thankfully the Canyon is close enough to the Envoy in interior room that I didn't need to go to the full-size pickup. I still say there's room for a small pickup, maybe regular & extended cab body styles only, in the marketplace.

• Agree 1

Well, I have a family now that I didn't have back when I had my compact trucks so honestly this size truck would work better for my family.  I'd just have to make sure a crew cab short box would fit in the garage.  I assume it would but they seem to be much longer than the old S10.  Any idea if when you get a RWD truck it has a lower suspension?  I think both the Colorado and Canyon would look pretty sweet in RWD with a little lower suspension.  The websites make the RWD trucks look like 4x4's.

My Colorado LT = $30,410

My Canyon SLE = $31,270

I wonder how much the diesel will add and when it will be available?  I haven't read anything about it in a while.  The above prices include the V6.