First Zeta hits the road in down under testing

LaCrosse goes to EPII in 2010.  There is no scheduled G6 replacement.  Anything regarding a next GP is speculation, though if it happens it would likely be a Holden import.

Check Ted's updated code page. :AH-HA_wink:

What do you think?  LWB Zeta floorpan with Sigma suspensions would not be out of the question.

2 SWB one lux and one sport, almost like different trim levels and one LWB sport.  Business case done.

Aspirational is NOT volume and Pontiac is a volume division.  It is #3 behind GMC and #2 in car sales.

why cant pontiac get cadillacs hand me downs?

why cant pontiac get the sigma I and redo the exterior until the lines suit pontiac... while cadillac gets the new sigma II

pontiac could really use a CTS sized vehicle... if the cts is supposed to receive a new platform why cant pontiac get the CTS frame to work with?

why cant pontiac get cadillacs hand me downs?

why cant pontiac get the sigma I and redo the exterior until the lines suit pontiac... while cadillac gets the new sigma II

pontiac could really use a CTS sized vehicle... if the cts is supposed to receive a new platform why cant pontiac get the CTS frame to work with?

$$$$.

Sigma I is still a costly platform from a parts perspective. If any GM brand could use Sigma I and justify the cost it is Buick and that was never under consideration. The Zeta cars will do just fine as they will be world class.

I think...

Grand Prix (Zeta - rebadged Commodore?)...

Now THAT would be a Grand Prix!!! :)

Edited by Sixty8panther

Buick and Pontiac are merging their sales channels. No way will they put so many overlapping cars in the same dealership. No way.

My guess is that BPG 2009 will look like this:

Lucerne -- stays ASIS until future luxury platform comes out (share with DTS)

LaCross -- Replace with Zeta 'Statesman'

G6 -- stays ASIS

GTO -- Import from AU again

Everything else -- Chevy badgejobs.

No G8, no Bonneville.

If this is true then you can be sure Oldmobile & LaSalle will

have a new buddy or two up in Automotive Heaven! :angry:

I think...

Midsize 2-dr: Camaro (Zeta), none for Buick, GTO (Zeta - rebadged Monaro?)

Midsize 4-dr: Malibu (Epsilon), LaCrosse (Epsilon), Grand Prix (Zeta - rebadged Commodore?)

Fullsize 4-dr: Impala (Zeta - rebadged Statesman?), Lucerne (Zeta), none for Pontiac

I think that's about right. If the Statesman was a go (along with full size Impala), and had the Zeta under it, Buick would have a great sedan line, along with the EPII Lacrosse.

nah, not really. it looks more like an evolutionary design of the existing holdens.

of course with all that camo its kind of bravado to be so definitive with a "unoriginal, bmw looka like claim"

expect the american versions to look much different.

edit: the current mercedes and japanese luxury cars are also being accused of copying bmw, especially the "bangle-ized" rear end...they say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, too.

maybe its me but it seems as if this is where design has taken us. aerodynamically, proportionally--functionality and feasibility. cars are evolutionary as is most technology so at some point you have to expect tings to merge.

you remember what happened to the three wheeled car and the biplane.

Edited by Mr.Krinkle

thank you for correcting the misinformation that has been bandied about....

My info is/was current as of March 2006. Anything contrary is new information, though since I have yet to hear a single bit of insider confirmation, I won't tout it as correct info...especially given the large amount of insiders insisting there is none planned. That said, I hope my info is wrong...because Pontiac would be dead without a next-gen EPII.

Unoriginal styling that tries once again to be BMW.

You're looking at a prototype of a 70% covered up

and desguised up car that may bear strong

resemblance to the car that we will get. Don't

pass judgement based on this. That's way too

premature.

I like the droop for what it's worth.

But no one should get too excited about the GTO photo either way it is only a shopped photo and only someones idea of what they would like to see.

The Holden is base on the photo and a lot closer to what we might see.

Edited by hyperv6