rares209

New-gen Mazda MX-5 enters production

Mazda has officially announced the production start of the new generation MX-5 as the first deliveries of the roadster will be made this June.

The brand new Mazda MX-5 has been officially unveiled on the 3rd of September, in the United States and in Spain, and it was then introduced, one month later, at the 2014 Paris Motor Show and in Los Angeles too, in November. The model in question is now highlighted once more, this time with the company announcing its production start in Japan, at the Hiroshima facility. The roadster is in its fourth generation and the first one to get the new SkyActiv technologies from Mazda, standing out from a crowd thanks to the appealing Kodo design language, which is making it look different than its predecessors.

2015_mazda_mx_5_production.8zg9szyh5b0g0

Source: http://www.inautonews.com/new-gen-mazda-mx-5-enters-production#.VP8y1fmsWiw

Now the start of the Komodo Dragon look and jokes! :P

Only thing bothering me is the starting price over here, for the 1.5L version I have to pay around 30,000 which could also get me a much better all round vehicle. And besides, who wants the 1.5L?! That's way too slow if you are used to a turbo 1.8NA.

I've seen it at a car show though and it looked absolutely stunning in real life, the photos definitely don't do this car justice.