rares209

Volkswagen Passat review

This is the one that’ll have the competition worried. Not just the traditional competition, either. The Volkswagen Passat has been troubling the large family car market for years, but this timeVolkswagen isn’t just targeting the Ford Mondeo and Vauxhall Insignia.

Not when the wider Volkswagen Group has a new Skoda Superb that will muscle its way farther into that market. No, this time, as well as competing against high-end large family cars, VW is ever more serious about pitching the Passat against compact executives such as the BMW 3 Series and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. The truth is that it’s one of the few mainstream manufacturers with a sufficiently carefully nurtured brand cachet to do it.

vw-passat-road-test-2015-003.jpg?itok=Rh

Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/passat?

Well... not really.  The interior doesn't hold a candle to those premium brands.   The Passat is the most cubic inches of car per dollar/pound/euro you can buy... that is its claim to fame....  If you want premium materials like a luxury car, best to stick with the premium brands.

Well... not really.  The interior doesn't hold a candle to those premium brands.   The Passat is the most cubic inches of car per dollar/pound/euro you can buy... that is its claim to fame....  If you want premium materials like a luxury car, best to stick with the premium brands.

I agree, I think the author definitely exaggerated with that statement. Personally, I don't think Volkswagen will ever try to compete with those well-known luxury models as long as the Phaeton is still around.

WOW, What a bland ugly looking car. Reminds me of how ugly the Toyota Camry and so many other bland mid size sedans are. Sad we have these but then we have a majority group of people who like conservative following rather than stand out look at me auto's

I agree, I think the author definitely exaggerated with that statement. Personally, I don't think Volkswagen will ever try to compete with those well-known luxury models as long as the Phaeton is still around.

Well it's more than just that.  The Passat absolutely dwarfs the 3-series. There is a big size difference

Just one recommendation, I commend that you are putting reviews of others on site, please refer to those in the heading and beginning of the post that way it does not give the perception of the reviews being Cheers and Gears own. At least I got that till I read the link in the bottom.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook