rares209

2015 Ferrari 488 GTB preview: video, pictures and performance

The 488 GTB takes its name from the cubic capacity of each of its cylinders: 487.75, rounded up to 488. 'GTB' comes in celebration of the 40th anniversary of the gorgeous 308 GTB of 1975.

The 488’s total cubic capacity is 3.9-litres, but heavy turbocharging and a wealth of Maranello know-how has enabled engineers to extract a whopping 661bhp at a satisfyingly high 8000rpm. A substantial 561lb ft of torque also arrives from just 2000rpm.

Handling that power is Ferrari’s latest twin-clutch gearbox, which we can safely say is amongst the very best in the business. Its accurate yet aggressive shifts and satisfyingly rapid responses were a vital ingredient in the 458's success.

alp_1027.jpg?itok=v9iCpEE_

Source: http://www.evo.co.uk/features/15210/2015-ferrari-488-gtb-preview-video-pictures-and-performance?

YAWN, Same Tired old look. I wish Ferrari would really take a chance on something really different in the style department. I used to always love the early Ferrari and Lambo that was in the Cannon Ball Run movies but now it just looks like 20 years of tweaking an old style. This is also true of Porsche. So need to get some design mojo.

YAWN, Same Tired old look. I wish Ferrari would really take a chance on something really different in the style department. I used to always love the early Ferrari and Lambo that was in the Cannon Ball Run movies but now it just looks like 20 years of tweaking an old style. This is also true of Porsche. So need to get some design mojo.

I think you are trying to point out that it looks similar to it's predecessor, the 458, and, to be honest I think you might be right it kinda shares the main drawing points with a little tweaking , but maybe we are too harsh. Anyway, you can't cay Ferrari is not paying attention to design, just think about the Ferrari LaFerrari. And keep in mind that Porsche is one of a kind when it comes to not doing anything about the desgin.