William Maley

Ask Me Anything: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wrangler

Before the full madness of the New York Auto Show comes upon us, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about this week's test car and spill some thoughts on it. The vehicle in question happens to be the 2015 Jeep Wrangler Willys Wheeler, which is a special edition model for the 2015 model year. Based on the Sport model, the Willys Wheeler gets such features as rock rails from the Rubicon model, 17-inch wheels, a new rear differential, and a number of decals on the outside.

• I like the exterior treatment with the grey paint, blacked out wheels and grille; and decals that harken back to the original Jeep from the 40's
  • The interior is somewhat cramped due to the short wheelbase and body shell. Also don't expect to have adult passengers in the back as there no legroom.
  • I currently have the hardtop on the Wrangler and will testing how easy it is to remove and put back together.
  • The Pentastar V6 and five-speed automatic give the Wrangler some much needed oomph.

Like the 500L Easy, I'll be updating this as the week goes on. In the meantime, if you have questions, put them below and I'll do my best to answer them.

View full article

Questions? Raises Hand 

How does this compare to the Rubicon?

Where in the lineup does this jeep fit? Meaning if you have a base 2wd 4 banger stipped jeep and the top is the Rubicon, where does this fit? Above the Sahara below it.........

What is the expected gas mileage? 

Interior, does it still have the rubber pull out plugs so you can hose the inside down and drain it? In my 94 Sahara it had these under the carpet but easy to get to pull them.

Is it as stiff as past wanglers or softer on the ride?

What is the new rear differential?

Questions? Raises Hand 

How does this compare to the Rubicon?

Where in the lineup does this jeep fit? Meaning if you have a base 2wd 4 banger stipped jeep and the top is the Rubicon, where does this fit? Above the Sahara below it.........

What is the expected gas mileage? 

Interior, does it still have the rubber pull out plugs so you can hose the inside down and drain it? In my 94 Sahara it had these under the carpet but easy to get to pull them.

Is it as stiff as past wanglers or softer on the ride?

What is the new rear differential?

1. Can't say since this is first Wrangler I have driven
  2. Between the Sport V6 and Sahara
  3. 17 City/21 Highway/18 Combined
  4. Haven't been able to find them yet. Tried to look under the floormats and wasn't able to find them. Maybe need to pull the carpet to find them.
  5. See #1
  6. 3.73 Trac-Lok rear differential

Have you found a place to go rock climbing yet?

I have been looking into it. Unfortunately, the nearest off-road park is closed to SUVs and trucks till May.

I own a 2012 and I really have to disagree with the leg room in the rear seat.  I have had adults in the back of my Jeep many times.  I have been the DD from a party or a trip downtown and had to take more people then expected.  I had 4 females in the back.  I had to do that for a short distance from a party out in the middle of no where when a couple of people were without a drive.  I had a 6'2" man in the front passenger seat so the seat was pushed back.  We made it work.

Unless you have extremely tall or large friends it shouldn't be an issue at all.  Had one tipsy passenger trip over the seat getting out of the back.  She picked herself up quickly and was ok.  She tried to put her foot on the ground rather then the side step and it didn't work out so well.

James

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Social Stream

• Similar Content

• By William Maley
      Today saw the Lexus UX 200 F-Sport being swapped for this 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum. This base model comes very well equipped with a LED headlights, panoramic sunroof, 10-way power seats12.3-inch display for the instrument cluster, and a 9-inch infotainment system. But this particular vehicle is loaded with over $9,000 in options including metallic paint, 19-inch wheels, adaptive cruise control, Harman/Kardon audio system, and power trunk lid. This brings the price to $46,240 with destination - base being $36,050.
      Power comes from a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 250 horsepower, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
      I'll be updating this piece later in the day with some first drive impressions and I only briefly drove it around my work's parking lot to grab some pictures. In the meantime, start dropping off your questions.
      UPDATE: As promised (albeit slightly late), some more first impressions of the S60.
      The T5 engine is a surprisingly punchy engine, providing rapid power when driving on the freeway or exiting a turn. But the downside is noticeable turbo lag when leaving a stop - something I noted in my XC40 review. Volvo Sensus and my iPhone 7 Plus aren't seeming getting along at the moment. When I first plugged my phone in, the system recognized it and brought up the button to launch Apple CarPlay. But I couldn't bring up the CarPlay interface as the button did nothing. I had to unplug and plug the phone back in before it worked. One more issue concerning CarPlay. Some apps only bring up a blank screen when first opened. I would close them and relaunch to bring them to back to regular status. I can't explain whether this is due to me still running an older version of the OS or something with the car. To answer @regfootball comment on the space, this feels slightly larger than the outgoing S60. In the back, I have slightly more legroom than the previous models I have driven. Headroom is still tight, partly due to the optional panoramic sunroof. Volvo still hasn't solved getting in and out of the back as it still feels like a tight squeeze, even though the rear doors do have a wider opening.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      Today saw the Lexus UX 200 F-Sport being swapped for this 2020 Volvo S60 T5 Momentum. This base model comes very well equipped with a LED headlights, panoramic sunroof, 10-way power seats12.3-inch display for the instrument cluster, and a 9-inch infotainment system. But this particular vehicle is loaded with over $9,000 in options including metallic paint, 19-inch wheels, adaptive cruise control, Harman/Kardon audio system, and power trunk lid. This brings the price to $46,240 with destination - base being $36,050.
      Power comes from a turbocharged 2.0L four-cylinder with 250 horsepower, paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission.
      I'll be updating this piece later in the day with some first drive impressions and I only briefly drove it around my work's parking lot to grab some pictures. In the meantime, start dropping off your questions.
      UPDATE: As promised (albeit slightly late), some more first impressions of the S60.
      The T5 engine is a surprisingly punchy engine, providing rapid power when driving on the freeway or exiting a turn. But the downside is noticeable turbo lag when leaving a stop - something I noted in my XC40 review. Volvo Sensus and my iPhone 7 Plus aren't seeming getting along at the moment. When I first plugged my phone in, the system recognized it and brought up the button to launch Apple CarPlay. But I couldn't bring up the CarPlay interface as the button did nothing. I had to unplug and plug the phone back in before it worked. One more issue concerning CarPlay. Some apps only bring up a blank screen when first opened. I would close them and relaunch to bring them to back to regular status. I can't explain whether this is due to me still running an older version of the OS or something with the car. To answer @regfootball comment on the space, this feels slightly larger than the outgoing S60. In the back, I have slightly more legroom than the previous models I have driven. Headroom is still tight, partly due to the optional panoramic sunroof. Volvo still hasn't solved getting in and out of the back as it still feels like a tight squeeze, even though the rear doors do have a wider opening.

• By William Maley
      This week marks my first review vehicle for 2020 - the Lexus UX 200 F-Sport. This one comes equipped with such items as F-Sport exterior package, 18-inch wheels, Lexus Enform with Apple CarPlay  compatibility;  Wi-Fi connectivity, and a 10-way power driver's seat. Options on this vehicle include blind spot monitoring, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, heads-up display, navigation, and a windhield de-icer - the last one being quite important as we had an ice storm roll through last night.
      Power comes from a 2.0L DOHC four-cylinder with 169 horsepower. This is likely the same engine I had in my 2019 Toyota Corolla SE hatchback I reviewed last month. This is paired with a CVT and front-wheel drive. Disappointingly, Lexus isn't offering all-wheel drive on the UX 200. To get that, you need to climb up the UX 250h. 
      For the day and a half I had the UX, I found to be quite nippy around town. Though on the freeway, the engine becomes quite buzzy and you do need to step on it to get some forward momentum. It is also surprising how maneuverable the vehicle is. I was able to snatch a narrow parking space at a popular restaurant with no issue.
      The price-tag on this tester is $42,285 with destination. This surprised me considering how much stuff this vehicle is equipped with.
      So while I put some more miles on and grab some photos, drop off any questions you have for Lexus' smallest crossover.

View full article
    • By William Maley
      This week marks my first review vehicle for 2020 - the Lexus UX 200 F-Sport. This one comes equipped with such items as F-Sport exterior package, 18-inch wheels, Lexus Enform with Apple CarPlay  compatibility;  Wi-Fi connectivity, and a 10-way power driver's seat. Options on this vehicle include blind spot monitoring, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, heads-up display, navigation, and a windhield de-icer - the last one being quite important as we had an ice storm roll through last night.
      Power comes from a 2.0L DOHC four-cylinder with 169 horsepower. This is likely the same engine I had in my 2019 Toyota Corolla SE hatchback I reviewed last month. This is paired with a CVT and front-wheel drive. Disappointingly, Lexus isn't offering all-wheel drive on the UX 200. To get that, you need to climb up the UX 250h. 
      For the day and a half I had the UX, I found to be quite nippy around town. Though on the freeway, the engine becomes quite buzzy and you do need to step on it to get some forward momentum. It is also surprising how maneuverable the vehicle is. I was able to snatch a narrow parking space at a popular restaurant with no issue.
      The price-tag on this tester is $42,285 with destination. This surprised me considering how much stuff this vehicle is equipped with.
      So while I put some more miles on and grab some photos, drop off any questions you have for Lexus' smallest crossover.

• By Drew Dowdell
      FCA US LLC Sales Summary Q4 2019

Model

Q4 Sales

Vol %

CYTD Sales

Vol %

Curr Yr            Pr Yr           Change

Curr Yr            Pr Yr        Change

Compass Patriot Wrangler Gladiator Cherokee

Grand Cherokee

Renegade

JEEP BRAND

33,263               38,493                -14%

6                      22                   -73%

52,012               49,081                  6%

16,663                   0                    New

42,048               59,694                -30%

57,929               58,255                 -1%

19,615               21,488                 -9%

221,536        227,033             -2%

143,934             171,167            -16%

27                    621               -96%

228,032             240,032             -5%

40,047                   0                 New

191,397             239,437            -20%

242,969             224,908              8%

76,885               97,062             -21%

923,291        973,227          -5%

Ram P/U ProMaster Van ProMaster City

RAM BRAND

172,579             161,397                 7%

15,108               15,009                  1%

2,968                 4,301                 -31%

190,655        180,707              6%

633,694             536,980             18%

56,409               46,600              21%

12,920               13,788              -6%

703,023        597,368         18%

Town & Country

Pacifica

CHRYSLER BRAND

3                      43                   -93%

5,520                12,038                -54%

1                      0

27,481               26,727                  3%

33,005           38,808             -15%

48                   1,043             -95%

29,213               46,593             -37%

5                      6                -17%

97,705              118,322            -17%

126,971        165,964        -23%

Dart Avenger Charger Challenger Viper Journey Caravan Durango

DODGE  BRAND

2                      10                   -80%

0                      0                    100%

25,829               20,918                 23%

14,298               14,403                 -1%

0                      4                   -100%

12,290               16,863                -27%

23,245               30,992                -25%

14,977               16,406                 -9%

90,641           99,596              -9%

15                    389               -96%

1                      4                -75%

96,935               80,226              21%

60,997               66,716              -9%

5                      19               -74%

74,686               94,096             -21%

122,648             151,927            -19%

67,599               65,947               3%

422,886        459,324          -8%

500L

500X Spider

FIAT BRAND

699                  1,653                 -58%

166                   182                   -9%

442                  1,002                 -56%

430                   600                  -28%

1,737             3,437              -49%

3,267                5,370              -39%

771                  1,413             -45%

2,518                5,223              -52%

2,644                3,515              -25%

9,200            15,521         -41%

Giulia Alfa 4C Stelvio

ALFA ROMEO

2,328                 2,586                 -10%

17                     55                   -69%

2,600                 2,999                 -13%

4,945             5,640              -12%

8,704                11,519             -24%

144                   238               -39%

9,444                12,043             -22%

18,292           23,800         -23%

FCA US LLC

542,519        555,221             -2%

2,203,663     2,235,204       -1%

• Recent Status Updates

• dfelt  »  A Horse With No Name

Welcome back, so happy to see you back. You were missed!  
      · 0 replies
    • Robert Hall

Reality is complex
      · 1 reply
    • ocnblu

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
      · 0 replies
    • trinacriabob  »  balthazar

It's not possible to message you.  At least, it wasn't possible to do that last summer.  So I'll post it here.  I had a crazy layover back in June at PHL ... for about 8 hours ... and wondered how far into NJ you were from Philly.  What I did is get the PHLash day pass and did the self-guided tour of Center City before heading back to the airport.  I stayed too close to the center because of time. I actually wasted time by going into South Philly.  I wanted to venture out onto the Main Line and see Villanova.  That rail line was included on the pass I bought.  I had to manage my time because of the late afternoon flight to the Coast.  Cheers.
      · 1 reply
    • Drew Dowdell

Merry Christmas!
      · 1 reply
  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook