William Maley

Shanghai Auto Show: Buick Verano

The big star for Buick at the Shanghai Motor Show was the second-generation Verano.

Buick's compact sedan borrows a number of design ideas from Avenir and Rivera concept cars with a larger grille, new headlights, a double-swept beltline, and steeply raked front and rear windshields. A set of 17-inch wheels finish off the Verano.

Power comes from a turbocharged 1.5L EcoTec four-cylinder 166 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. This is paired with a new seven-speed dual-clutch automatic.

How much of this comes to the North-American spec Verano remains a mystery at this time.

Source: Buick

Image Credit: Newspress

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

Darn it, I wanted to like this.

• Upvote 1

Looks very Asian, the rear looks like a last generation Sonata.  Doesn't really look like a Buick, just a mish-mash of Honda and Hyundai.  Is that the American market car too?

Looks very Asian, the rear looks like a last generation Sonata.  Doesn't really look like a Buick, just a mish-mash of Honda and Hyundai.  Is that the American market car too?

I would expect some changes, but I think this is a good indication of whats coming.

Unexciting to look at, like a baby brother to the boring new Acura TLX.  They must like conservative styling in China.

Take a good look at it guys....in some ways, you are looking at the new chevy Cruze. It's not bad, but why does everything have to look like the Sonata?

It's like an overpowering oval theme with tiny wheels and an incomplete Sweepspear situation.  Lack of eyebrows over taillamps lends it a generic Asian look.

Some cars are nice, but just nice. This is one of them. It seems to look much better in darker colours...

Edited by ZL-1
  • Upvote 1

It's like an overpowering oval theme with tiny wheels and an incomplete Sweepspear situation.  Lack of eyebrows over taillamps lends it a generic Asian look.

You mean Sonata-ish.....

Darn it, I wanted to like this.

me too.  very chinese, very hyundai.  Very dongfeng

Might as well make our American icon Buick Chinese now.  China will become the world currency and they will own us in the future anyways.  They might as well take our car style away also.

If I think about it, I can list ways that GM has hurt, compromised, and whored the very bedrock brand of the company in recent years.  And it sickens me.

very non Avenir.......

don't forget the upcoming Envision, Buick has really gone down bland boulevard by trying to blend in with cues of other makes....

buick-envision-china-1.jpg?97ba00

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook