Transit low roof - wicked!

ocnblu

I have a confession to make.  I just went to Ford's Transit Build & Price site, and "built" myself a Transit low roof van and wagon.  I have a perverse attraction to them.  The geometric body lines draw me in!  They look like they are "chopped" from the factory.  New and different!  Easily the coolest of the new wave of fullsize vans, from the brand I would trust over any of the other Euro-style vans.  Has anyone else noticed these, or am I really that weird?

I like the Transit Connect, I think those look cool for a small van, and look better than these little crossovers like the Escape that have less cargo space and cost more.  The big Transit, looks a little too tall in the high roof, and on the low roof it does have a bit of a chopped low look.   I like the looks of the Connect better.  Overall though, I think Ford has  a much better line of commercial vans than Ram, and especially Chevy since the Savana goes back to 1995.

I have a confession to make.  I just went to Ford's Transit Build & Price site, and "built" myself a Transit low roof van and wagon.  I have a perverse attraction to them.  The geometric body lines draw me in!  They look like they are "chopped" from the factory.  New and different!  Easily the coolest of the new wave of fullsize vans, from the brand I would trust over any of the other Euro-style vans.  Has anyone else noticed these, or am I really that weird?

..... really?  you're all of 3 months into a new truck and you're starting this already!?   :stupid:  :dizzy:

DUUUUDE, I have no use for a fullsize van, I will never actually buy one.  I just like 'em.  LOVE my Colly!  Need some aggressive tires on it though, so I can crawl over Buick Encores I find in parking lots.  :smilewide:

I wonder if the Transit is fast with the Ecoboost, it has 400 lb-ft of torque.  Motortrend I saw had one 0-60 in 7.6 seconds, but it looked like a higher roof with seats and stuff.  Get the low roof cargo van and I bet it would be a lot lighter, it might be pretty fast.

• 3 weeks later...

True Mr. Nakidd.  It has recently been suggested to me by a family member that I quit my job, buy a passenger van, and go to work "hauling Amish".  :huh:

Edited by ocnblu