New transfer from MT Forums

Life been good to me so far, car-wise. Course, when I started posting waaaaay back in the days of the AWCC my whip was a '92 Buick Century with no A/C and a '98 Ford Contour whose A-arm front suspension was the only redeeming feature on the whole car.

Life been good to me so far, car-wise. Course, when I started posting waaaaay back in the days of the AWCC my whip was a '92 Buick Century with no A/C and a '98 Ford Contour whose A-arm front suspension was the only redeeming feature on the whole car.

I liked my '98 Contour okay, mostly because right after I bought it I heard nothing but horror stories from people about Contours, but mine ran perfectly well (I bought it in '03).  It finally had to go in '09 after some major repair work to the...well, to everything in the near vicinity of my wheels.  Tie rods, bearings, and I don't remember what all else.  Rather than wait for the next thing to go wrong I traded it for my current Civic.  Still, for those 6 years it performed admirably.  It wasn't anything special, I'll grant you that, but I had no complaints, either.  I did still very much miss my old '82 Mercury Cougar Wagon, though it had been dead and departed for a few years by then.  I believed that thing to be an unkillable tank of a car until it got totalled.

I bent a valve in mine immediately after sinking 650 bucks into the emissions system.

Yeah, I can see how that might sour you on it.  Like I said, I heard a lot of horror stories from friends and family on them (after I bought mine, of course, not before), so I'm not surprised you had troubles.  I guess I was just one of the lucky few who ended up with a decent one.  I'm sure someday when I'm old and grey I'll be able to afford something sportier, until then my much more realistic dream for my next car is a Mazda 3 hatchback.  It'll be a few years before I can afford to worry about that, though.

Glad we got that out of the way really clearly, I believe everyone who came from MT has mentioned atleast once why we left, and for me and El K and Olds especially, it's singed into our forehead why we left.

I'm just impressed that since moving over here there has not been a single thread on the level of what Wings and company have been filling MT up with, and also none of the trolling, flaming, and brand bashing that MT was such a hotbed for.  I mean, yes, people, including myself, may mention they don't like a brand, but they aren't going out of their way to try and tell everyone the brand is awful, they just allow people to have different opinions.  It is really refreshing, seeing adult conversation taking place.  Even Casa, though he may still be a little extreme in some of his views, is a much calmer and more concise poster (no offense, Casa, but I think you know that you got right in there with the rest of them on a lot of the over the top arguing over there).  It shows pretty clearly that some people were very true in their statements that they were playing to the audience that they had, and not necessarily posting the way they would have preferred.

all Good. I'll be the first to admit I earned my reputation.. but most of what earned it for me occurred before I returned to MTForum. If U or anyone takes the time.. U'll see that I was, in many cases, egged on by a few dickheads who seemingly were trying to bait me into an argument that would get me banned again. During the time I was away from MT posting at GMI or CF.. I calmed down and returned to just loving cars.. and only correcting idiot commentary made by fanboyish fools that lacked logic or reason. Wings??? At CF.. I dunked that fool's head in the toilet daily.. but he kept coming up for air. I like that personally. I like a mofo who can take an asswhipping and still be ready for more an hour later. Some of the posters at MT.. and now here.. one in particular.. drives a Charger... would bait me so much I thought he was my girlfriend and he was gonna tell me he was pregnant soon. Then they would go cry to the mods to "look what Casa said.." People like that are straight BITCHES.

either way.. f@#k the clowns.. lets talk about CARS. What'cha selling???

Would you believe that he's an Admin in one of the spinoff FB groups? LOL

(And a terrible one at that)