Jump to content
Susimi

Le Mans 24Hr 2015

Recommended Posts

There have been talks of Ferrari entering a prototype car for a few years now.

 

Either they have been entering it in the parrallel universe Le Mans race, or the project was scrapped, still in development, or is still in talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its finally here.

Im about to erase some recorded stuff on my DVR so I could make room for this 24 hour race.

I have an older DVR so unfortunately...some things may have to go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I just realized that Canadian TV services SUCKS REAL BAD!!!

NO!!!! they dont SUCK.....WORDS CANT DESCRIBE WHAT PIECES OF SHYTES THEY REALLY ARE!!!

 

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

 

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

 

 

 

Speed Channel became FOX SPORTS 1, or something like that...

Well...none of the major Canadian TV satellite providers offer FOX Sports 1...

 

That is awright because last year, the race was broadcast on a channel that SHAW direct offered us...

 

This year, the dumb, arrogant, greedy, money grabbing whores that is Canadian TV.....dont offer ANYTHING for us to watch the race...

 

 

Every year...I recorded the race and watched it at my own pace...

*SIGH*

 

I hate the CRTC

I hate the monopoly that is Canadian TV services!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK tv is not that far off on the horrible scale. Granted we get Eurosport for free but that's about it as far as sports channels go. The Formula 1 broadcasts used to air on the BBC or ITV (both are basic channels) but now they broadcast about 75% of the season on a channel that you need a subscription for. The other 25% of races are shown on the BBC.

 

There was a sort of "freelance" channel that broadcast all the Nascar races a couple years ago that were all free to watch but the next year they turned it into a pay-per-view service. Was really quite dissapointed :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK tv is not that far off on the horrible scale. Granted we get Eurosport for free but that's about it as far as sports channels go. The Formula 1 broadcasts used to air on the BBC or ITV (both are basic channels) but now they broadcast about 75% of the season on a channel that you need a subscription for. The other 25% of races are shown on the BBC.

 

There was a sort of "freelance" channel that broadcast all the Nascar races a couple years ago that were all free to watch but the next year they turned it into a pay-per-view service. Was really quite dissapointed :(

I think its the British Commonweath way of doing business...and its rubbish...good for the toilet :toiler:

Edited by oldshurst442

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I'm pretty pissed myself. The start was on this morning ~9-1145 and then nothing till 7 tonight?!? But I think it's covered from then till the finish. Wtf? How is there no coverage from 12-7?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the Aston art car has retired and the Larbre competition Corvette too. :( Really disapoiting as I was hoping the art car would at least get a podium finish. The Corvette retiring was somewhat suprising as usually it takes a tank to stop them from finishing. My hopes rest on the remaining Corvette and the Astons to prevent a Ferrari win in the GT classes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With under an hour to go two Porsches are leading the LMP1 class and the remaining Corvette is leading the top GT class. In the second GT class one of the Astons was leading but he has just, not 5 minutes ago, crashed into the tire barrier at the last chicane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, another Le Mans is over with. I really enjoyed it this year and enjoyed the battle between the Audi's & Porches much early on in the race, but I'm a bit disapointed the Toyota's or Nissan's were not competitive. Roll on 2016!

 

What did you guys think of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations to Porsche and Chevrolet on their wins. Good to see the Corvette C7.R take the big one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pleased with the Corvette win too. They were going into it as sort of the underdogs after the other one crashed during practice.

 

After the checkered flag dropped they showed a shot of the lone Corvette crossing the line, and I don't know why but it was quite moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely disappointed in the saturday coverage. I think I wanted a whole hour and a half of it. 10ish-1145. Then it wasn't on until 7 and I wasn't home then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that sucks. Did they show coverage of the finish at least?

 

Broadcasters really need to show more of this race. It's a great event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man that sucks. Did they show coverage of the finish at least?

 

Broadcasters really need to show more of this race. It's a great event.

They did but I wasn't up for it..

 

I was super disappointed once I saw nothing was on from noon till 7 on saturday. Why cover it over night but not during the day?  Of course it will be hard to get good ratings at those times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was happy that Porsche won. And in a manner that was the opposite of what everyone expected. The Audis were actually faster in the race, but had mechanical issues. The Porsches- two of them, anyway- were bulletproof. Bravo to them.

 

Shame to see Aston lose both class wins that they had a virtual lock on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really shocked to see the lead Aston just got head first into the wall with something like 45 minutes of the race remaining. It was like it lost complete control.

 

The Audi reliability issues were a sort of sods law thing I thought. Audi are known for reliability and they ended up having all sorts of problems during this one.

 

As they say, Le Mans is a cruel mistress sometimes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...