Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Do you typically keep the two with longer hair and the rest with shorter hair? 

Pictures taken at different points in time...I let their hair grow long in the winter, keep them short in the summer... they both have short hair in the bottom most photo (the two on the left).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

10 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Pictures taken at different points in time...I let their hair grow long in the winter, keep them short in the summer... they both have short hair in the bottom most photo (the two on the left).

Oh Okay. I just thought you had that many pups! lol

We let ours get a little longer in the winter but in general, short hair for a yorkie. 

18 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh Okay. I just thought you had that many pups! lol

We let ours get a little longer in the winter but in general, short hair for a yorkie. 

Yeah, the Yorkie girls hair doesn't grow too fast, but the boys hair grows really fast.  All the dogs had grooming in May, a couple of the Yorkie boys need hair cuts again. 

23 minutes ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

Yeah, the Yorkie girls hair doesn't grow too fast, but the boys hair grows really fast.  All the dogs had grooming in May, a couple of the Yorkie boys need hair cuts again. 

Ours needs her nails cut more than her hair trimmed. Te GF does hair for a living so she typically can trim her hair well enough but we're scared to do her nails and accidentally cut them too short. 

17 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Ours needs her nails cut more than her hair trimmed. Te GF does hair for a living so she typically can trim her hair well enough but we're scared to do her nails and accidentally cut them too short. 

The littles are like that..the two 6lb girls (Ginny and Penny) have nails that grow fast... and the golden boy (Henry, 10lbs) in the background is getting his hair cut today, grows fast.

IMG_0141.jpg

• Like 1

The deer on the college campus I go to are nuts. They have no fear and know nobody will screw with them. I've seen them right in the middle of campus just munching on grass probably only 100ft or so away from a building. I've almost hit dozes of them next to the road. It's crazy, their population and carelessness on campus. 

Deer are in my yard, either front or rear (or both) EVERY DAY. A month ago I walked around into the backyard and froze, and wacthed a fawn who was 100 feet away slowly wander up to only 8 feet from me.

I've eaten some MIGHTY tasty fresh venison jerky... and that sums up my sentiment on this topic neatly. ;)

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

The littles are like that..the two 6lb girls (Ginny and Penny) have nails that grow fast... and the golden boy (Henry, 10lbs) in the background is getting his hair cut today, grows fast.

..and Henry is back from the groomers...he doesn't like to show his face for the camera.   Looks great w/ a short haircut.

unnamed-11.jpg

5 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Fresh meat for the BBQ, lean. :P 

Nah, I couldn't eat Bambi...they stroll through my front and backyard, eat the bird seed in the bird feeders and the critter crunch I put out for the squirrels and chipmunks.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Talk about a sexy Porsche Concept. I like this very much. Anyone got an extra million or so to buy it?

https://www.goodingco.com/vehicle/1966-porsche-911-spyder/

image.png

WOW, talk about gross stuff in Detroit. Ooz coming up out of the ground. Wonder what it is and what the results will be?

COOL Story of going 300mph on water, sadly it ended in a crash and death of the driver, but WOW. 

The Story here is that the daughter gave the rights to the boat to a museum that raised it up off the lake bottom and is restoring it.

https://jalopnik.com/infamous-bluebird-jet-engined-speedboat-is-back-after-s-1828134184

ajikzco7hpozxa2yetnw.jpg

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Cubical-aka-Moltar said:

An artist & motorsports friend of mine in Arizona did this neat painting of Campbell's Bluebird.

https://fineartamerica.com/featured/-full-power--arthur-benjamins.html

That rocks :metal:  Thanks for sharing.

Anyone ever eat Veroni? Italian type of Salami looks and sounds yummy. Italian traditional cured meats at a much higher quality level than traditional cheap versions.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/veroni-italian-food-company-ham-prosciutto-mortadella-new-jersey-plant-20180807.html

image.png

57 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

OH MAN... it seems there was a short time today during which the 2019 Ford Ranger configurator site was active... by mistake.  This presents a conundrum.

Why did you not grab some screen shots Skeeter?

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Well, another car site grabbed plenty and posted them.  I never actually got to see the real thing.  :(

Ford is saying it should be officially up and operational next week.

Arghhhhhhh, will have to see who got it.

https://jalopnik.com/the-2019-ford-ranger-starts-at-24-000-but-configure-yo-1828164523

Based on the Story, seems to hit $50,000 for a fully loaded FX4 version. WOW 😮 

image.png

Found the original source, Off-road.com has plenty of screen grabs.

https://www.off-road.com/blog/2018/08/07/2019-ford-ranger-details-on-pricing-options/

Here is just one of the many levels.

image.png

17 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I never closed the tab yesterday so it's still active for me lol 

Yeah, that's absurd. 

Share the link here, I am curious to see if it will pull up for me.

Thank you

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Thanks for posting, tried it hoping like you it would work and it dumped me into a Fiesta.

:roflmao: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:30 PM, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 6.51.11 AM.png

Looks like the faceplate for the boiler tubes for a steam engine. 

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 4:26 PM, ocnblu said:

Ordered this as a kit from over at the Home Depot website.  Stained it last wknd and put it together this wknd.

100_2607.JPG

But you live in Amish country... there is good homemade furniture everywhere!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I just can't get into the Ranger because of its interior.  It's a 2012 Fusion inside.

2019-Ford-Ranger-interior.jpg

The Colorado/Canyon feel just as outdated but they have it worse with some pretty terrible seats for taller folks like me.

That is supposed to be the interior for a all new $50,000 fully loaded FX4 Ranger? 😕

PASS

25 minutes ago, dfelt said:

That is supposed to be the interior for a all new $50,000 fully loaded FX4 Ranger? 😕

PASS

Well, it is the latest version of an Australian pickup dating to 2011... price is about $20k too high for a midsize, it seems.  Hard to wrap my head around the idea of a $50k midsize 4x4 4cyl pickup. 

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1