Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I learned that I need to value each day uniquely....you only have so many. time flies...I am 53...will turn 54 in September. 

This is called Mid-Life Crisis, Buy yourself something special that you desire as you only have about 47 more years to live based on medical of more and more living to 100. :P 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dfelt said:

This is called Mid-Life Crisis, Buy yourself something special that you desire as you only have about 47 more years to live based on medical of more and more living to 100. :P 

100 sounds scary.   I'm 48 now, so I hope to have at least 30 more years (my Dad passed at 78).    I need to get in better shape, lose weight, eat better...

8 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

100 sounds scary.   I'm 48 now, so I hope to have at least 30 more years (my Dad passed at 78).    I need to get in better shape, lose weight, eat better...

This....if I live to 78 or 80 I will be happy. 

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This....if I live to 78 or 80 I will be happy. 

I made some serious changes including daily working out last year as at 51 I thought about all my grandparents who lived into their late 90's, some physically well and some not so. I want to live life to the fullest so that means a nice Cadillac or other luxury activity auto to drive and my being physically fit.

Working out means I get to eat bigger variety and drink what I want all in moderation.

Rock it! my friends and live a full life.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I made some serious changes including daily working out last year as at 51 I thought about all my grandparents who lived into their late 90's, some physically well and some not so. I want to live life to the fullest so that means a nice Cadillac or other luxury activity auto to drive and my being physically fit.

Working out means I get to eat bigger variety and drink what I want all in moderation.

Rock it! my friends and live a full life.

I usually walk about 5 or 6 miles a day.  100 is a good number for living or driving fast. With luck...I can drive 100 when I am 100.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

45 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sick- feel like shit. Going to lay low the next few days.

Really low.

Get well, the crud and flu are going around. Take care my friend and get strong again!

On 1/19/2019 at 2:56 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

wow, and here I thought somebody would find it interesting about the old quote of "you can have a model t in any color as long as it's black".  Way to fixate on the 10% of the video that was not about the trivia.

That and folks are being a little sensitive over it just because its about Henry Ford. Yes, Ford deserves are the credit in the world for helping bring the automobileto the masses. He also deserves the blame for being an anti-Semite. Those are just facts and nothing to get all too sensitive over.  

15 hours ago, balthazar said:

Sick- feel like shit. Going to lay low the next few days.

Really low.

If you look anything like your avatar I can see why.

2 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

That and folks are being a little sensitive over it just because its about Henry Ford. Yes, Ford deserves are the credit in the world for helping bring the automobileto the masses. He also deserves the blame for being an anti-Semite. Those are just facts and nothing to get all too sensitive over.  

And he did a lot of good things as well.

Antisemitism is really scary. I am politically VERY critical of Israel...but I also realize Jewish people have been subject to thousands of years of  antisemitism.

14 hours ago, dfelt said:

Get well, the crud and flu are going around. Take care my friend and get strong again!

Agree...godspeed and get well my friend.

• Like 1

Head of FoMoCo, Farley Granger or whatever, has CONFIRMED a pickup truck smaller than Ranger is coming to America!  This is GREAT NEWS!  🙆‍♂️  FORD COURIER FTW!!!

Edited by ocnblu
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

Everybody was an anti-Semite then.  Including us in North America. All of us including those in power that controlled the fate of everybody in Europe. The Brits and the French. 

The Brits and the French knew what Hitler was doing before Sept. 1 1939. 

In fact, Hitler annexed Austria and the Brits and the French did nothing.  March 12th, 1938.

Lets talk about the anti-semitism.

On November the 9th, 1938 for 24 hours,  Germans, yes lets call them Nazis so we Westerners feel better about ourselves and as to not insult Germans either because Nazis were only a subset of Germans because Hitler did not win an election unanimously in 1933, well, they burned down synagogues, vandalized anything relating  to Jewish peoples such as Jewish homes, Jewish business, Jewish schools  and killed close to 100 Jewish peoples. This night was called Kristallnacht.  And what did the Brits and the French do?

NOTHING! 

What did WE do? 

Well, Time Life Man of the year in 1938 was one Adolf Hitler.

Let it be known that Stalin was also killing Jewish people in Soviet Russia before Sept 1, 1939.  What did the Brits and French do? 

NOTHING! 

What did we do?

In 1939, Time Life Man of the year was another fine gentleman named Joseph Stalin. 

If those asshats Brits wanna harp on Henry Ford for being an anti-semite, they should also harp on their political leaders KNOWING allowing Hitler to kill Jews and do nothing because they were "too afraid" to make war again. 

Yet they knew that war was coming regardless because they knew France and themselves started this whirlwind when the Treaty of Versaille was signed on the 28th of June 1919.  But they only put their foot down when Hitler attacked Poland on Sept 1, 1939 and THAT was too close to home, yet all the warning signs were there just a year prior, KNOWING that Hitler had killed Jews and was already sending them to concentration camps well before Sept. 1st 1939...

Its a little hypocritical to point the anti-semitic finger on Henry Ford when the European world was rot with anti-semitism. 

I could go on about how Jewish people wanted to flee Germany just about when Hitler was voted in but France and England REFUSED them...

But Ill just let Kristallnacht set into our thoughts and then Ill let the annexation of Austria settle in as well and how Austrian Jews were rounded up and put into Jewish Ghettos, and Ill let you decide if Henry Ford deserved to be dragged into a faslehood of dumb ass Brits talking casually about cars yet wanted to make it political and yet, these asshats are Brits, Neville Chamberlain was the one who could have really prevented anti-semitism to spread... but wanted to make a point about an American businessman being anti-semitic yet its in the Brits and the French and the Russian world that anti-semitism was created and flourished and spread around the world, including Henry Ford's world...but its in Britain and France that this started in... 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Head of FoMoCo, Farley Granger or whatever, has CONFIRMED a pickup truck smaller than Ranger is coming to America!  This is GREAT NEWS!  🙆‍♂️  FORD COURIER FTW!!!

I would rock one.

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

For the dreamers and well-off among us, Lincoln has presented their 2020 Aviator Build & Price site.  Have at it, rapscallions!

I would prefer a Grand Cherokee or perhaps something from Europe personally.

7 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

HOOOOO Doggie, how about that 2020 Sierra HD?

Nice...but I like both the RAM and F series better right now. 

Subject to change.

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

For the dreamers and well-off among us, Lincoln has presented their 2020 Aviator Build & Price site.  Have at it, rapscallions!

OUCH, that is just crazy expensive!

image.png

9 hours ago, dfelt said:

@A Horse With No Name @ocnblu

This is just sexy as Hell and I would take over Ford or Ram.

I wonder how high it is from the pavement to the top of the hood?  6 feet?  This thing looks so tall it needs a forward vision camera to see pedestrians, small cars, small buildings, etc in front of it...

From a design perspective, it is different than the Chevy, not sure if it's better or not...it's very busy.  And the grille surround seems disjointed.  Too many details. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I wonder how high it is from the pavement to the top of the hood?  6 feet?  This thing looks so tall it needs a forward vision camera to see pedestrians, small cars, small buildings, etc in front of it...

Hitting pedestrians, small cars, and small buildings is a feature not a fault in some circles....just sayin...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, balthazar said:

Still terrible. 101 fever Monday lesser fever Tuesday. Just out of it. Expect to stay home all week.

Sucks to get sick. Just starting to feel the creeping crud coming on...right before I drive another coach and 5 debaters to ST. Louis for a 3 day tournament.

Just had a talk with the wife...she is a very traditional and conservative type. And yet she strongly prefers getting another sport compact to a small SUV for the next car.

Kind of nice to be 53 married to a 52 year old...and not quite grown up.

15 hours ago, balthazar said:

Still terrible. 101 fever Monday lesser fever Tuesday. Just out of it. Expect to stay home all week.

🤒

I feel for you.  That is rough having high fever. You could literally not do anything. Even just tucked into bed is an energy sapping activity. 

Rest well. Eat well (if you can) and drink lots of liquids. Hope you get better soon! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Sucks to get sick. Just starting to feel the creeping crud coming on...right before I drive another coach and 5 debaters to ST. Louis for a 3 day tournament.

Just had a talk with the wife...she is a very traditional and conservative type. And yet she strongly prefers getting another sport compact to a small SUV for the next car.

Kind of nice to be 53 married to a 52 year old...and not quite grown up.

You're going to be in St Louis?? 

1 minute ago, ccap41 said:

You're going to be in St Louis?? 

Driving there at 1:30 today.

Webster University is holding a speech and debate tournament. We are competing. Should be there for three days.

I might be persuaded to buy liquid refreshment.  Or come meet our team. They are a lot of fun to be around.

36 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Driving there at 1:30 today.

Webster University is holding a speech and debate tournament. We are competing. Should be there for three days.

I might be persuaded to buy liquid refreshment.  Or come meet our team. They are a lot of fun to be around.

Oh damn, of course it would have to be this weekend! I'm leaving for Iowa for a niece's baptismal.

Not sure if you cared but the STL atuo show is this weekend as well. I'm not sure how close your local show is

1548103190_image_mmthumb.png

Just now, ccap41 said:

Oh damn, of course it would have to be this weekend! I'm leaving for Iowa for a niece's baptismal.

Not sure if you cared but the STL atuo show is this weekend as well. I'm not sure how close your local show is

I will be back in st Louis....and will provide cold beverages of your choice.

1547793520_image_mmthumb.jpeg

Speaking of a bunch of old guys arguing about cars... ocnblu spent 4 hours in the ER last night, after a 24 hour bout with spiked blood pressure and resting pulse rate.  Home today resting, starting on blood pressure medicine.  God I hate pills.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

Speaking of a bunch of old guys arguing about cars... ocnblu spent 4 hours in the ER last night, after a 24 hour bout with spiked blood pressure and resting pulse rate.  Home today resting, starting on blood pressure medicine.  God I hate pills.

I do also....and also take blood pressure meds. We are of that age...

Glad you are OK>.

• Thanks 1

:roflmao: Stephen King is just so funny with his Twitter play on his take of DC. Copied this off the Mashable web page.

Baby Don said, “I want to talk and pretend I’m a grownup!”
Mommy Nancy said, “No, Baby Don, you have been bad. You did a tantrum!”
Baby Don said, “WAAAH! I’ll get you, mean old Mommy Nancy!”
Said Mommy Nancy, “Well...you can try.”

Baby Don: "I'll show you! Just wait til my Vladdy gets home!"

• Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Be careful Blu, you and I might not agree on EVs, but I would miss you if you popped a fuel line and checked out way too early! Take care, hit the gym and get #SpartanStrong my friend! 🏋️‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Be careful Blu, you and I might not agree on EVs, but I would miss you if you popped a fuel line and checked out way too early! Take care, hit the gym and get #SpartanStrong my friend! 🏋️‍♂️

I would be happy if the fuel got where it was supposed to go...he seems to be running a couple of cylinders short....

As do I...coming down with what Balthy has or a similar variant. 

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Take it easy there old timer.

My wife too, has high blood pressure. Its been about 5 months she's been taking pills. 

Doctors think its hereditary.  She thinks its me. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Test posting of a new type of image file.  I know it works in Chrome. Tell me if you can see the picture in other browsers.2100px-Great_Lakes_from_space_during_early_spring.webp.png

Tested on latest version of Chrome, Firefox, IE, Edge and all see the lovely Great Lakes nice and Clear.