Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

21 hours ago, ykX said:

image.png.080dca15017ded11bb462e5be37f8826.png

Seems very well received by critics and the audience.

Planning to go with family next weekend.

I saw it and loved it.

For Drew...

On 11/18/2019 at 2:00 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

Well, after over 13 years with Direct Energy and surviving multiple rounds of layoffs, my 9 lives with the company appear to be up, the latest round of layoffs got me. I will be finishing out the year and then be on the hunt for a new position in January.

It still sucks, but I think you will come out much better in the next place you decide to go. Market for the most part is still solid, so I know you will find a new place quick, if not before the other place ends! I was bummed when I got laid off from my automotive job- but besides missing the cars, I find this one more fun.

Reminds me to update my resume-though I kinda shy from it. I updated my Monster account, and the calls just won’t stop..... 😮 

• Like 1

We'll not a fan of the 3 cylinder turbo motor, but like that AWD gets a real 9sp transmission. Should do well in China and will sell a few here as I know some folks that feel the Encore is too small but the Envision is too big. So this tweener should be just right.

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

2020 Buick Encore GX Sport Touring looks better in this video than in GM's publicity photos (no surprise!)

31 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I know some folks that feel the Encore is too small but the Envision is too big. So this tweener...

Impossible, they're only 3 inches apart. I assumed the GX will replace the Encore, but that's a curious way to go about it; just enlarge the next Encore.
This continual halving of vehicle segments is not sustainable.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, balthazar said:

That's fine if you are a multi-billionaire propping up a boutique insolvent car builder 😉 but major players are not going to be able to sustain that in a contraction market with an increasing number of players. We can joke about it, but at some point there's got to be a correction.

Agree that while it seems to have worked for the Europeans, Asians and Americans, not a sustainable model and we are already seeing the correction in the cancellation of models by the Germans.

• Agree 1

Starting under $20k for the base L FWD, and it comes with all the safety nannies ppl think they need.  I think it will be a mini powerhouse in the market.  The Activ trim tones down and butches up the front end.  And that Corvette color, Zeus Bronze, looks great on it.

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Hate the different color roof here.

Yes, others are doing it.  BUT, everyone, myself included, has been riding herd on GM for a lack of interesting colour schemes.  The Trailblazer RS and Activ both show that there is still someone working at GM's Art and Colour Section.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Yes, others are doing it.  BUT, everyone, myself included, has been riding herd on GM for a lack of interesting colour schemes.  The Trailblazer RS and Activ both show that there is still someone working at GM's Art and Colour Section.

Color is good...in a world of white, black and silver CUVs some other choices are good thing. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, balthazar said:

The body colors look good, and yes- there's a general lack of color in the industry for some reason... but the 2-tone coupled with the design leaves me flat. I am increasingly finding Chevy's designs too jumbled & busy &... assembled. I don't like this Trailblazer.

But this is a take back to the 50's so then how would you rate this auto against the ones then? I do get that most were white roofs with various body colors.

I do agree with you that Chevy has lost it in the style / design department, just chaotic mess of a look.

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

So I saw the release of the new Tesla Pickup and I’m wishing I hadn’t. Quite simply the most hideous looking thing I have ever seen with four wheels on it. Don’t even want to post a pic of it, it is that bad. Elon needs to back off the devils lettuce. 

Agree, while I love the movie references and am fans of the said movies, this is a truck and the fact that due to the wonky roof line the back seat folks have to sit below the vision line of the front seat folks, this will ONLY APPEAL to Hard Core Tesla Fans. The rest will go with Rivian, far better looking truck.

• Agree 1

I totally agree that Tesla's "cybertruck" is the ugliest modern day "truck" that will eventually be available.

It could be a Mad Max movie prop for the next sequel for sure, just needs the gun turret mounted in the back.

Rivian definitely takes the W with build and looks so far in the EV truck war, bigger bed is all the Tesla has over it.

The Tesla pricing is pretty competitive so far from what they're showing (we all know how the Model 3 pricing has gone) and it has to 'cause they ain't gonna sell it on looks! :yikes:

Pretty funny the Tesla presenters with Musk broke the glass in the reveal trying to show how "unbreakable" it is. :roflmao: 

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/22/tesla-cybertruck-vs-rivian-r1t-electric-pickup-comparison/

image.thumb.png.baffa6265672ac1fdc481b044b827a9a.png

Edited by USA-1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Tesla also has more range, payload, towing capacity, approach angle, more seats, and higher ground clearance.

Not just a bigger bed. 

Don't forget and UGLIEST. Wasn't going for the full comparison list, didn't really want or feel the need to. It's obviously larger, wider and taller, we all see that in the pics I posted.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:45 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

As do I.

What a moron. Would have been funny if it just collapsed in the center when they cut the top.

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Tesla also has more range, payload, towing capacity, approach angle, more seats, and higher ground clearance.

Not just a bigger bed. 

You can say anything you want when it is an unproven concept. NO ONE has seen this ugliest concept truck ever do anything motor mouth has spewed last night.

Hell GM could take a skate board platform, slap this GMC body on it and they would have a superior EV Truck.

Image result for GMC Concept Trucks

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, dfelt said:

You can say anything you want when it is an unproven concept. NO ONE has seen this ugliest concept truck ever do anything motor mouth has spewed last night.

Hell GM could take a skate board platform, slap this GMC body on it and they would have a superior EV Truck.

Yes, a GMC Terradyne Duramax with option for EV powertrain! A bit polarizing, but much better futuristic look if it were to ever be the EV truck GM comes out with.

Edited by USA-1

This GMC Denali XT Hybrid but in BEV form with the Avalanche midgate would be very doable.

How about that two tone @Drew Dowdell😀 R8 like side "blade door" look.

image.png.eeac6b02c0856ec8809f210e063fb4e5.pngimage.png.ebf9f6a0f020b97b1c7dc57ba699defb.png

Edited by USA-1

I'd still take this big burly SBC V8 sound in a truck any day over a nearly silent EV version. 💪🏻🇺🇸

Edited by USA-1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, dfelt said:

You mean... exactly like Rivian in which you are in full support of? 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

No electric motor will ever look this good.  No electric motor will ever elicit the kind of sustained emotional connection people have had with their vehicles.  This is automotive high art.  All hail!

76974190_148225326499182_7534916214070444032_n.jpg

Thank you for PROVING the point that some folks have no ability to appreciate all kinds of ART.

Limited thinking makes one wonder how you function in a Multi-Cultural society of exciting change. 

Clearly Change is not you.

Yes this is a lovely built ICE motor that elicits excitement. EV motors can do the same and have their own lovely sounds and designs. The Future is about change in ALL FORMS of Autos.

• Disagree 1

Having preference in aesthetics does NOT mean one is close-minded or resistant to change. Just as unilateral acceptance of every single new consumer product pitched does NOT mean one is a bobblehead with no ability to make a decision for themselves or evaluate their own needs/wants.

If change was an aspirational virtue, where are all the wife/husband of the month clubs at?

No, really; where they at? 😉

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1