Jump to content
TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Naaah.. I'm only immature when it comes to foreign cars and lovers of such 😎. The "U" comes from my luv of Prince music, and the way I speak in type is similar in flow to the way I would speak in casual conversation. This is no English class last I checked 

Cool..I love Prince.  Saw in Vegas years ago.   

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It isn't an English class but it is a communication skills test every time you type something. Or should I say, "Every time U type something".

I'm not perfect by any means but I've never jumped on the whole shortening as much as possible. It's annoying and looks lazy, in my opinion. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It isn't an English class but it is a communication skills test every time you type something. Or should I say, "Every time U type something".

I'm not perfect by any means but I've never jumped on the whole shortening as much as possible. It's annoying and looks lazy, in my opinion. 

Hey thanks.. As U kno.. Since days of MT Forum and B4 at Auto Week forum or GMI.. I have typed this way. So basically.. U can ignore my posts 4 whatever reason U might want. So.. Back 2 it then.. Oh.  B4 U do.. Please don't 4get... 2 kiss my.. Feet😉

Edited by Cmicasa the Great
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Yeah, your grammar is as good as your attitude. 

Being agreeable is highly over rated.

That being said, may the Eagles kick some Cowboy arse...same with the Colts....I wish the Colts well.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cmicasa the Great said:

Naaah.. I'm only immature when it comes to foreign cars and lovers of such 😎. The "U" comes from my luv of Prince music, and the way I speak in type is similar in flow to the way I would speak in casual conversation. This is no English class last I checked 

So ebonics at C&G! :P 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Being agreeable is highly over rated.

That being said, may the Eagles kick some Cowboy arse...same with the Colts....I wish the Colts well.

I hope you stub your toe some time this week and it lingers for a day or two.

I may try and go to Indy for the Cowboys/Colts game. It's about a 4 hour drive for me and I have some vacation time to take off yet.. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ccap41 said:

I hope you stub your toe some time this week and it lingers for a day or two.

I may try and go to Indy for the Cowboys/Colts game. It's about a 4 hour drive for me and I have some vacation time to take off yet.. 

If I didn't have family in town I would drive over and Join you.  Not even that big of an NFL fan....but it seems like it would be a fun game to watch. Lots of my friends here in Columbus are Colts fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a long time Browns fan, it's nice to actually see the Browns have something to cheer for again.  Still a Broncos fan from the decade+ I spent in Colorado, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, the broncos beat Pittsburgh with that interception so....

In other news, a sane discussion of the pros and cons of electric cars, something that we seem to lake here from time to time.

 

 

14 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

As a long time Browns fan, it's nice to actually see the Browns have something to cheer for again.  Still a Broncos fan from the decade+ I spent in Colorado, though. 

They are coming back, like a lot of other things in Ohio.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

If I didn't have family in town I would drive over and Join you.  Not even that big of an NFL fan....but it seems like it would be a fun game to watch. Lots of my friends here in Columbus are Colts fans.

That would have been pretty awesome! 

It should be a good game. The Colts have been playing very well as of late(minus the dud of a game against JAX).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh shit; exactly what I would do whenever I may move back to a car AT (After Trucks) - a vintage ride in good shape, OD trans, completely gone trhu mechanically, A/C, 27K original miles, 389 CI, CO car, clean as a whistle for a daily driver. Someone #GoFundMe :

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 7.14.14 PM.png

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ccap41 said:

It isn't an English class but it is a communication skills test every time you type something. Or should I say, "Every time U type something".

I'm not perfect by any means but I've never jumped on the whole shortening as much as possible. It's annoying and looks lazy, in my opinion. 

I've written way too many work memos that would have never flown if I had used shortcuts and colloquialisms so I tend not to write that way.  I probably don't speak that way, either, but, every now and then, it's cathartic to be crude and crass.   It's also a good idea to put forth another persona if you choose to ride public transit, which can be eye opening and entertaining.  I recommend some of those YouTubes featuring altercations on public transit ... highly politically incorrect, too.

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Oh $h!; exactly what I would do whenever I may move back to a car AT (After Trucks) - a vintage ride in good shape, OD trans, completely gone trhu mechanically, A/C, 27K original miles, 389 CI, CO car, clean as a whistle for a daily driver. Someone #GoFundMe :

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 7.14.14 PM.png

Colorado plates point to a dry cold, hence no rust that I can see.  Nice sled.  The big downside can be that it might have front drum brakes, which just don't shed the water that well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

In other news, a sane discussion of the pros and cons of electric cars, something that we seem to lake here from time to time.

 

Thanks for Posting it @A Horse With No Name

This is an outstanding 6 month review by this guy and he clearly hits on many of the points we debate here about EV or ICE, Range anxiety, etc.

Have to say he makes some very valid points for EV ownership and also why you would not want it.

Reality, EVs are expensive yet he also points out the price is the same 7 years later but double the performance, battery range, etc. Especially compared to a maxed out base Honda civic priced the same the Leaf is far more fun to drive and better feature functions over the civic.

Have to say, I think this is a very balanced and decent review.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Colorado plates point to a dry cold, hence no rust that I can see.  Nice sled.  The big downside can be that it might have front drum brakes, which just don't shed the water that well.

Definitely has 4 wheel drums, but I drove this same model car for 25,000 miles as a daily with the (manual) drums, and I hammered on that car hard- no problems with the brakes. Not Buick-level drums, but pretty good/never an issue. No one who hasn't driven such a car will agree with that, of course- only discs could possibly stop a car.  Or so I'm told. I have a set of Pontiac aluminum drums that would fit this, too.

dsc02689.jpg

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Definitely has 4 wheel drums, but I drove this same model car for 25,000 miles as a daily with the (manual) drums, and I hammered on that car hard- no problems with the brakes. Not Buick-level drums, but pretty good/never an issue. No one who hasn't driven such a car will agree with that, of course- only discs could possibly stop a car.  Or so I'm told. I have a set of Pontiac aluminum drums that would fit this, too.

dsc02689.jpg

Totally agree with you, GM made some awesome drum brakes on their massive size cars in the 60's and 70's. Driving the big Olds 98 station wagons and slamming on the brakes always had a confidence that I would stop. Try driving fast on an Asian auto from that time and slamming on the brakes and sliding away you go.

Sexy as hell! :metal:

See the source image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 6:16 PM, ocnblu said:

If I try my damnedest to be fair, the Chevy Impala went out of production in 1985, returned for 1994-1996, left, only to reappear again in 2004.  It is a real shame about the latest model though, as it is a real beauty... even convincing the (guilty as sin of hating on domestics) "Consumer Reports" magazine to name it as best in class.

Yeah, I am going to miss the Impy...It has hands down my favorite designs-simple and classy. And nice to ride in too....

Sad because this will be the last time we will see the impy or the Taurus  and cars slowly fade....

That being said-do I risk getting my first new car in 14 years before the $h! hits the fan?  I have been preparing, But I am still not sure just how bad the damage will be this time. While my job is steady, still makes me wonder......

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Yeah, I am going to miss the Impy...It has hands down my favorite designs-simple and classy. And nice to ride in too....

Sad because this will be the last time we will see the impy or the Taurus  and cars slowly fade....

That being said-do I risk getting my first new car in 14 years before the $h! hits the fan?  I have been preparing, But I am still not sure just how bad the damage will be this time. While my job is steady, still makes me wonder......

Maybe you can get the Taurus of the future from Total Recall

See the source image

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OT1trSx.jpg
Just now, balthazar said:

How much 'Satan' was put in the 101-HP base car?

Apparently enough that its progeny have issues leaving car shows.

A1KElR2.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 2.54.39 PM.png

Ohhh heck yes.

Feeling better as an enthusiast actually than I have felt in maybe years.  And God what I would not give for a 49-50 Mercury

Image result for 50's shoebox ford

I always thought the Ford Variant of that was under rated. Also...I think early 50's cars are under rated by enthusiasts.  I would not ahve enjoyed Polio or the Cold war...but from an automotive standpoint....Wish I had been growing up an enthusiast in the 50's in some ways.

10 hours ago, dfelt said:

Maybe you can get the Taurus of the future from Total Recall

See the source image

Proof that the Vega and Pinto interbred with anteaters.

Edited by A Horse With No Name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×