TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

On 12/7/2018 at 4:21 PM, balthazar said:

Mustang's were under-braked to begin with, then the Cougar packed another 500 lbs on the same brakes. 10 x 1.75-in : puny.
'59 Buick : 12 x 2.5-in.

EDIT : found a '67 Merc Cougar road test, said the 4 wheel drum 289 Cat did 60-0 in 143' and the 390 CI Cat did so in 158'.  143' isn't terrible, but nearly 160 is not great.

Cougars were fine looking cars in that era though.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, dfelt said:

How about embracing change and the future rather than trying to live in the past?

Oops, forgot your Amish!

I did not forget my Amish.  They are all around me.  I was dodging road apples this afternoon, in fact.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

I did not forget my Amish.  They are all around me.  I was dodging road apples this afternoon, in fact.

Nothing at all wrong with being Amish if you were. Hard working people who are mostly honest and mind thier own buisiness.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

So that Pontiac is about as fast as a Golf R or WRX STI...since the Beetle R has the GTI drivedrain...I've seen similar dead stock Beetle R pull about 14.8 at the track...vintage Ferrari about as fast as modern Beetle R.

I see an '18 WRX STi tested at 14.1 @ 98. 98 MPH 'should' equate to a 13.9, but that's a turbo for you- implies lag.
The Pontiac at 106 MPH 'should' be at 12.8 - traction issues easily fixed with better tires. :D
A second in the quarter is 10 car lengths at these levels- not really 'about as fast'.

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

I see an '18 WRX STi tested at 14.1 @ 98. 98 MPH 'should' equate to a 13.9, but that's a turbo for you- implies lag.
The Pontiac at 106 MPH 'should' be at 12.8 - traction issues easily fixed with better tires. :D
A second in the quarter is 10 car lengths at these levels- not really 'about as fast'.

14 vs 13.8...about. If you get better tires I get a computer reflash...mod to mod vs stock to stock....

• Like 1

touche'. Still; seems to me the STi is performing at it's 99th %, whereas the 2+2 is clearly capable of more as is. Tell you what, let's switch tires between the two (STi: 245/40-18s) and play the averages. >:)
- - - - -
Going to rehash this personal issue, as new info came to me tonight. The address numbers I've lived at :

I dunno; the statistical odds of that many double 1's (and the single
'1' of '13', which is 1+1 from the number 11), seems incredibly unlikely. I'm sure it means nothing.

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, balthazar said:

touche'. Still; seems to me the STi is performing at it's 99th %, whereas the 2+2 is clearly capable of more as is. Tell you what, let's switch tires between the two (STi: 245/40-18s) and play the averages. >:)
- - - - -
Going to rehash this personal issue, as new info came to me tonight. The address numbers I've lived at :

I dunno; the statistical odds of that many double 1's (and the single
'1' of '13', which is 1+1 from the number 11), seems incredibly unlikely. I'm sure it means nothing.

7's in any numbers are considered very lucky by Asian standards.

9 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Seems pretty darn brilliant to me:  The Honda Passport just debuted at the auto show, and it is in production already!  Way to strike while the iron's hot.  GM could learn so much from this approach.  Seems like the Blazer was shown 5 years ago.  Now Chevy is going to need to rev up the media frenzy AGAIN, closer to actual availability of the product.

Good news that it is out early next year....

Had to be soccer mom approved.. 😉 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook