Random Thoughts Thread

I'm having a hard time staying in here, the site constantly directs me to a page stating that my "email address is no longer accepting mail.  Please enter a new email address to continue."  Then it asks me if I'm a robot.

I also think there's something wrong with my mouse, it wants to double click when I single click.  Could they be related?

This took me like 10 tries to post.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I'm having a hard time staying in here, the site constantly directs me to a page stating that my "email address is no longer accepting mail.  Please enter a new email address to continue."  Then it asks me if I'm a robot.

I also think there's something wrong with my mouse, it wants to double click when I single click.  Could they be related?

Reminds me of the song Mr Roboto by Styx...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I had a double-click problem with my trackball.  Replaced it and it solved all my problems.  You can do that or try to repair it yourself.  I recommend replacement.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, ccap41 said:

The only downside would be runtime with electric vs gas when it comes to doing what sounds like quite a bit of "real work". I agree that electric stuff is phenomenal.

Thought on this, the Mowers bigger battery pack at 56V is good for 1hr of mowing. I am able to easily without loss of power mow my Quarter acre back yard and my little bit in the front and still have power.

Plus the mower's bigger battery pack is able to be used on all the other tools, yet a bit more weight to carry, but allows longer run time.

The smaller battery packs that come on all the other tools is good for 30 min of use. If I need more, I switch out to the Mower pack, but now that I have multiple smaller batteries, I can easily swap batteries, charge one while using a fresh one and by the time I deplete that battery, the other is charged and ready to go.

I see NO DOWN SIDE to EV tools over gas tools.

6 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I agree with @riviera74 time to replace that mouse, the electronics are shorting out causing your issues. Pretty common. I will say that the Logitech digital mice seem to work really well.

In regards to your email issue, that is just weird. Maybe you should review your settings and check the mail filter as that can cause issues especially if who ever you use as email has aggressive filters.

16 hours ago, David said:

Which model of the EGO mower are you looking at, I see mine can be purchased on Amazon for $429.99 which is cheaper than what I paid years back.

Their newest self propelled model. The reviews have been pretty awesome on it.

https://egopowerplus.com/21-inch-self-propelled-mower-select-cut/

For now though, I "need" a blower(don't have one), WANT a new trimmer(I acquired a cheap curved shaft stihl), and the mower is actually the lowest on my list but I still want to know what one I'm committing to as I'll be buying into the entire line of products.  

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, balthazar said:

Same deal as electric cars.
It's great, it's quiet, it's double the price.
Husquevarna 16" gas chainsaw : $180
Ego 16" chainsaw : $300.

All depends on what you want to budget for something. 

Not double the price for lawn equipment though.  You don't have to buy the top of the line electric mower. Top of the line residential gas mowers are also $6-1000 for a Toro Super Recycler or Honda HRX. 

Toro's electric Recycler ranges from 400-660 and the gas versions range from 280-500. Yes, more but not double and you're getting equipment that is sooooo much more convenient. You're also starting off with a heck of a lot more power than the $280 Recycler with the Briggs & Stratton engine so its not a 1:1 comparison. The electric ones are more comparable to the Honda powered mowers. 

• Agree 2

31 minutes ago, David said:

Thought on this, the Mowers bigger battery pack at 56V is good for 1hr of mowing. I am able to easily without loss of power mow my Quarter acre back yard and my little bit in the front and still have power.

Plus the mower's bigger battery pack is able to be used on all the other tools, yet a bit more weight to carry, but allows longer run time.

The smaller battery packs that come on all the other tools is good for 30 min of use. If I need more, I switch out to the Mower pack, but now that I have multiple smaller batteries, I can easily swap batteries, charge one while using a fresh one and by the time I deplete that battery, the other is charged and ready to go.

I see NO DOWN SIDE to EV tools over gas tools.

Run time will be my only concern but I have a rider so I really won't use the push mower often. It will just be when I feel like it because push mowing a yard is just nice and enjoyable. 

I have a half acre lot and the full runtimes on most push mowers is pushing the limits so what I need but I don't really think that will be an issue because I'll have other batteries to swap in to finish if I ran out because I plan to get at least one other with the blower and/or string trimmer to have 2 or 3 total batteries. 

The one 7.5ah that comes with the mower plus one  5.0ah with the blower or trimmer would get the job done, easily. 

46 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Their newest self propelled model. The reviews have been pretty awesome on it.

https://egopowerplus.com/21-inch-self-propelled-mower-select-cut/

For now though, I "need" a blower(don't have one), WANT a new trimmer(I acquired a cheap curved shaft stihl), and the mower is actually the lowest on my list but I still want to know what one I'm committing to as I'll be buying into the entire line of products.  

Got it, this is the Cadillac of their mowers with the even more powerful 7.5Amp battery pack. Awesome lawn mower.

30 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Run time will be my only concern but I have a rider so I really won't use the push mower often. It will just be when I feel like it because push mowing a yard is just nice and enjoyable. 

I have a half acre lot and the full runtimes on most push mowers is pushing the limits so what I need but I don't really think that will be an issue because I'll have other batteries to swap in to finish if I ran out because I plan to get at least one other with the blower and/or string trimmer to have 2 or 3 total batteries. 

The one 7.5ah that comes with the mower plus one  5.0ah with the blower or trimmer would get the job done, easily. 

Just to clarify for you, the big all in one 7.5Amp battery pack will work on your other EGO tools, but the small batteries of the hand tools do not work in the big mower .

They do have the Dual 5 Amp batteries mower that gives longer run time.

Amazon.com : EGO Power+ LM2142SP 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Dual-Port Walk Behind Self Propelled Lawn Mower with Two 5.0 Ah Batteries & Charger Included : Garden & Outdoor

This is equal to mine that has a single large battery. They did not have this option almost 5 years ago when I bought mine. I just realized that this is dual 5 Amp batteries for longer run time than the single 7.5 Amp battery. Still double the size of the 2.5 Amp battery packs on the hand tools.

• Agree 1

I have the bigger battery from the EGO mower (mine is like in the link, self propelled, but I rarely use propulsion.  Kids do use it)and a smaller one from one of the tools. Most of the tool (blower, chain saw, trimmer, hedge trimmer) I got without battery because two batteries is more than enough for the tools I don't use that often.

I am considering getting snow blower as well but it is not cheap and last few winters were pretty warm with this one forecasted being warmer than usual as well in the North East.  Plus I have two growing boys that I plan to put to work in case we have a snow storm :)

Edited by ykX
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, balthazar said:

Anyone need any stat/spec question for 1983 answered? 

948B52B8-985A-45D1-B7E7-0F3918330D45.jpeg

Some of these cars were certainly hit with the ugly stick, with that Thunderbird and Cadillac Cimarron ruling the ugly roost.

The Camaro was fine, but I preferred the same year's Firebird, and, for some reason, I sort of liked Pontiac's 6000, and certainly more so than either the Olds Ciera or the Buick Century.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Got it, this is the Cadillac of their mowers with the even more powerful 7.5Amp battery pack. Awesome lawn mower.

It isn't more powerful, it's just larger capacity for longer runtimes. 

1 hour ago, David said:

Just to clarify for you, the big all in one 7.5Amp battery pack will work on your other EGO tools, but the small batteries of the hand tools do not work in the big mower .

They do have the Dual 5 Amp batteries mower that gives longer run time.

Amazon.com : EGO Power+ LM2142SP 21-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Electric Dual-Port Walk Behind Self Propelled Lawn Mower with Two 5.0 Ah Batteries & Charger Included : Garden & Outdoor

This is equal to mine that has a single large battery. They did not have this option almost 5 years ago when I bought mine. I just realized that this is dual 5 Amp batteries for longer run time than the single 7.5 Amp battery. Still double the size of the 2.5 Amp battery packs on the hand tools.

Wait, so the 5.0ah batteries don't fit into the mower that comes with the 7.5ah battery? That seems like BS and is a big deterrent because they also sell mowers with the 5.0ah battery. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Wait, so the 5.0ah batteries don't fit into the mower that comes with the 7.5ah battery? That seems like BS and is a big deterrent because they also sell mowers with the 5.0ah battery. 

fits in mine

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Some of these cars were certainly hit with the ugly stick, with that Thunderbird and Cadillac Cimarron ruling the ugly roost.

The Camaro was fine, but I preferred the same year's Firebird, and, for some reason, I sort of liked Pontiac's 6000, and certainly more so than either the Olds Ciera or the Buick Century.

Actually liked watching those Thunderbirds race Nascar back in the day.

• Haha 1

Always liked the Aerobirds compared to the blocky 80-82 Boxbirds they replaced.   Oddly, the '83-84 still had a horizontal dash very similar to the '80-82.  After having Cougars in the early-mid 70s, my Mom had a '77 Thunderbird, then an '80, '83, '87 and lastly a '90, so I grew up around them, along w/ Lincolns and other Mercury products. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Not double the price for lawn equipment though.  You don't have to buy the top of the line electric mower. Top of the line residential gas mowers are also $6-1000 for a Toro Super Recycler or Honda HRX. 

Toro's electric Recycler ranges from 400-660 and the gas versions range from 280-500. Yes, more but not double and you're getting equipment that is sooooo much more convenient. You're also starting off with a heck of a lot more power than the $280 Recycler with the Briggs & Stratton engine so its not a 1:1 comparison. The electric ones are more comparable to the Honda powered mowers. 

Plus small motors get temperamental...and nice to mow the yard in silence.

My ICE lawnmower went in the metal dumpster at work when I got my electric mower.

Just today helped a friend clean out his garage...I took a whole Ranger load of ICE gardening tools to the same metal dumpster...he upgraded to electric...he is never going back.

Just now, Robert Hall said:

Always liked the Aerobirds compared to the blocky 80-82 Boxbirds they replaced.   Oddly, the '83-84 still had a horizontal dash very similar to the '80-82.  After having Cougars in the early-mid 70s, my Mom had a '77 Thunderbird, then an '80, '83, '87 and lastly a '90, so I grew up around them, along w/ Lincolns and other Mercury products. 

Ford's of that Era are. Very slowly growing on me. But really it's pre 77 or so or within the last couple of years for me with blue oval products.

• Agree 2

Per EGO's website and that mower I had linked:

EGO.JPG

2 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Plus small motors get temperamental...and nice to mow the yard in silence.

My ICE lawnmower went in the metal dumpster at work when I got my electric mower.

Just today helped a friend clean out his garage...I took a whole Ranger load of ICE gardening tools to the same metal dumpster...he upgraded to electric...he is never going back.

100%. ICE still has its place but all of the higher end electric tool companies even had commercial stuff so even the people that needed the 8-12 hour days of work, have options. 

https://egopowerplus.com/commercial

https://www.husqvarna.com/us/lawn-and-garden/professional/battery/

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Ford's of that Era are. Very slowly growing on me. But really it's pre 77 or so or within the last couple of years for me with blue oval products.

The 80s are what I grew up with, also like a lot of '60s-70s Ford products.  Still love the Fox body Mustangs.    I like the current Mustang a lot, and am looking forward to seeing the new Bronco...I could definitely see having a late model Mustang and Bronco in a future larger garage... 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

It isn't more powerful, it's just larger capacity for longer runtimes. 

The 5Amp according to their web site will fit in the 7.5 Amp mower. But I have not seen any tools that come with the 5Amp battery, just the 2.5 Amp batteries. I have never tried to run the mower with them. The battery does fit.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, David said:

The 5Amp according to their web site will fit in the 7.5 Amp mower. But I have not seen any tools that come with the 5Amp battery, just the 2.5 Amp batteries. I have never tried to run the mower with them. The battery does fit.

https://egopowerplus.com/blower-650cfm/

https://egopowerplus.com/blower-580cfm/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J8N3PW?th=1

It seems like the higher end tools come with the 5.0ah battery. Maybe its a recent changeover. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, ccap41 said:

Lot of choices out there.
I looked at the Ego 21-in self-propelled mower linked here
https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/lawn-mowers/push-mowers/7006686
It's $650.

Can grab a C-man B & S self-propelled 21-in for $269.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-M230-163-cc-21-in-Self-Propelled-Gas-Push-Lawn-Mower-with-Briggs-Stratton-Engine/1000673809?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-sol-_-google-_-lia-_--_-walkbehindmowers-_-1000673809-_-0&placeholder=null&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2af-BRDzARIsAIVQUOe2ByRRx2KkLtzVFsre_OsHLhEfsxMMW6jBAWWnVILQ4ZV4AB2e-kcaAmblEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Those seem pretty comparable.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Actually liked watching those Thunderbirds race Nascar back in the day.

You did?!?  I'm going to vote on the Monte Carlo with sideways squiggly Coke bottle headlamps.

- - - - -

You blink and you miss it or, should I say, you blink and things change.  

Since we've been discussing when the next Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 will arrive, I looked at the current website to see what these cars are up to.  They pretty much continue as we know them.

But I found something interesting.  In both 2020 and 2021, the basic Chrysler 300 is back to standard cloth seats, in both black and tan.  With tan, you still get a black dashboard and other trim bits.  That's cost control at work.  We saw the same thing with the very last Grand Prix sedan.  

Changing the entry level seat offerings to cloth probably enables them to keep the price point of around $30 K MSRP.  If you think about, when you change the sofa you order from fabric to leather (not something I'd do), the price goes way up.  

Both still beautiful vehicles - inside and out - in my book.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, balthazar said:

FWD lawn mower, PASS. It's much easier to lift the front end off the ground for a turn and propel yourself in a circle.

3 year warranty vs 5 year warranty

6 vs 7 cutting positions

non-foldable vs foldable

MUCH better mulching blades come with the EGO, nearly identical to Honda's dual blade system

The Craftsman is probably very good "for the money" but you're comparing an all around in-superior product. 

This would be a much more comparable product. 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Honda-21-in-NeXite-Variable-Speed-4-in-1-Gas-Walk-Behind-Self-Propelled-Mower-with-Select-Drive-Control-HRX217VKA/304811171

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

'77 was amusing, IIR (twinned with the Ford Elite coupe?) and I liked '90 somewhat, though I prefer the '94 to '96 for the sheet metal improvements.  The latter was a nice coupe when outfitted with the 4.6L V8 - a decent combination of power, smoothness, and fuel mileage.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

https://egopowerplus.com/blower-650cfm/

https://egopowerplus.com/blower-580cfm/

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071J8N3PW?th=1

It seems like the higher end tools come with the 5.0ah battery. Maybe its a recent changeover. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Very Cool, that is an upgrade. Weight is noticeable between the 5Amp and 2.5Amp. I know due to using my Mower 5Amp battery on my blower.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, balthazar said:

While I was happy with my gas mowers, I will say that the extensive maintenance of oil, gas, spark plug and the in-ability to store a gas mower in any place compared to my electric EGO is a big deal. The fact that I have more room in my shed with the folding mower and having it on it back edge is a win plus not having to do all the fall and spring maintenance to go into storage and out of storage makes electric a win. 

Plug in the battery pack and mow, take out the batter pack to recharge it and fold up the mower and stick it in a corner that is it for using an Electric mower and I do not have the top of the line from EGO but still 5 years later not a thing has failed or broke.

Here is the best example of why EGO wins over Gas mowers. On top of this if you want too, you can have the mower hang from the wall if you need to get it up and out of the way.

image.png

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Is there a 'good for the money' battery mower?

My Mid Level EGO Mower which was top of the line 5 years ago is now their middle of the line mower.

Amazon.com : EGO Power+ LM2100SP 21-Inch 56-Volt Cordless Self-Propelled Mower Battery and Charger Not Included : Garden & Outdoor

• Agree 1

Spring & fall mower maintenance... extensive spark plugs...???
Do you have ‘mower OCD’??

I’ve had the same spark plug in my mower.... I couldn’t even guess how many years. 

I don’t get where all the hyping up of IC engine maintenance is coming from. It’s not a burden at all.

1 minute ago, David said:

My Mid Level EGO Mower which was top of the line 5 years ago is now their middle of the line mower

So; no then. Gotcha.

• Haha 1

Just now, balthazar said:

Spring & fall mower maintenance... extensive spark plugs...???
Do you have ‘mower OCD’??

I’ve had the same spark plug in my mower.... I couldn’t even guess how many years. 

I don’t get where all the hyping up of IC engine maintenance is coming from. It’s not a burden at all.

Both neighbors that are on either side of my house are computer engineers like me. Unlike me they hate yard work or working on auto's, motors, etc. They both asked me when they moved in about mower recommendations. Sadly both are rather cheap as they were not willing to pay the price for an EGO. They both went with $150 ice mowers and now 5 years later, they have spent about $150 a year to have the mowers tuned up, fuel tank drained, oil changed each spring as they are smart developers, but cannot seem to think of draining the gas, and doing the basic maintenance of an ICE motor. So each spring they bitch and then pay a guy to come to their house to get their mowers running again. They both have agreed they should have bought the EGO mowers.

While you Balthazar like to work on motors, many people do not. Even I while liking working on auto's and will when needed, would rather not have to deal with them and have less maintenance and work. Great that you have gone years on a single spark plug as I remember my top of the line Sears 6.5 HP mower till I retired it was only on a single spark plug that was the original since I bought it new. Yet cheaper ICE mowers seem to require more maintenance is my observation. Sadly, most people do not want to deal with yard maintenance so I always tell people, if you do not like yard work then pay to have it done.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

So; no then. Gotcha.

I disagree, there are plenty of $200 dollar battery powered mowers out there, but how long they last on a charge I have no Idea as my grand dads and dad all said the same thing. Buy a quality tool to last and do not waste time on bottom or mid level. So I save, and buy the top of the line and it lasts and goes long distance saving me money. That is just my thinking.

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, David said:

Sadly...

Interesting that dual clutch transmission is making its way into motorcycles. Honda Africa Twin has it for one....

1 hour ago, David said:

Both neighbors that are on either side of my house are computer engineers like me. Unlike me they hate yard work or working on auto's, motors, etc. They both asked me when they moved in about mower recommendations. Sadly both are rather cheap as they were not willing to pay the price for an EGO. They both went with $150 ice mowers and now 5 years later, they have spent about $150 a year to have the mowers tuned up, fuel tank drained, oil changed each spring as they are smart developers, but cannot seem to think of draining the gas, and doing the basic maintenance of an ICE motor. So each spring they bitch and then pay a guy to come to their house to get their mowers running again. They both have agreed they should have bought the EGO mowers.

While you Balthazar like to work on motors, many people do not. Even I while liking working on auto's and will when needed, would rather not have to deal with them and have less maintenance and work. Great that you have gone years on a single spark plug as I remember my top of the line Sears 6.5 HP mower till I retired it was only on a single spark plug that was the original since I bought it new. Yet cheaper ICE mowers seem to require more maintenance is my observation. Sadly, most people do not want to deal with yard maintenance so I always tell people, if you do not like yard work then pay to have it done.

You have a point in terms of people not wanting to work on them....

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, David said:

I disagree, there are plenty of $200 dollar battery powered mowers out there,

Googled; the $200 battery mowers are 12-in to 17-in, and didn’t see any self-propelled. Might have missed them, if they’re out there. Still an obvious non-competitive price disparity, feature-for-feature.

38 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Googled; the $200 battery mowers are 12-in to 17-in, and didn’t see any self-propelled. Might have missed them, if they’re out there. Still an obvious non-competitive price disparity, feature-for-feature.

As one that is not afraid to pay 500 to 600 dollars for a quality mower, I have always had self driven mowers and Once EGO came out with their quality electric mower and I changed over, I will never go back. From the noise to the leaking fluids if you tip it and the maintenance while not a big deal and some like you and I have no problem with it, many people do and I see no need to have that frustration when electric can resolve so much of what I see as short comings of ICE mowers.

Like EVs they start out high but are coming down and make far more sense to me than sticking with ICE. Noise and smell alone is a reason to go with an electric Mower over gas. Eventually autos will do the same as EVs will eventually replace all ICE, but till then we have a great variety to buy and use.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

It's not that I have an 'issue' with a gas mower maintenance, it's simply that there's basically none to do. They run forever. A can of gas lasts me all year. A spark plug and blade last 10. And gas mowers "leak fluids" about as often as electrics 'leak acids and spew ozone' from the arcing motors. It's a lot of nonsense. But you go ahead and justify your $1000 push mower any way you need to.

2 hours ago, David said:

Like EVs they start out high but are coming down

Model 3 was initially promised to be $35K, but the bulk stickered at $47-54K. A couple years later and an 'off menu' stripped 3 is available, if you know about it, at $35K, but is dropped after about 6 months. Meanwhile, Tesla slips the low-priced Model S & X off the menu, raising the ante' there.
Most of the recent EV introductions have centered around the 'LaLa land' $70K tier.

OEM costs are irrelevant if they're not passed on to consumers.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

A tiny bit sad tonight...get to say goodbye to an old ride tomorrow. Wife’s old 2003 Cavalier is going to my MIL’s BF tomorrow. At least it gets to go to a person who will still take care of it.....

While it’s laughable to be sad about a Cav, I guess when you have it for nearly 17 years it simply grows on you. Lots of memories in that car!

Wife is sadly putting pressure on the other Cavalier we have, my 2004- to get rid of it as well. While she knows it’s my “project” car ( and still runs great, rust free, but needs a new cluster-thanks GM) as she thinks we need to start preparing for the worse and saving money everywhere we can. I’d like to think we wouldn’t have to go that far...

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, David said:

B... they are smart developers, but cannot seem to think of draining the gas, and doing the basic maintenance of an ICE motor. So each spring they bitch and then pay a guy to come to their house to get their mowers running again. They both have agreed they should have bought the EGO mowers.

Dealing with all that shit is why I prefer having a yard service...I'd rather pay people that specialize in yard work to do it than waste my time...

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Agree 2

20 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Dealing with all that shit is why I prefer having a yard service...I'd rather pay people that specialize in yard work to do it than waste my time...

I can relate... although I find it cathartic to mow the yard with the electric mower.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I can relate... although I find it cathartic to mow the yard with the electric mower.

I have contemplated buying an electric mower and doing it myself..but I'm sure after one round I'd be in a world of pain from my back.   Shoveling a bit this week has left me in extreme pain... I'd need a riding mower.  I still don't know how my folks did it all those years on the farm (mowing several acres w/a fleet of Snapper riding mowers).

The good thing is up here in the CLE we have generally much less humidity in the summer than most of Ohio, it's not as gross outside in summer than I remember it being down in Tuscarawas County (where the family farm is), so mowing then wouldn't be too awful.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, ykX said:

@balthazar No doubt electric mowers and yard tools are more expensive than ICE when compared apples to apples.  But it is just a tool and to me personally and for my needs these where well worth the extra price.

Of course; that's FINE. You, as a representative of the market, have 'spoken' with your purchase. And that's how a market is composed; of millions of individual choices. But no consumer market is composed of a single product (that I can think of).

Where I come in is; not everyone can afford or WANT to pay 'the extra price' for what they get.

This is a 4300 SF, $1.3m home. By my vast observation, they're not built ANY better than more mainstream-priced homes. Case in point: the face of this kitchen island cabinet just FELL OFF. Cabinet boxes were rather thin particle board, and the face was glued on. ALWAYS use mechanical fasteners over chemical, where possible.
Had to take the 3 faces apart, clean all surfaces of old glue and a prior attempt to silicone it in place, tweak the cabinet boxes, reattach the individual faces then screw them together. Had all the doors off & drawer slides out. Some blocking inside, 2 face screws to hold it (behind drawer fronts), and a bunch of colored finish nails in the face. Took about 2.5 hours. 2nd pic is the 'after'.

IMG_1314.jpeg

IMG_2779.jpg

• Agree 2

I'm usually not a fan of things presented in posh English (think Robin Leach's "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous"), but this is well done, as are the photography and the topic.

In Florida, their population is such that there is about 1 alligator for every 20 people.

Sink your teeth into that.

• Agree 2

Just talked to the finance manager at my local GMC dealer (called 2 mins before closing)- after a bit of conversation he told me what Horsey told me 'just order the truck'.
Also said they'll go 250 miles to get a vehicle; no farther.
And Employee pricing (running thru 1/4/21) isn't good on ordered trucks.
8-10 weeks to come in.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1