TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

10 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

I am modeling extra-terrestrials after our own experiences here on earth.  It is the only logical way to think about it.

I don't agree that such an approach is necessarily logical. There are tremendous differences within the animal kingdom on Earth (EX; domestic house cat / scorpion). Further, there have been/continue to be groups of humans who have never been conquerors.

stock market tanked in December

Looking forward to the analysis article detailing the stock market DJ rise of 2300 pts since 12/26.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

I don't agree that such an approach is necessarily logical. There are tremendous differences within the animal kingdom on Earth (EX; domestic house cat / scorpion). Further, there have been/continue to be groups of humans who have never been conquerors.

Looking forward to the analysis article detailing the stock market DJ rise of 2300 pts since 12/26.

Looking at Fundamentals beyond Stock Market I see clouds on the Horizon...but am here as an auto enthusiast.

That 69 Mach 1 from the other thread...needs to be a Super Cobra Jet.  Love me some vintage Iron.

1 hour ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Looking at Fundamentals beyond Stock Market I see clouds on the Horizon...but am here as an auto enthusiast.

That 69 Mach 1 from the other thread...needs to be a Super Cobra Jet.  Love me some vintage Iron.

I know the car for you, custom car manufacture supposedly got approval from Ford to make a Limited run of 200 GR-1's. They will be offering it with ICE and EV versions. Talk about Super Sexy! :metal:

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/01/08/superformance-ford-shelby-gr-1-concept/

4b8e8e60-1361-11e9-b71e-26f4c1cf7de6

Ford Shelby GR-1 Concept

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Oh daaaaamn, haven't see that name in awhile!

How the heck have ya been???

Busy as a beaver for the past year but hanging in there.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Excellent. Was hoping that you could come back around. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Welcome back...I don't recall, you aren't in Arizona are you?  The background in your photo reminds me of my old Phoenix neighborhood (the wall, the AC on the roof, palm tree, etc). 

12 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Welcome back...I don't recall, you aren't in Arizona are you?  The background in your photo reminds me of my old Phoenix neighborhood (the wall, the AC on the roof, palm tree, etc). 

I live in Peoria, AZ so you are spot on correct on the location. Enjoying another nice day of no snow (six years in a row lol).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, surreal1272 said:

I live in Peoria, AZ so you are spot on correct on the location. Enjoying another nice day of no snow (six years in a row lol).

Ha, I knew it.  I lived in north Central Phoenix (near the Biltmore) from '08-17.  Moved to the Cleveland, Oh area in 2017 (originally from NE Ohio).  Have had 6 inches of snow today..  I still work for a client in Scottsdale (work out of my house).  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Ha, I knew it.  I lived in north Central Phoenix (near the Biltmore) from '08-17.  Moved to the Cleveland, Oh area in 2017 (originally from NE Ohio).  Have had 6 inches of snow today..  I still work for a client in Scottsdale (work out of my house).  

Even though the summers are brutal at times, it is better than the cold, for me. The cold and I have not been on speaking terms for years as it likes to beat the living hell out of my body.

1 minute ago, surreal1272 said:

Even though the summers are brutal at times, it is better than the cold, for me. The cold and I have not been on speaking terms for years as it likes to beat the living hell out of my body.

I never really got used to the Arizona summers.  Loved my pool, though.  I find I'm healthier in a more maritime climate..love having 4 distinct seasons and all the greenery and water.  I don't miss the dust, heat and sun. 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

Welcome back, great to have you back checking in, hope to see your input on various topics here. :) 

Glad you enjoy your sun and heat, I love my Seattle wet weather.

Have to say I thought this was very cool of what Tesla has setup in Alaska for year round cold weather testing.

Good Story here: https://insideevs.com/tesla-winter-testing-facility-alaska/

• Upvote 2

2019 Detroit Auto Show Peeps,

https://www.clickondetroit.com/auto-show/2019-detroit-auto-show-heres-what-automakers-are-expected-to-debut

EXCITEMENT!!!!!

Here's the full 2019 Detroit auto show reveal schedule for Jan. 14 (click links to view specific streams):

• NACTOY, Atrium Stage 8:05 am – 8:30 am
  • Ford 8:40 am – 9:05 am
  • RAM 9:10 am – 9:35 am
  • Toyota 9:40 am – 10:05 am
  • Volkswagen 10:10 am – 10:35 am
  • Nissan 10:40 am – 11:05 am
  • Kia 11:10 am – 11:35 am
  • Infiniti 11:40 am – 12:05 pm
  • Hyundai 12:10 pm – 12:35 pm
  • Subaru Tecnica International 12:40 pm – 1:05 pm
  • Lexus 1:10 pm – 1:35 pm
  • GAC 1:40 pm – 2:05 pm
  • Michelin 2:10 pm – 2:35 pm
  • Magna International, Atrium Stage 2:45 pm – 3:10 pm
  • Roadshow by CNET Shift Awards, Atrium Stage 3:20 pm – 3:45 pm
  • Roadshow by CNET Keynote Speaker, Atrium Stage 3:45 pm – 4:35 pm
  • NAIAS 2020, Atrium Stage 4:45 pm – 4:55 pm
  • Automotive Hall of Fame, Atrium Stage 4:55 pm – 5:05 pm

Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.

• Upvote 1

Common Peeps can invest in Atlis Motor Vehicles company here:

https://www.startengine.com/atlis-motor-vehicles

Seems they hit their Million Dollar Mark to get things started.

image.png

Atlis original mockups truly copied Rivian too much.

See the source image

Glad they went with this instead.

See the source image

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I will not donate my money to a startup auto company.. It's one of the most difficult markets to crack into. 

I would totally agree, yet if I did have extra money that I could Gamble with, I would consider investing in this company.I like their concept and what they are wanting to achieve.

• Haha 1

The first concept Atlis has no resemblence to Rivian in the least, but I agree the 2nd concept is much more appealing. They could lower the beltline by 1-2 inches. I still say it reminds of the ideal of the Silverado- LOTS of lines up front (even without a grille). It's like their pendulum swung the full arch the other way.

• Like 1

I've got a question. 

When you take your GM car to the dealership, they are starting to write up the service order, and they insert some sort of device into where the OBD-II goes (under the dash, driver's side), what information are they obtaining with that?

5 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I've got a question. 

When you take your GM car to the dealership, they are starting to write up the service order, and they insert some sort of device into where the OBD-II goes (under the dash, driver's side), what information are they obtaining with that?

Depends on the age of the car for how long the data is stored. It's mostly error codes, engine statistics, that sort of thing.  I have a reader that I can hook up to my phone via bluetooth and it will let me see all of that stuff. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

What’s up folks?

2CD03E8A-77A1-47BF-BE92-667421EE0D0B.jpeg

What is that you drinking?

Looks like Iced Tea.  Long Island Iced Tea perhaps?

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

What is that you drinking?

Looks like Iced Tea.  Long Island Iced Tea perhaps?

That is my sweet tea in a mason jar glass. Perfect drink for a 70 degree winter day in the desert.

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

That is my sweet tea in a mason jar glass. Perfect drink for a 70 degree winter day in the desert.

Well. That looks good. 

It finally got cold in Montreal. The last 2-3 days its been real Canadian wintery cold with very little snow fall. Before that, during the XMAS break, it was really warm. Above freezing temps.   

Im currently watching some hockey on TV.  The HABs and the Bruins are showing.  The family went to bed and I finally have to house to myself in peace...so yeah. Nice for me to be back and nice for YOU to be back! 

• Upvote 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook