TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

54 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

The Cadillac's tire needs some air.

Funny about that.  She drove it this morning, seemed fine.  Got home, a few hours later when we went out to get the Trax noticed it was flat.  Called AAA, they put on the donut spare--it was flat also.  Not sure what happened w/ the tire, didn't see any nails, etc.   Drove it down to the independent shop she uses to have it checked out (they put the tires on new back in September), going to get the shocks, struts, etc replaced, and a few other anomalies checked out (airbag light is on, it's really loud at idle, etc). 

Edited by Robert Hall

8 hours ago, ccap41 said:

This is one of the foreign Fords that would have been cool to have had here. ST wagon.

ST Wagon.jpg

$1600 for a bare headlight assembly from Ford (no bulbs, no dust caps).  Just priced one today for a Focus ST we have in the shop.  Insurance company wrote the estimate for a base Focus, and aftermarket at that...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

$1600 for a bare headlight assembly from Ford (no bulbs, no dust caps).  Just priced one today for a Focus ST we have in the shop.  Insurance company wrote the estimate for a base Focus, and aftermarket at that...

I've always wondered what the fancy ones with the LED light piping cost.

That price is highway robbery.  I got new headlight clusters for the Honda for less than $100 each off eBay and they fit and worked perfectly.

• Upvote 1

Why does the new Explorer front end remind me of this?  FORD FAMILY

566301-1000-0@2x.jpg

• Upvote 2

"MADE IN AMERICA BY AMERICANS".  Has a nice ring to it.  I love it.  🇺🇸

^ Awesome. I never got to meet any of my great grandparents, tho both of my sons knew 3 of theirs. My father's father passed in 2016, 6 weeks shy of turning 101.
- - - - -

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.53.59 PM.png

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, ocnblu said:

My great grandfather, grandfather and me with my great grandfather's Ford.

Pap,Poppy,Bill,Ford.jpg

You are lucky!

I never got to meet my grandparents on my dad's side. They past away before he even got married.

I met my granddad on my mom's side twice, but he past away in Greece when I was 7 years old. I got to see him when I was 4 years old and 6 years old. I do remeber him at 4 years old and I remember him vivdly at 6.

My kids, my dad died before my son was born, he was in his mom's belly. My daughter was 1 year old.

Their other granddad died before my wife and I met.

My mom past away almost 3 years ago. My daughter remembers her well. But not my son.

The other grandma is doing well!!!

Forget about great grandparents on both sides!!!

That is remarkable Blu!!! I like that!!!

• Upvote 2

Fantastic on the pic and old Fords both.

• Thanks 1

Chevy Trailblazer... FWD/AWD transverse CUV to slot between Trax and Equinox... let the crying begin... I feel like bawling my eyeballs out...

Possible-Chevrolet-Trailblazer-sketch-1.jpg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Chevy Trailblazer... FWD/AWD transverse CUV to slot between Trax and Equinox... let the crying begin... I feel like bawling my eyeballs out...

It wouldn't surprise me if they add another appliance in there.   Just like they will probably add a Cadillac XT7 on the Traverse/Enclave wheelbase above the new XT6. 

Is that the FNR Carryall concept for China?   Looks like it..

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1119939_chevy-previews-future-suv-styling-with-fnr-carryall-concept

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Sad 1

GM at its cynical worst.  Mocking loyalty will not earn you a future.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:49 AM, balthazar said:

^ Awesome. I never got to meet any of my great grandparents, tho both of my sons knew 3 of theirs. My father's father passed in 2016, 6 weeks shy of turning 101.
- - - - -

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 8.53.59 PM.png

I knew 3 of my great grandparents.

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

And remember, they renewed the Envoy name. Taking bets on it being a GMC XT6?

The Hyundai of domestics...without the extended warranty.

At least not with us here. Your Jeep looks better all of the time.

On 1/11/2019 at 2:16 PM, A Horse With No Name said:

13665300563_dd771ef592_b.jpg

6342679820_1ecec11518_b.jpg

I'm laughing at and loving these two specific cars.

As for the Chevy, the license plate tells me it's a 1980 or 1981.  That was the time that CA transitioned from a 6 digit license plate to a 7 digit license plate.  This car must have been stripped down.  I wouldn't be surprised if it had a 6 cylinder in it.  It would have been a V6 more so than a L6 by 1980.

As for the Cadillac, I can't tell the year, but I'm guessing early '80s.  Anyone for a picnic on the trunk lid of this car?  How about on the hood?  I can't read the badging, but this could have run with a crappy V8-6-4, a Cadillac 4100 V8, or the "credit option" Buick produced 4.1 (252 c.i.) V6. 

We will never see anything like this again.  Might as well enjoy the eye candy and the laughs while we can.

Edited by trinacriabob

1 minute ago, trinacriabob said:

I'm laughing at and loving these cars.

As for the Chevy, the license plate tells me it's a 1980 or 1981.  That was the time that CA transitioned from a 6 digit license plate to a 7 digit license plate.  This car must have been stripped down.  I wouldn't be surprised if it had a 6 cylinder in it.  It would have been a V6 more so than a L6 by 1980.

As for the Cadillac, I can't tell the year, but I'm guessing early '80s.  Anyone for a picnic on the trunk lid of this car?  How about on the hood?  I can't read the badging, but this could have run with a crappy V8-6-4, a Cadillac 4100 V8, or the "credit option" Buick produced 4.1 (252 c.i.) V6. 

We will never see anything like this again.  Might as well enjoy the eye candy and the laughs while we can.

1980 Impala, looks like.  The '81-85 had a different grille.  The Cadillac could be anywhere from '80-84 for a CdV..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

And remember, they renewed the Envoy name. Taking bets on it being a GMC XT6?

I am thinking a new GMC Envoy will be the Trax/Encore sibling that we've seen in spy shots.  Acadia is their midsize 3-row XT6-size place holder.

Edited by ocnblu

This morning, I got some groceries.

I found a pineapple for 99 cents.  I forgot how to cut these open correctly.  I will have to look at YouTube.

Then, there's another more upmarket grocery chain that had fresh loaves of Italian bread, bakery style, for 99 cents.  I got one of those, too.  I always say I'm going to eat the bread slowly over the week.  I don't.  Their Italian loaf is good.  But their French baguette (sometimes 99 cents) is great!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Is that the FNR Carryall concept for China?

Nah you can see the fenders have the same swoosh as the Cruze, and a different grille with high mounted headlights from the FNR Carryall, which is just a stretched Blazer with dinky third row/cargo space hogger.

Edited by ocnblu

3 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I am thinking a new GMC Envoy will be the Trax/Encore sibling that we've seen in spy shots.  Acadia is their midsize 3-row XT6-size place holder.

There's also the Granite. I could see them doing an all 3-row Envoy that is just 5 inches longer than the Acadia.

1 minute ago, Drew Dowdell said:

There's also the Granite. I could see them doing an all 3-row Envoy that is just 5 inches longer than the Acadia.

Acadia XL?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook