Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

On 1/4/2021 at 4:36 PM, ocnblu said:

1969 Cutlass S!

136379343_3680131255343015_4206033436301888911_n.jpg

136051390_10157524979111389_8656598479953836288_o.jpg

Why are we getting a vintage Oldsmobile downvoted?

Image may contain: outdoor

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

The Ann Coulter of Georgia?

Loeffler-960x540.jpg

She's not pretty enough to be Ann Coulter.  She's not pretty enough to be Mr. Ed the talking horse Either. I am not just saying this because she is a Republican because I actually find Nikki Haley kind of hot. I really just find her to be an extremely unattractive woman. 

1 hour ago, daves87rs said:

Totally agree...and have my health and family as well. I’m sadly furloughed from one of my two jobs (my main one) but still hanging at the second while I wait to see what happens. Thankful I worked two jobs to handle this crazy time....also preparing to move on if my main job goes under...

In 2021..trying to spend less with politics and Facebook (social media stuff) and more time doing stuff with family and friends, and things that I enjoy... hoping everyone has a great year! 

Exactly what I am doing also. 

Image may contain: outdoor

2 hours ago, daves87rs said:

The only good news about K cars being police cars was that almost everything out at that time had low HP...it would be like watching a golf cart race.... 🙂 

Driving a slow car fast is amazing. I would love to have been around to race MG TC's when they were new....

18 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Flu cases down 98%... how is that possible?

...when Newmax is your news source, all things are possible. 

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, balthazar said:

Used-up, rolled-over, rotten junker "whose time has come" :

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.46.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.47.15 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.49.29 PM.png

... TO GET RESTORED!!

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.52.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 7.52.24 PM.png

I wonder if there are any original parts on the restored car?  Seems like it was in pretty bad shape..maybe only the vin tag original? 

• Agree 2

WE MUST... PRESERVE THE UNION!

135638557_10164525465540084_7502220115132439038_n.jpg

Actually I have a huge number of friends and family members I disagree with. Cool with most of them. But then again, I am not an asshole. 

Just now, Robert Hall said:

I wonder if there are any original parts on the restored car?  Seems like it was in pretty bad shape..maybe only the vin tag original? 

Maybe....but should be amazing finished. This is why I am moving to motorcycles probably, much cheaper than  cars. 

LOL what a kneejerk reaction.  It offers no issue to take sides on.  This post supports Drew's oft-broken (even by him) rule prohibiting political talk in the forums.

With all of the snowflakes here, I need a plow attachment for my Ranger. Plenty on both sides. 

17 hours ago, balthazar said:

Spent about an hour hanging with my buddy & another guy in his shop, talking this year's project car goals and comparing our 2 cars ('66 GTO & '59 Invicta).

The questions are; who will be done first, and whose car will be quicker. Hard to say at this point.

Very therapeutic!!

I can imagine that it was....wish I was restoring a 66 GTO. 

17 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I need therapy too.

Unquestionably true. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

Automotive History: Some Unusual Or Unexpected Police Cars From The United  States And Canada | Curbside Classic

Dafuq was Montreal thinking when they opted for these?

Love the classic ubiquitous wrought iron spiral staircases one sees on the exteriors of older apartment buildings in Montreal.

Maybe the Montreal police wanted their cops to be celebrities?  I don't know.  But, from the labeling of it, that looks more like a community affairs liaison type of police car than a squad car that would give chase.

With our more globalized society and especially with how diverse Montreal is, Dafuq might just be the name of a foreign exchange student in your city.  When I first read it, that's what I immediately thought.

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

This was interesting, pretty cool, wonder if anyone will actually use a limo like this. Sadly they kept all the cheap plastic inside.

image.png

Yes, Someone Really Made a Dodge Challenger Limousine With Quad Gullwing Doors (thedrive.com)

• Haha 2
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Love the classic ubiquitous wrought iron spiral staircases one sees on the exteriors of older apartment buildings in Montreal.

Maybe the Montreal police wanted their cops to be celebrities?  I don't know.  But, from the labeling of it, that looks more like a community affairs liaison type of police car than a squad car that would give chase.

With our more globalized society and especially with how diverse Montreal is, Dafuq might just be the name of a foreign exchange student in your city.  When I first read it, that's what I immediately thought.

Could be that those Celebrities were liason vehicles.  They were used everywhere though. Like I saw them everywhere back in the day.  Anyway...my dad had bought a 1986 version. I wanted the Eurosport 2.8 liter, but my mom had the final word and we ended up with an iron duke powered base...base base....base version of the Celebrity.  Roll up windows. AM radio.  2 speakers.   I ended up blowing up 1 speaker eventually...  But I did have the time of my life with that car.    Bench seat in the front. Cute French girls that I dated...   Fogging up the windows...  Yup...time of my life in that car.    

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Well, the bad guys could actually run from those cars.... 😉 

Well, if those had the 2.8V6 under the hood, they'd be tough to beat.   That 2.8 had 140 HP and as much torque at the very least. Which were very respectable numbers for the mid-1980s.  I really do  not know what they were used for, but the Montreal police department had many on patrol back in the day.  

We also had  mid-1980s K-Car minivans too.  But they were more like paddy wagons thouhg.  I cant seem to find those on google. Only the recent ones.

West Island Man Outraged That Police Use Unmarked Van To Pull Someone Over

A Closed Police Van High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

It's time to look forward, to the days of SS Chevelles, GTOs, 4-4-2s and GSXs.

Yeah...you got a downvote. 

For me, there isnt anything else like a GM A-Body from 1968-1972.  The Mopar B-Body from roughly the same time period is a very close second. 

The thing is. I like to reminisce about the past. I dont like living in it. 

Those cars...and days...are gone.   We SHOULD dream about them.  But to look "forward" to them?

NAH!   ITS OK.  

Id respect YOU a lot more if you had the COHONES to move FORWARD in life.  

Life aint static...

I remember the time YOU downvoted ME for WANTING a CLONE 4-4-2 with a FABRICATED BODYSHELL FROM DYNACORN with  Telsa powertrain and batteries...

4 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

Gee thanks, what was that for exactly... no wait, nevermind

And low and behold...you are EXACTLY in MY position 3 years later after YOU downvoted ME...

There is your answer...as to why I downvoted you.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, ocnblu said:

If that's not scary stuff, I don't know what is.  YIKES

I remember shyte.

You troll. I dont. Maybe you forget your trolling. I dont. 

YOU have BULLYIED me, and OTHERS for 3 long phoquing years regarding EVs...

You STILL do.

Then YOU whine when YOU get the same medicine BACK at you.

Then YOU call THAT scary.

Why is it scary?

Because I for one, have had to think LONG and HARD before what I WANTED to post JUST NOT to OFFEND you.

Downvotes

YOU whining

I, asking you for a rebuttal.

YOU MOCKING ME

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

I post a subject on an EV

YOU downvote

I plead why

YOU mock me

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

YOU FALSE post about EVs

I ask why you think that way.

You MOCK me

I give you a rebuttal

YOU downvote

YOU mock me in saying I write encyclopedias

You NEVER give ME a rebuttal

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

I post a pic of an EV

YOU downvote it

I ask why

YOU FALSE post about EVs

You MOCK me

I give you a rebuttal

YOU downvote

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

FOR THREE LOOOOONG PHOQUING YEARS!

YEAH...I HAVENT FORGOTTEN

WHY?

I post about EV

YOU downvote it

I ask why

YOU FALSE post about EVs

You MOCK me

I give you a rebuttal

YOU downvote

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

FOR THREE LOOOOONG PHOQUING YEARS!

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

You didnt put a spell on me...

YOU CYBER BULLIED ME!

Not that you scarred me, or you put a spell on me.    

But you continue to MOCK me.

Its really tough posting in here.

It really is...

Hey.  Just chill a little, you'll feel better.  Forget the intensity.  Just...flow.  Have a good night.

Everything's not about ME. 

Well, I was hoping for some more warmth, but it looks like it is not going to happen. Hearing we will be getting a few tastes of the polar vortex later next week. That, and at least one snowstorm .

At least I know that will make one person happy... 😉 . Guess I can live with it for a while...my son really wants to make a snow fort this year.....

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

10 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

The rear last 10-12" of the body shell was spliced in, but the bulk of the shell is original. Decklid & frame also were kept, but obviously a LOT of sheet metal repair & replacement.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

At least we've all grown up here, right? 

Have you ever seen the scene from the curious case of benjamin button where the main chatarter is both a screaming incoherent child and a senile old man at the same time....asking for a film buff. 

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Whoa, how about that new Grand Cherokee L?  Pretty snazzy, I am sure it has a price tag to match, but wow, that interior looks LIT.

Agree completely. Would love to own one. 

4 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Winter is always a pause, a look inward, but without it, how can we look forward to the promise of spring?  A snow fort sounds like fun.

Wish I was in Lancaster to build one with you. 

10 hours ago, balthazar said:

The rear last 10-12" of the body shell was spliced in, but the bulk of the shell is original. Decklid & frame also were kept, but obviously a LOT of sheet metal repair & replacement.

Interesting project, would love to see more. 

11 hours ago, balthazar said:

I haven't felt bullied by either hardcore IC fans... OR hardcore BE fans.

I just float... eternally looking forward to moving into the past.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 10.15.05 PM.png

See...Greek language would ahve a problem with this, as it is very case sensitive. How can one move to a place where one arrived a very long time ago and has since dwelt?

26 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Isn't 'time' and 'location' merely social constructs?

Yes in the Matrix they are! :P 

Love this story and all the pictures about the Luxury years of Flying in a Boeing 377 Stratocruiser! Who knew that it only held 100 people, had beds and had a social lounge along with made to order French food. Cool read for those that would love to live and fly in the 50's. Boeing Stratocruisers were retired in 1961 as they made way for the faster and more capacity of people and freight Boeing 707 and 737.

Boeing 377 Stratocruiser: Pan Am's luxury era of overhead beds and caviar | CNN Travel

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Help me out here.  I'm confused.

I've been seeing the signs, and slogan, "No More Bullsh!+" for months.

That would imply those folks believe we are CURRENTLY in a state of bullsh!+ and therefore seek major change, am I right?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

28 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Help me out here.  I'm confused.

I've been seeing the signs, and slogan, "No More Bullsh!+" for months.

That would imply those folks believe we are CURRENTLY in a state of bullsh!+ and therefore seek major change, am I right?

There are a lot of delusional people out there..maybe lobotomies would help them.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, David said:

Yes in the Matrix they are! :P 

Love this story and all the pictures about the Luxury years of Flying in a Boeing 377 Stratocruiser! Who knew that it only held 100 people, had beds and had a social lounge along with made to order French food. Cool read for those that would love to live and fly in the 50's. Boeing Stratocruisers were retired in 1961 as they made way for the faster and more capacity of people and freight Boeing 707 and 737.

Boeing 377 Stratocruiser: Pan Am's luxury era of overhead beds and caviar | CNN Travel

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Look up guppy and Super guppy, two derivitaves of this plane. actually derived from the Boeing B 29 bomber. Lounge downstairs is roughly where the bomb bay would have gone. 

Crew lost two engines in one of these on a flight to Hawaii, made a succesful water ditching in the pacific near amilitary ship which picked up crew and passengers, no one lost. 

Plane did not ahve a wonderfuls afety record, something likje 25 percent of them wre involved in accidents, without looking I think only 56 were built. None survive. 

49 minutes ago, balthazar said:

About the only name more generic would be 'Car Fix-It Place' :

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 12.13.46 AM.png

This rates as one of my favorite fifties cars. 

Good photograph of the chaos...

_owFHhuv?format=jpg&name=small

Just posting this because I thought itr captured a lot of emotion....I don't want to get into a political shit posting match. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Just posting this because I thought itr captured a lot of emotion....I don't want to get into a political shit posting match. 

Excellent capture of the crazy moment in time and history now. Thanks for posting.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Mentally deficient wannabe-'Patriots'...actually traitorous terrorists...hopefully a lot of this filth end up in prison.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Changing the subject, I'm not a huge fan of cats, but they can be okay.

Among cats, Russian Blues are one of the coolest breeds.  Beautiful animal.  Smart and good natured, too.

Cat-Russian_Blue-An_inquisitive_Russian_

Since I like blue merle Australian Shepherds, it would make almost sense I like this breed of cats.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Changing the subject, I'm not a huge fan of cats, but they can be okay.

Among cats, Russian Blues are one of the coolest breeds.  Beautiful animal.  Smart and good natured, too.

Cat-Russian_Blue-An_inquisitive_Russian_

Since I like blue merle Australian Shepherds, it would make almost sense I like this breed of cats.

This cat is on my bucket list of animals to have as a companion. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

My sister used to have a pair of Siamese cats--a red point and a blue point.  I liked them alot..they got along w/ the dogs she had at the time, though the dogs liked to chase them.

Sounds like fun times...

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

You know very little will, just like all of the other riots in the last few years... unfortunately. 

I know..it's unfortunate...these cosplaying clowns need to be dealt with.  Did you see the Buffalo guy? 

GettyImages-1294933283-766x431.jpg

4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Sounds like fun times...

Yeah, she had two Siamese in Boston and moved back to Phoenix with them in '97, then got two Westies..I used to visit and the cats and dogs would glue themselves to me.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1