Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Random Thoughts Thread

26 minutes ago, balthazar said:

^ You're speaking, I will hazard to guess; about the Inauguration today?

Indeed I am, sir.  It has been a long time since we've seen people in important roles act the way they're supposed to.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, balthazar said:

Is there a pool yet for when President Harris takes over? ;) 😜

....it will be epic. Everyone will blame Hillary for Biden's death, and we will be the laughingstock of the world once again. You can't make this stuff up.  Ottawa would be cold but wonderful as a place to live. 

However, every time I think bad about my country I remember this, and feel ninfinitely better about being American. Listen to that big V8. 

• Like 1

The answer to a question no one asked, your very random thought for today. 

In terms of Dinosaurs, theya re still with us. Birds descended from them. In terms of interesting cars, they are still with us.  The interesting DNA all seems to be in motorcycles lately. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

The answer to a question no one asked, your very random thought for today. 

In terms of Dinosaurs, they are still with us. 

Dinosaurs in America.  I think about them sometimes.  Actually, the most logical ancestor would be the alligator.  When I see those bigger, older ones in some photos lazily sauntering across some golf course in Florida, I realize the dinosaur is still here.

I could suggest a good golf course or two in South Florida where these alligators can go hang out.  And I don't even golf.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Capital Hill Dealership here
image.png

Old Ford Dealership from Downtown Seattle.

image.png

Museum of History and Industry here in Seattle has started to put online their database of the auto industry in Seattle and the Auto Shows that were done here.

image.png

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Dinosaurs in America.  I think about them sometimes.  Actually, the most logical ancestor would be the alligator.  When I see those bigger, older ones in some photos lazily sauntering across some golf course in Florida, I realize the dinosaur is still here.

I could suggest a good golf course or two in South Florida where these alligators can go hang out.  And I don't even golf.

I have two sisteres that live in a golf course community in Florida. My nieces have to worry about aligators when they go to the pool. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Last old dealership for today.

image.png

Firebird in the middle, please. 

A good cover for this morning, I think. 

43 minutes ago, David said:

This is too funny of a park employing mowing and the worlds largest Salt water Croc decides he wants that ICE machine.

One more advantage of electric....with electric and water....he would make that mistake....once...

Impressive little water crossing...

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

A good cover for this morning, I think. 

Thanks for posting, they did an outstanding job as a cover band. Great start to the morning! :metal:

4 men playing to the soul of all those that love music. Multi-Cultural Greatness!

Compliment to @A Horse With No Name Cover band by the same group, excellent way to get the blood moving as you start to work.

Just learned this, very cool family.

The name REO brothers comes from their names. all five of them have first names that starts with R. Reno, Ronjoseph, Raymart, Ralph and Roymark. E is for their middle name. Evasco. and O for their family name, Otic. thats why its REO brothers. Thought i'd comment this here for those who were wondering why REO brothers.

• Agree 1

WOW, win a 2021 C8 Corvette and not realize they cannot deliver it cause the state lotto did not line up actually having one to give away.

Georgia Man Wins C8 Corvette In State Lotto, But Dealers Won't Give Him a Car (thedrive.com)

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, David said:

WOW, win a 2021 C8 Corvette and not realize they cannot deliver it cause the state lotto did not line up actually having one to give away.

Georgia Man Wins C8 Corvette In State Lotto, But Dealers Won't Give Him a Car (thedrive.com)

Covid is not helping the situation. Right after i was down at the Corvette museeum, they ahd to shut down for a week because of supplier issues. 

Kind of haunting music...

E1DAC13E-7418-479F-90BF-E8CD627EA318.jpeg

9BE501C8-0A89-49FE-A0D1-04DABF0FF886.jpeg

329A222D-7970-45A0-9281-55E045EFE41B.jpeg

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, David said:

Focus RS in that color is lustworthy. One lives in my nieghborhood. 

• Agree 1

So, in needing a distraction, I looked at one of the side boxes on the site and noticed that it's NOS's birthday today.

Happy birthday, NOS, whatever you are doing and wherever you may be.

• Agree 2

58 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Very true.  He egged on the racists who had been quiet before.  It was apparent during the 2016 campaign, with people sporting shirts saying "Build the Wall."  We sure as hell need to monitor both borders, but "building Berlin again" is not the solution.  I got an eyeful when I was on the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for fall color.  People who don't have a pot to piss in had the Trump signs on their properties, on their cars, etc.   Their ignorance is what caused people to buy into his program, just like how people in mobile home parks sent beaucoup money to Jim and Tammy Fay(e) Bakker.  

While probably not as stressful of a job, I checked and saw that Pope Francis is 84.  Ratzinger is 93.  I mean, I get your joke but I really don't understand how people are pissed that one of the most conventional and experienced people in politics is in the driver's seat as opposed to the least conventional and most polarizing person there could have been.  The one check box that's unconventional about Biden is that he's Catholic, which has not been controversial for some 4 to 5 decades.

That's just it.  If you found him despicable in "The Apprentice" and on the tabloids with society photos as you were checking out of the supermarket, you would NOT like him, or trust him, in the 2010s.  (Now, if a person did NOT find him despicable 20 to 30 years ago, then it makes me wonder about that person's critical thinking and integrity.)  He brought the style of "The Apprentice" to the White House.  It was very low class of him to do so.  I KNEW that would happen.  And people find that acceptable?  Sure, people who look like the ones from January 6 would.  It would have been entirely possible to have an "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen" persona in the White House, red or blue, that was competent and wasn't Donald Trump. 

I slept well last night.

Yes to the Firebird.  I noticed it right away.

There are 1 million alligators in Florida.  It can't be overlooked.  Yes to being cautious around pools.  And never walk your beloved dog next to any kind of water feature in some/many parts of FL, SC, NC, GA, AL, MS, LA, and TX.

When they've built out subdivisions with rec centers out at the edges of Houston, they've had to call animal control to remove alligators from their pools from time to time as well.

Tegu are invading as well. Plus the Burmese Pythons in the everglades. I love camping, but not a fan of creepy crawly things that bite. Had a good friend almost die froma brown recluse spider bite a few years ago. 

40 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

So, in needing a distraction, I looked at one of the side boxes on the site and noticed that it's NOS's birthday today.

Happy birthday, NOS, whatever you are doing and wherever you may be.

Happy Birthay indeed. 

53 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

I was arbitrarily drawing the line at about 1984, only because Geraldine Ferraro was on the ticket with Walter Mondale.  From history courses, JFK's being Catholic reportedly raised eyebrows.

I actually really liked her. Sadly, she died a few years ago. Would have been nice to have her see Kamala Harris get sworn in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

.....because the bum isn't worth anymore of my time.

Moved on to off road, camping, getting ready to take the motorcycle safety class, woodworking, reading, watching good movies, hiking, square dancing (before the pandemic) my wood turning club, tool collecting, tool restoration, drinking good wine, drinking craft beer, visiting various cities in the midwest, planning on some international travel after covid, rebuilding old friendships, growing and finding new friendships, studying architecture, studying classical art, listening to classical music, Pizza, Greek food, Thai Food, Indian Food, helping my friend rebuild a hundred year old victorian house, and attempting to get 8 hours of sleep a night. 

Did I mention good craft Beer?

Rather sadly, a young woman who is a friend of a friend just passed away in a terrible automobile accident in Indiana. Karley was 27 and leaves behind small children and a husband. 

Carpe diem, live each day to the fullest!

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

22 minutes ago, ykX said:

Guys, lets keep at least this website clear from the politics.

I get enough of that sh@t everywhere else.

Plenty of other subjects to get on each other's nerves ;)

Sadly plenty of automotive content here that gets ignored to make political posts that go nowhere.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

The weekend, hmmm.....what toys could we go play with over the weekend...?

Building an entertainment denter tomorrow with a friend for his stereo equipment in his workshop. Finishing a few other things. So tomorrow will be s shop day. About 6 or 7 tommorrow I will take a shower and read. Right now reading "On The Plain of Snakes" by Paul Theroux. 

Tonight going hiking with my wife along the river front, Columbus has some cool paved trails. Will finish tonight by finishing my laundry and reading. 

Sunday Buckeye Trail and Ash Cave hikes down in hocking hills with my wife, followed by some more reaing, I think. 

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Capitalization. Horse can't type. Needs new horse shoes on front hooves.
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, ocnblu said:

If you spent ANY time here you'd know I never initiate political discussions in here because of the stated rule AND because of idiots/morons like you.  But I do answer them if I am trolled into it.  Dullsville indeed.

Same thing I said to OldsHurst, if you ignored this shit and talked about cars....

Worthwhile, and neat.

• Agree 2

This is extremely inspring. Love the look on her face when she flies, she is very expressive. 

Her second solo landing is amazing. 

Nice to see young people work hard for a goal. 

If you don't want to watch the whole thing, skip ahead to about 2:15 and watch her face when she lands with her isntructor. 

Okay, back to cars. This never gets old, ever. 

• Agree 2

OUCH Ford, Recalling 2006 to 2012 auto's for Airbag issues. $610 Million charge.

Ford to spend $610 million to recall 3 million vehicles (cnbc.com)

QUOTE:

The impacted vehicles range from model years 2006 through 2012. They include Ford Ranger (2007-2011), Fusion (2006-2012), Edge (2007-2010), Lincoln MKZ/Zephyr (2006-2012), MKX (2007-2010), and Mercury Milan (2006-2011) vehicles.

The recall will affect approximately 2.7 million vehicles in U.S. and approximately 300,000 in Canada and other locations, the company said.

• Agree 1

Seems that a Subsidiary of Lamborghini is bringing out an updated DMC-12 auto. Whether or not it is just a tribute to the original DeLorean car or not is unknown. I do wonder if it will have a Lambo Engine, Hybrid or EV?

A new DeLorean DMC-12 seems possible as Italdesign teases future plans - Roadshow (cnet.com)

• Thanks 1

Really like this channel...thinking about getting a bike...

Neat old Chevy Camper. Girl I knew in high school, and am still friends with had their family travel all voer the US, Canada and Mexico in one of these. 

Image may contain: sky, tree, car and outdoor

Mercury Cyclone Spoiler. 

Image may contain: car, sky, tree and outdoor

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

More Montreal Botanical Guarden...I love this...

Image may contain: 1 person, plant, outdoor and nature

You know...Ive never been.  Well...Ive been there many times as a young tike 4-6 years old when my mom used to take me.  We lived a stone throw's away from there. Maybe a couple of stones throws away. But since then, I havent been.  I never took my family there.  Th Bio Dome (ex velodrome where the speed bike competitions were held at the '76 Olympics) at the footsteps of the Olympic Stadium which is just across from there. Ive taken my family to a couple of Blue Jays exhibition games AND at the Bio Dome twice...but never to the Botanical Gardens.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Looks like not one, but two snow storms on the way......

Same here, freezing weather this weekend with the start of Snow in the Mountains Saturday Night and then snow moving into the low lands for Seattle by monday.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Sounds like the second storm might be 9-13 inches...will have to ski outside... 😉 

I hope your storm does not end up arriving here in Montreal. It sounds that we might get some of that shyte here too.   Ill be listening to the weather guy speak his mind shortly.  

But then again, its been relatively snow free here so, it might not be a bad thing.  

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, David said:

Seems that a Subsidiary of Lamborghini is bringing out an updated DMC-12 auto. Whether or not it is just a tribute to the original DeLorean car or not is unknown. I do wonder if it will have a Lambo Engine, Hybrid or EV?

Uhh, DeLorean Motor Company (Humble TX) is an existing company that owns the brand/rights, the car, parts, etc, etc, and has been working toward getting their vehicle back into production again. There's not going to be any Euro- rip off version without an immediate cease & desist / lawsuit.

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 5.51.41 PM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2