Random Thoughts Thread

15 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I love seeing Maverick builds, a lot of them are quite clean and well done. Thanks. 

11 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Man, more snow...

At least it warms up soon......

Supposed to be almsot 40 Sunday hre in Columbus. 

14 hours ago, David said:

Funny how I just bought a new rack for my BBQ to do better ribs from the https://www.bbqguys.com 

image.png

and now all the ads in C&G are from the BBQ Guys. 😆

image.png

If your ever in Columbus I can take you some palces that ahve out of this world BBQ.

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Not for exhaust or any air/hydraulic system.
It's from a bygone era (tho it's still manufactured today) 🙂

Curious. 

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Some sort of air or hydraulic quick disconnect fitting 

Good guess. 

Martian Rover pics are interesting..

May be an image of text

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I'm surprised at you : it's the ultimate green method of drying clothes. 
Clotheslines will save the planet!

I have rods in the laundry room for hang drying as you never know if it will rain or not plus birds could poop on your cloths. Nope better ways even green to do it than on a cloths line in your yard especially since those cloths lines will get wet, mildew and cause health problems. PASS, HARD PASS on an out of date way to dry cloths green style.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, David said:

I have rods in the laundry room for hang drying as you never know if it will rain or not plus birds could poop on your cloths. Nope better ways even green to do it than on a cloths line in your yard especially since those cloths lines will get wet, mildew and cause health problems. PASS, HARD PASS on an out of date way to dry cloths green style.

Better to set your dryer to low heat that resort to a clothesline.

It’s SOLAR-powered tho!! No fossil fuels, no un-recyclable solar panels or wind turbines! THE ULTIMATE!!

If it rains, just leave them out there longer. If a bird poops on it- that’s nothing but organic/vegan proteins.

Hard, hard endorsement! 🤪🤪🤪

That said, the wife abandoned ours years ago. I tried to bring her back to it, but no.

• Haha 4

53 minutes ago, David said:

But I think it would dry fine in the sun...

I’ve done sheets, blankets and coats with no problem.....

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ykX said:

weather.com

So unreliable in the PNW, wife preferers her rods in the laundry room. Do agree with @riviera74 that low heat works just fine too. Yet the wife likes to hang dry certain cloths in the laundry room.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, David said:

After spending seven years in Phoenix, AZ I can say, for a fact, that my blankets will dry just as quick when hung outside from May to September as they will in any dryer.

Edited by surreal1272
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

Lately I have been getting into butter basted steaks, burgers, etc. Meat cooked in a hot cast iron skillet.

image.png

6 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

After spending seven years in Phoenix, AZ I can say, for a fact, that my blankets will dry just as quick when hung outside from May to September as they will in any dryer.

Just had to make sure no scorpions were on them when you brought them in. Bet ya do not miss those pests! 

spider GIF

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

How I'm going to pay for the GP engine rebuild: 

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 7.54.06 PM.png

You are living high on the hog...ramen noodles because of tool purchases myself...

9 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

I do hang up some items to dry in my laundry room, because if I put them in the dryer they may shrink.  

Stop eating at all of those good Clevalnd area restaurants and you may shrink yourself...!

14 minutes ago, David said:

Lately I have been getting into butter basted steaks, burgers, etc. Meat cooked in a hot cast iron skillet.

image.png

Just had to make sure no scorpions were on them when you brought them in. Bet ya do not miss those pests! 

spider GIF

I need to get myself a Lodge cast iron skillet, made in the USA. I keep meaning to do that. 

28 minutes ago, David said:

So unreliable in the PNW, wife preferers her rods in the laundry room. Do agree with @riviera74 that low heat works just fine too. Yet the wife likes to hang dry certain cloths in the laundry room.

Nothing wrong with that...

31 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

But I think it would dry fine in the sun...

I’ve done sheets, blankets and coats with no problem.....

I like the feel of air dried clothes sometimes...

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

It’s SOLAR-powered tho!! No fossil fuels, no un-recyclable solar panels or wind turbines! THE ULTIMATE!!

If it rains, just leave them out there longer. If a bird poops on it- that’s nothing but organic/vegan proteins.

Hard, hard endorsement! 🤪🤪🤪

That said, the wife abandoned ours years ago. I tried to bring her back to it, but no.

I remember my grandmothers hanging out clothes to dry. 

1 hour ago, ykX said:

weather.com

You need to quit using logic and reason if you want to fit in around here. That being said, in the 1950's, my Granbdmother started using weather.com and used it until she died...

(Sarcasm...!)

1 hour ago, David said:

...as you never know if it will rain or not plus birds could poop on your cloths. 

Just consider it an extra rinse cycle. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@A Horse With No Name Business Costco has a great $29.99 two pack of cast iron skillet pack with high heat grips. 450 in the oven or if you slip off the heat grips, can do 500 degrees and they say made in the USA. Pre-Seasoned to boot! :D 

20210202_084709.jpg

• Agree 4

53 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Wonder how this lil Chevy sounds.... 

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 1.29.37 PM.png

Bigger question, how much weight did they add to the nose to balance it and keep it from twisting over? 🤔

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Some Scenes are just so good and enjoyable to revisit from movies!

Course does not hurt that she is freakin Lovely! Such a Bad Ass Actress. Looking forward to her own Movie Black Widow!

Black Widow Final Trailer delayed due to Pandemic.

• Agree 4