Random Thoughts Thread

5 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

My cynical side sees this is as an attempt at a shakedown of  Stellantis..

Yeah. I am all for equality for every American. But the new political correctness drives me batshit insane. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 4

Interesting read on the auto industry and chip shortage and how Kia/Hyundai avoided what is hitting everyone else.

Analysis: Hyundai bought chips when rivals didn't; its assembly lines are still rolling | Reuters

10 hours ago, David said:

Jeep has a big choice ahead. Honor the Indian tribes and stop using their names on auto's or ignor them drawing rath from the tribes and people around the country and world.

In reading this story, I like the suggestion given to Jeep. Rename the auto line after national parks.

So with the parks theme, you would have it like this:

• Jeep Yellowstone
  • Jeep Yosemite
  • Jeep Denali
  • Jeep Badlands
  • Jeep Biscayne
  • Jeep Glacier
  • Jeep Olympic
  • Jeep Redwood
  • Jeep Zion

Thoughts on how Jeep should reboot their names, especially the Cherokee lineup?

What Should The Jeep Cherokee’s New Name Be? (jalopnik.com)

List of national parks of the United States - Wikipedia

Sorry, I like the original name.......

Cbs No GIF by HULU

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

50 minutes ago, David said:

Interesting read on the auto industry and chip shortage and how Kia/Hyundai avoided what is hitting everyone else.

Analysis: Hyundai bought chips when rivals didn't; its assembly lines are still rolling | Reuters

I wonder if Hyundai got those semiconductors from Samsung . . . . . .

5 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

I wonder if Hyundai got those semiconductors from Samsung . . . . . .

It is an interesting thought as usually companies cut back and they instead just happen to have the crazy idea to buy more which raises red flags. Wonder if someone at Samsung informed someone at Hyundai. 🤔

We'll gotta figure someone would start thinking of a crazy design for a Demon based auto.

Welcome to Rampage by Yasidesign.

image.png

image.png

Al Yasid (@yasiddesign) • Instagram photos and videos

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLcT-4ol2RK/

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, daves87rs said:

I just ordered an automotive battery online. Found a good deal on a AC Delco battery for my Cavalier (75 series) Wondering how it will do in shipping.....

Hopefully it will not get battered too bad.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/27/2021 at 9:01 AM, ocnblu said:

1963 Rambler 440 ~

154693060_10224718108917448_6546868117420175902_o.jpg

Always liked these....interesting little beast. 

12 hours ago, ocnblu said:

My automotive obsession of the moment:  1923 Audi Jaray ~

155092416_10225291008730549_6140053710930012584_n.jpg

That's cool!

23 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.07.32 PM.png

Hopefully my Ranger runs a long damn time....what is the news on your new truck?

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

^ Posted in '21 GMC' thread : hopefully being built in a week or 2.

Awesome. the Full size Chevy and GMC trucks are extremely popular around here, think of you and Ocn every time I see one. 

Real Irony...Tracy Gold injured her husband and young son in a drunk driving crash...

https://www.today.com/popculture/dui-charges-filed-against-tracey-gold-wbna6003321

After doing a master class acting job in a TV show, playing a girl who lost her boyfriend to a drunk driving accident. 

Wild....

Edited by A Horse With No Name
Spelling

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Might be interesting to watch- unrestored split window Stingray on eBay, stored since the early 70s :
https://www.ebay.com/itm/294038834579

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 2.19.40 PM.png

Amazing. I love this vintage of Corvette....

May be an image of text that says 'XXX Lifpee ADULT LIBRARY 一 XXX 18+ BOOKS ONLY MAGS COMMUNITY RESOURCE DVD VIDEO GIFTS Sharing is caring.'

Spay and Neuter your pets...

May be an image of cat and food

Edited by A Horse With No Name
  • Haha 1

Seems Kia is going after mini van market share by undercutting Toyota and Chrysler on price.

2022 Kia Carnival prices undercut Toyota Sienna, Chrysler Pacifica - Roadshow (cnet.com)

Tire Shine, What is your favorite and is it on this list and why?

Best tire shine spray and gel for 2021 - Roadshow (cnet.com)

• Agree 1

56 minutes ago, David said:

Seems Kia is going after mini van market share by undercutting Toyota and Chrysler on price.

2022 Kia Carnival prices undercut Toyota Sienna, Chrysler Pacifica - Roadshow (cnet.com)

Tire Shine, What is your favorite and is it on this list and why?

Best tire shine spray and gel for 2021 - Roadshow (cnet.com)

I’m not a huge shine kind of guy. Rather have them look new. I’ve put on low gloss tire shine that seems to work well......

• Thanks 1

Seems more V's are coming to Cadillac, but not Blackwing so as to not dilute the name as being the top performance auto. Seems the Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing could become the Escalade V edition which makes sense for a 3 ton auto with a .6G holding.

More Cadillac Blackwing And V-Series Models On The Way (gmauthority.com)

• Thanks 1

WOW, Must be something in the water up North in that Crazy Canada, Right @oldshurst442

Just saw this and knew everyone here would love it.

LS-Swapped Ford Mustang With 8 Turbos Is Almost Ready, We Talk to Its Creator - autoevolution

He does spend commercial time throughout his videos selling welders.

Boosted Lifestyle - YouTube

• Agree 2

WOW, Crazy but it seems that the 2021 F-150 lineup is having a serious rust problem already across the product line.

2021 Ford F-150 Owners Are Already Facing Rust, Corrosion Issues (fordauthority.com)

This is not a good thing for Ford! :( 

Rusty pools on your garage floor is NOT what a new owner wants especially after trading in his 2016 F-150 with 65,000 miles and very little rust.

FORD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, David said:

2021 F-150 lineup is having a serious rust problem

Waiting of pictures of Tacomas and Tundras from 30 years ago to say that others have rust issues too.  

Just yesterday I drove behind probably a 10 year old F-150 and the amount of rust on it was unbelievable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, David said:

WOW, Crazy but it seems that the 2021 F-150 lineup is having a serious rust problem already across the product line.

2021 Ford F-150 Owners Are Already Facing Rust, Corrosion Issues (fordauthority.com)

This is not a good thing for Ford! :( 

Rusty pools on your garage floor is NOT what a new owner wants especially after trading in his 2016 F-150 with 65,000 miles and very little rust.

FORD YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

tenor.gif?t=AAW8ix9EV0ABtYUY7QWhUQ&itemi

3 minutes ago, ykX said:

Waiting of pictures of Tacomas and Tundras from 30 years ago to say that others have rust issues too.  

Just yesterday I drove behind probably a 10 year old F-150 and the amount of rust on it was unbelievable. 

Everything rusts here in Ohio....

I love my Ranger and ykX loves his Mustang, but maybe Ford ought to try this simple way of making cars. 

May be an image of food

Pretty much Rust Proof!

11 hours ago, David said:

Seems more V's are coming to Cadillac, but not Blackwing so as to not dilute the name as being the top performance auto. Seems the Supercharged V8 in the CT5-V Blackwing could become the Escalade V edition which makes sense for a 3 ton auto with a .6G holding.

More Cadillac Blackwing And V-Series Models On The Way (gmauthority.com)

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

May be an image of food

I like those!

When you go to those chain hotels in the Lone Star state, they have self-serve waffle makers that produce waffles shaped like the state of Texas!  

Waffle.jpg

Only the strawberries for me.  Add syrup, too.

Creative, even though Texas can be self-regarding in many ways.  But it lends itself to being a waffle, unlike California and Florida!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Could Jaguar be on Deaths Door? 

Jaguar Land Rover just killed their MLA platform that the new All Electric XJ sedan was supposed to be on and is having to pay European auto commission $35 million for not meeting their 2020 required emissions target.

As such, the MLA platform death will cost Jaguar a $1.4 Billion Euro write off.

Jaguar will move forward with their EMA pure electric platform and give up on ICE and Hybrid. They also mention looking for a partner to help expand Jaguar as all products that were going to be built on the MLA platform by 2025 are now dead.

Land Rover will move forward with Hybrid / EV built off the MLA platform.

Honestly after reading this story, I question what the hell the executives are doing at JLR as there seems to be more politics and wasting of billions than a passion for building auto's.

Jaguar Land Rover Deathwatch: Hitting Reset on EV Development (thetruthaboutcars.com)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Mmm... waffles.  Ohio’s shape would lend itself to a waffle. There are probably Ohio State waffle irons. 

It would.  It has an identifiable enough shape for a waffle!

Interestingly enough, Michigan's UP, on its own, is a big time logo.  Everywhere you go when there, you see the outline of just the UP ... on t-shirts, coffee mugs, billboards, etc. etc.

As for the "Four Corners" states, not so much ...

• Agree 1

I much prefer French Toast over waffles. Pancakes a close second.

And Quebec lends itself to look like French bread dipped into egg batter perfectly...

With gobs and gobs of Quebec maple syrup and butter. With a sunny side up egg on top and bacon and ham.  Breakfast of Champions Id say! 

Qcquebec - Quebec Outline - Free Transparent PNG Download - PNGkey

The Best French Toast Recipe | A Mind "Full" Mom

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

And Quebec lends itself to look like French bread dipped into egg batter perfectly...

With gobs and gobs of Quebec maple syrup and butter. With a sunny side up egg on top and bacon and ham.  Breakfast of Champions Id say! 

We need a drooling Emoji in the default list!

In Love Malaysia GIF by Digi

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, David said:

Could Jaguar be on Deaths Door? 

Jaguar Land Rover just killed their MLA platform that the new All Electric XJ sedan was supposed to be on and is having to pay European auto commission $35 million for not meeting their 2020 required emissions target.

As such, the MLA platform death will cost Jaguar a $1.4 Billion Euro write off.

Jaguar will move forward with their EMA pure electric platform and give up on ICE and Hybrid. They also mention looking for a partner to help expand Jaguar as all products that were going to be built on the MLA platform by 2025 are now dead.

Land Rover will move forward with Hybrid / EV built off the MLA platform.

Honestly after reading this story, I question what the hell the executives are doing at JLR as there seems to be more politics and wasting of billions than a passion for building auto's.

Jaguar Land Rover Deathwatch: Hitting Reset on EV Development (thetruthaboutcars.com)

May be an image of 1 person and text that says '"Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them, then you're an asshole." ~George Carlin'

Your post is truthful, but the truth hurts...

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

If you like Ford trucks, tough to watch...

Meh, just tapped the tail of the last truck on the hauler...would have been more dramatic if it had hit in the middle of the hauler.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Meh, just tapped the tail of the last truck on the hauler...would have been more dramatic if it had hit in the middle of the hauler.

8 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Yeah, but its the drama of waiting for the inevitable...

• Agree 2

What Warren Buffett* says is a major key to success ...

(2 t's, as he is not AYCE)

I was surprised to see this, but it makes perfect sense:  the ability to say NO.

Just think how much more time and money most of us might have saved had we done more of this.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Agree 3

11 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

J'ai vraiment besoin d'aller au Quebec.  Mais je suis triste:  maintenant nous ne peuvent pas entrer.  

• Like 1

May be a cartoon of text

Ford...I was right to be angry at them...they make crappy Iphone chargers....

May be an image of text that says 'So a friend of mine works at a car dealership, a young person came in with an older car and wanted to know why his iPhone charging port is scratching his screen and not charging! 00M4 EJECT 3 SIDE 1-2 COMP ORASS TREB 。 ALITOSET TAPE FF 2 CIUC EJter 3 COMP SHUFFLE'

For those of you like Robert Hall and David that can work with computers....there are the rest of us...

May be a cartoon of text that says 'Are you sure you know how to upload the files to the cloud? 5'

• Haha 4