Jump to content
TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

Cheetah was an imposing, aggressive design, but it wasn't an official GM program.
Interesting story : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Thomas_Cheetah

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

I rarely post non-manufacturer "concept" art... but this was just dead sexy.   Cadillac could totally pull this off and make a coupe with actual distinction over something like the CLS or 6-series jellybeans.

42412943_459374181218001_4769897031470678016_o.jpg

1

I've seen that pic..it's delicious...love the squared roofline and decklid..would like to see clearly defined forms like that return...

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Was judged 953 points out of 1000. Only thing I see that seems non-stock is the chrome center caps. Up for auction at Barret-Jackson.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 8.23.32 PM.png

Sharp...do you plan to have yours look like this, or are you going to keep the patina? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do not do FaceBook or FacePlant as I call it.

Is that a Chrysler 200 face???? 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, appears to be an early Chrysler 200/aka reskinned Sebring.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Ya, ya, ya! I 've looked 2 over (exterior) and 'I got no problem wit dat' whatsoever.
Was curious about the complexity of the front end- no problem. Was curious about the front fender 'swish'- no problem.
I think it's the most striking Silverado in decades (yet I don't know WHY exactly).

I have an '04 (bought 2nd hand on '06) and I've never thought it was a "good looking" truck. Passable, decent, yet not "good".
Sat in a brand new '18 tonight, wasn't really impressed. A few features were neat, others I didn't care for.

I'm still gunning for a '19. Maybe a leftover in 12 months...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2018 at 8:35 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

42412943_459374181218001_4769897031470678016_o.jpg

For the most part, I like it.  Getting cars styled just right often comes down to millimeters.  I like the rear tail lamps, trunk lid, notchback/backlite, and turning indicators in the wheel wells.  I don't like the busy chain link grille.  Also, the size of the rear side window, belt line, and placement of the Eldorado badge could use some fine tuning, but are definitely a step in the right direction.  I'm all for grand coupes like this returning and, yes, they'd be better than the fastback jelly bean ones.  I currently own the first sedan I've ever owned because of the absence of GM coupes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'09 Malibu is gone, 9 years & 134K miles, a good car overall but started to have some minor issues at the end, decided to let it go. Going to miss one of the nicest sedan designs of that decade, IMO. Broke our SOP and kept the 'family sedan' past 110K miles. In rolls the replacement, a '16 Malibu LT, 28K miles.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ocnblu said:

WOW who wouldn't???

2018-sema-chevrolet-silverado-highcountry-concept-003-1.jpg

That picture actually reminds me of either the Toyota or Nissan full size I saw the other night and was forgettable. This truck is Meh. That front end is a busy mess. PASS. GMC is way better.

8 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

For the most part, I like it.  Getting cars styled just right often comes down to millimeters.  I like the rear tail lamps, trunk lid, notchback/backlite, and turning indicators in the wheel wells.  I don't like the busy chain link grille.  Also, the size of the rear side window, belt line, and placement of the Eldorado badge could use some fine tuning, but are definitely a step in the right direction.  I'm all for grand coupes like this returning and, yes, they'd be better than the fastback jelly bean ones.  I currently own the first sedan I've ever owned because of the absence of GM coupes.

I think you hit this right on, tweaks is all that is needed, the only thing I am puzzled by is your comment on the busy grill. Is there a front facing image that shows this differently as I do not see the grill in this side profile as busy.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dfelt said:

That front end is a busy mess. PASS. GMC is way better.

step brothers yep GIF

16 minutes ago, balthazar said:

I do think Ram is the best looker of the 4, but in a way, I find the Silvie the boldest.

That's like saying the Prius is the boldest hybrid... They're both "bold" in the same way.

Prius1.jpg

Prius2.jpg

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ccap41 said:

I would not. Ram and F150 look soooooo much better than the Silverado. 

I actually agree with you. Don't faint but I also really like the looks of the Ford super duty.

14 hours ago, balthazar said:

'09 Malibu is gone, 9 years & 134K miles, a good car overall but started to have some minor issues at the end, decided to let it go. Going to miss one of the nicest sedan designs of that decade, IMO. Broke our SOP and kept the 'family sedan' past 110K miles. In rolls the replacement, a '16 Malibu LT, 28K miles.

Congrats...and still no Challenger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, A Horse With No Name said:

I actually agree with you. Don't faint but I also really like the looks of the Ford super duty.

The Super Dirty is a hit or miss to me. Some trims it looks really good and others it looks tacky and almost cheap for how much truck you're getting. 

This reminds me, I'm really intrigued about the new HD's from Ram and Chevy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ccap41 said:

That's like saying the Prius is the boldest hybrid... They're both "bold" in the same way.

Listen bub- I've got a hard crush developing, so you're not going to be able to tell me anything. ;)

Seriously, I don't see them the same at all. Prius looks like someone reversed the crusher lever before it got irreversibly mashed.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Listen bub- I've got a hard crush developing, so you're not going to be able to tell me anything. ;)

Seriously, I don't see them the same at all. Prius looks like someone reversed the crusher lever before it got irreversibly mashed.

 

2 minutes ago, balthazar said:

 

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 5.20.20 PM.png

Yup. The're both pretty ugly.. The Chevy looks much better with the chrome bar body color as it seems to hide some of the nastiness going on around the headlight/fender area. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

 

Yup. The're both pretty ugly.. The Chevy looks much better with the chrome bar body color as it seems to hide some of the nastiness going on around the headlight/fender area. 

They both are trying too hard stylistically to be weird.   The previous gen Silverado was at it's best in 14-15, then it got overly busy w/ the '16 MCE.  The new one just has too many fussy front end details and random contours on the fenders, IMO.  I like the front end styling on the '14-15 and the previous generation from around 2010. Clean, no nonsense.  Not trying to be agressively wierd.

2010-chevrolet-silverado 1500 extended cab-frontside_cts1e101.jpg

images-20.jpeg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

'10-15s are too safe and BO-RING. '10 looks good above the bumper, but the bumper with those cinder blocks on either ends just doesn't look integrated. Also always looks like it's tipping forward/loose. I have no complaints about the '15, but it's time to stir things up. Remember the Silverado MCE recently where people were wondering if 'Chevy went far enough / won't look new' to too many people? Ta-da!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 155 Guests (See full list)



About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...