TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

58 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Saw Mitsu Lancer with a Plymouth 'GTX" badge on the back.

Interesting...a related bit of trivia--around 30 years ago the Mitsubishi Galant was sold in Canada badged as the Dodge 2000 GTX and Eagle 2000 GTX.

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I saw two on the road just today here in SE PA.

But was the body still 100% in tact or rust holes everywhere. I hear the Salt Brine there loves to eat auto's for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. :P 

Well they were on the road.  I did not see rust holes on them, but I also did not dive my Jeep across traffic in front of them, run them in the ditch, and force them to let me do a thorough visual and tactile inspection.  All I know is, I still see a good number of ZR2 pickups and Blazers in my corner of the world.  They are loved.

• Upvote 2

On 2/15/2019 at 6:48 PM, Drew Dowdell said:

I can hear it rusting from here. 

Yeah, they were bad-but boy do I miss my s10 though......

• Upvote 1

2020 GMC Acadia AT4.  You can see it's lifted with all-terrain tires, with a new front end and taillights.  It also has the Terrain's shifter set-up.

GMC-Acadia-2020-1024-02.jpg

GMC-Acadia-2020-1024-03.jpg

• Upvote 1

Front end looks better than the current Acadia, grille would be nicer without those stupid tabs on the bottom of the grille surround, though....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

2020 GMC Acadia AT4.  You can see it's lifted with all-terrain tires, with a new front end and taillights.  It also has the Terrain's shifter set-up.

GMC-Acadia-2020-1024-02.jpg

GMC-Acadia-2020-1024-03.jpg

Just saw this on GMC Instagram story and love the black chrome grill. Best looking in a long time. AT4 Rocks! :metal: 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dfelt said:

Just saw this on GMC Instagram story and love the black chrome grill. Best looking in a long time. AT4 Rocks! :metal: 

Pun not intended I am sure.

So, if everyone's tax refunds are so low this year, what's going to happen to consumer spending when people can't afford those "tax refund specials" you see advertised for furniture and cars? Will we see a slump come April and May?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

So, if everyone's tax refunds are so low this year, what's going to happen to consumer spending when people can't afford those "tax refund specials" you see advertised for furniture and cars? Will we see a slump come April and May?

Totally expected, I know I did my Son and Daughters Tax refund and it is next to nothing even with their student loan interest and other deductibles, they are only getting a few hundred dollars back. Both my kids have said they are putting it towards bills and will not be buying anything this year like in years past when they would put the bulk towards their debt and still buy something for themselves.

I expect the Tax Refund Specials to fall on on their faces and we will not be seeing the spending of tax refunds like in years past. This will long term change the way people spend money and how they handle debt.

Or they could have just put the extra money they kept in their paychecks all year in the bank toward that new car, or warshing machine, or whatever...

• Thanks 1