TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

That Hellephant 426     :lovey:

That and the SD455 from Trans Am Depot/Worldwide

Just about my two favorite crate motors today!!!

So with Toyota finally getting rid of the hoary, terrible Prius C in lieu of a Corolla Hybrid, does this mean a Corolla Hatchback Hybrid is on the docket?  Because I imagine Prius C owners will miss the hatchback's versatility.

Wow, cool that Allpar is including Kaiser in their heritage.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, ocnblu said:

So with Toyota finally getting rid of the hoary, terrible Prius C in lieu of a Corolla Hybrid, does this mean a Corolla Hatchback Hybrid is on the docket?  Because I imagine Prius C owners will miss the hatchback's versatility.

The RAV4 has a hybrid. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

The RAV4 has a hybrid. 

Yes but most Prius owners want to BE SEEN as green.  A RAV4 hybrid does not signal such virtues like a Prius.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure the 'seen as green' thing is much of a thing anymore WRT the prius. Used to hear plenty of chatter along those lines, I don't anymore. Seems now more like 'yeah, yeah, you got a prius' So what?
- - - - -

Screen Shot 2019-02-24 at 7.58.12 PM.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 1

The Prius is kind a last decade phenomenon...hybrids are old news now;  battery EVs are the 'green thing' now..

Then there is the Mirai...more exotic technically and weirder looking than the Prius.

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Yes but most Prius owners want to BE SEEN as green.  A RAV4 hybrid does not signal such virtues like a Prius.

Yeah, I agree. I was just pointing out that Prius owners have another vehicle under the same brand that is a hybrid and hatchback. 

• Like 1

A bit of a random anecdote relating to Priuses..

I talked w/ a buddy of mine in Colorado recently...10 years back, he had a Prius as his commuter car --had a 100 mile commute daily...(he also got a Challenger SRT when they first came out for a weekend car), now he has a Tesla Model 3 as the commuter car and a Challenger Hellcat as his weekend car.. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

A bit of a random anecdote relating to Priuses..

I talked w/ a buddy of mine in Colorado recently...10 years back, he had a Prius as his commuter car --had a 100 mile commute daily...(he also got a Challenger SRT when they first came out for a weekend car), now he has a Tesla Model 3 as the commuter car and a Challenger Hellcat as his weekend car.. 

Sounds like a financially successful individual. Good for them. 👍

On 2/24/2019 at 12:03 AM, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 9.58.05 AM.png

Good old Olds!

54 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Ford had an Ad spot addressing this for the Ford Escape Hybrid years ago.

On 2/23/2019 at 8:03 PM, ocnblu said:

The problem is the Pruis C is small. Even with the seats down you don't get a lot of cargo room. 

• Upvote 1

I’m surprised Toyota hasn’t done a Prius crossover.  

Just now, Robert Hall said:

I’m surprised Toyota hasn’t done a Prius crossover.  

There was talk about turning Prius into its own sub-brand under Toyota  (Toyota Highlander Prius anyone?)... but now with the Prius C and Prius V going away/gone, that doesn't seem to be panning out. 

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

There was talk about turning Prius into its own sub-brand under Toyota  (Toyota Highlander Prius anyone?)... but now with the Prius C and Prius V going away/gone, that doesn't seem to be panning out. 

Why bother when they can just apply the Prius technology to their existing Toyota lineup and give the customers who want Hybrids, hybrids or EVs on the same named and looking platform as those that want their ICE auto.

I think a Prius sub-brand would be killed just like Toyota's last sub-brand.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dfelt said:

Why bother when they can just apply the Prius technology to their existing Toyota lineup and give the customers who want Hybrids, hybrids or EVs on the same named and looking platform as those that want their ICE auto.

I think a Prius sub-brand would be killed just like Toyota's last sub-brand.

It depends on how they went about it.  If they just used Prius as a name for their Hybrids, that probably would have been fine. "Toyota Highlander Prius" rolls off the tongue easier than Toyota Highlander with Hybrid Synergy Drive.

If they created a whole separate model lineup for Prius like they did for Scion, then no, I don't think that would have worked out, especially now with everyone introducing hybrid versions of everything. 

• Thanks 1