TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Wife & I just had a difference of opinion, so I thought I'd ask here. I won't say which side of the question I was on.

If a man was to say to a woman "You're a lot to visually process"... would that be considered offensive, or just 'neutral'?

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Wife & I just had a difference of opinion, so I thought I'd ask here. I won't say which side of the question I was on.

If a man was to say to a woman "You're a lot to visually process"... would that be considered offensive, or just 'neutral'?

Toughie...

It all dépends on the context and tone of voice, I guess.

Picture a Sam Malone of Cheers fame. Or Dan Fielding of Night Court fame. In other words, a man whore. A lothario.

A woman walks into a bar, but she is NOT sleazily dressed, normal attire waiting for her girlfriends/boyfriend/working collègues to arrive and this cruizer guy strikes up a conversation and it lends to say to her "You're a lot to visually process"...

In today's PC, #metoo, world, not a flattering thing to say.

Hell, in that scenario that I described, even in the loosey goosey era of the 1970s and 1980s, it be a hard sell...

Same scenario, but the girl looks lke she wants to be picked up by a guy to have a one night stand (does that even happen anymore?) I dont think its offensive.

But, if two friends are talking. Two very good friends, when consensuel flirtation has taken place many times before, I do not see any harm there.  Especially if the lady has worn something tres tres sexy, not necessarily anything revealing, but tres tres sexy, I dont think its offensive at all...

If two not so quite friendly acquaintances but friends just the same are talking and  are together in a casual surrounding and there has been some very mild flirtations going on, and the guy says that...in a very funny and charming way, not harmful at all. But if he says that staring at the girls breasts, drooling like a pig, well...offensive.

Now...if the lady happens to be..fat.  Well...not a very nice thing to say, no matter what the tone suggests.

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 1

Korea Cadillac is now doing a live introduction to the market of the CT6 sedan.

Screenshot_20190310-190417_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 1

My daughter hitting 177 Miles per hour in a 911 GT3 at a Las Vegas Exotics experience. I guess all that autocross time paid off for her...

19 hours ago, balthazar said:

Depends on the woman.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, balthazar said:

In the 70's, hell even in the 80's depending on dress and environment it could be fine. In todays world of the #metoo movement, nope, would be taken as offensive no matter the tone. 

Would be better to just be honest if what the person is wearing is not pleasing to the eyesight or just call it beautiful if that is what your looking at.

Sadly todays politically correct world we live in is just sucking big time.

• Upvote 1

A lot of money just sitting here....

58 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

A lot of money just sitting here....

I remember reading about that....speaking of NASCAR, I'd like to visit the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte. 

My blurry morning vision read that as Nescafé and I'm sitting here wondering why there are race cars in a coffee shop.... 

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.55.36 AM.png

Did that start life as a hearse/ambulance?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 10.55.36 AM.png

That is a super sexy Cadillac. Todays auto's are truly missing that interior room with comfort.

I can't find the original post to quote it... but the issue with changing from page to page should be fixed now. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Did that start life as a hearse/ambulance?

No- coachbuilt purposely as a wagon. Standard wheelbase, standard height roof.

Hearses almost always were on extended wheelbase commercial chassis'. Here, rear door is stretched (and suicided), and there's still a foot of space between it & the rear wheelwell ~

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 11.34.29 AM.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

My blurry morning vision read that as Nescafé and I'm sitting here wondering why there are race cars in a coffee shop.... 

Marketing, I guess...the local Quaker Steak & Lube here has several NASCAR and Indy Cars along w/ racing memorabilia on display...

31 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Marketing, I guess...the local Quaker Steak & Lube here has several NASCAR and Indy Cars along w/ racing memorabilia on display...

no no... I misread Nascar Cafe as Nescafé, which is a type of instant coffee. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Drew Dowdell said:

no no... I misread Nascar Cafe as Nescafé, which is a type of instant coffee. 

Heh-heh...now there is a high concept...an instant coffee cafe....

• Like 1

I do like having more daylight in the evenings w DST.  Went down to the lake after work this evening.  

501D02B6-8EE2-42DB-B4C3-DDB9B7A9CA29.jpeg

6876331C-E1E3-4F4B-92C1-DA0AB458AE8B.jpeg

1CA421F4-8177-48E2-820A-3F49E396B9D3.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LOL the Ram e-Torque is such a load of BS... rated for 22 MPG, gets 16.8 in real world, purpose-driven MPG loop by these guys... mighty little Chevy 2.7 got over 24!  And right now Ram has suspended availability of the e-Torque Hemi in the Rebel and 1500 Off-Road package trucks!  I told you guys it was a scam!  :roflmao:

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

LOL the Ram e-Torque is such a load of BS... rated for 22 MPG, gets 16.8 in real world, purpose-driven MPG loop by these guys... mighty little Chevy 2.7 got over 24!  And right now Ram has suspended availability of the e-Torque Hemi in the Rebel and 1500 Off-Road package trucks!  I told you guys it was a scam!  :roflmao:

Poorly designed and you get poor results. They rushed it and they have egg on their face. This does not mean it does not offer other benefits such as better torque from zero over ICE only.

• Haha 1

Stick a Fork in it! :deadhorse: