Jump to content
TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Right.  I may have even test driven this car (road hum, if I recall) when it was released.  They can work with this and the 1999 concept and bring it forward to 2020 or 2021.  If they plan to keep the law enforcement market, the size and shape of the greenhouse will be critical.

Well, they have gone a different direction w/ the Charger...I don't think we will see ideas from 2 decades ago re-surfacing..

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Friend of mine just bought a CPO 2018 Audi. After the fact, they are offering them a 4yr all maintenance paid for only $1000. While sounds like a good deal, he sent me the PDF they sent him and am shocked at an auto line of products that has to have so much done in service every year. This alone makes Audi a NO GO for me no matter what even the electric as I see 1980's thinking here in service of an auto.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Robert Hall I hope it's a good direction, whatever it may be.  They are keeping the lid on this next design real tight. 

Meanwhile, the prospective solutions for Lordstown (previous home of the Cruze) will certainly not be a "one size fits all" solution.  Some do not know and/or do not trust the possible new tenant, a manufacturer of electrical "mobility" products.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trinacriabob said:

@Robert Hall I hope it's a good direction, whatever it may be.  They are keeping the lid on this next design real tight. 

Meanwhile, the prospective solutions for Lordstown (previous home of the Cruze) will certainly not be a "one size fits all" solution.  Some do not know and/or do not trust the possible new tenant, a manufacturer of electrical "mobility" products.

I have a feeling there won't be a 'next design' anytime soon...I think they will just keep upgrading the current model indefinitely, along w/ the Challenger...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, balthazar said:

I have no idea what's going on here; someone really loved their '58 DeSoto so much they wanted it in their living room? 

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 10.34.53 PM.png

4th floor garage? Looks like another one above it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I have a feeling there won't be a 'next design' anytime soon...I think they will just keep upgrading the current model indefinitely, along w/ the Challenger...

I could be o.k. with that.  Sort of.

Also, David Beckham can't drive for 6 months.  Great to see he's not above the law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Well, they have gone a different direction w/ the Charger...I don't think we will see ideas from 2 decades ago re-surfacing..

IMO, the '96 ESX is still more advanced/ futuristic than both the current Charger and every other sedan on the market. It's not so much 'an idea from 20 yrs ago' as it is 'an idea that still hasn't arrived yet'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

IMO, the '96 ESX is still more advanced/ futuristic than both the current Charger and every other sedan on the market. It's not so much 'an idea from 20 yrs ago' as it is 'an idea that still hasn't arrived yet'.

It was a great design, quite futuristic and the Powertrain was an advanced hybrid IIRC.  But I don’t see FCA going back to the future.  Maybe the next Charger will be a crossover sedan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

It was a great design, quite futuristic and the Powertrain was an advanced hybrid IIRC.  But I don’t see FCA going back to the future.  Maybe the next Charger will be a crossover sedan. 

But they already have that, the Durango.

I could see something like this for the next refresh of the charger.

See the source image

Or do you mean something like this? ;)

See the source image

Course they could go the V60 or V90 Crossover route but then just might as well bring back the Eagle. :P 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ew, toilet articles?

Ardmore, PA... cool!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2019 at 9:21 AM, dfelt said:

Friend of mine just bought a CPO 2018 Audi. After the fact, they are offering them a 4yr all maintenance paid for only $1000. While sounds like a good deal, he sent me the PDF they sent him and am shocked at an auto line of products that has to have so much done in service every year. This alone makes Audi a NO GO for me no matter what even the electric as I see 1980's thinking here in service of an auto.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Never in a million years. Audi can keep that nonsense. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Young ocnblu, ready to decorate a Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte he just baked ~ 

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 9.35.34 PM.png

 

- - - - 
Man, does she look pissed… that his hair looks so much better than hers! 

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 12.02.10 AM.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still wear pants like that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On May 9, 2019 at 11:29 AM, Robert Hall said:

...I don't think we will see ideas from 2 decades ago re-surfacing..

You mean new inline 6 cylinder gas engines? Ooops- that's a 10 decade old idea. ;)
- - - - -
Vacation time- don't forget your sunglasses, Dad!

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 10.26.23 PM.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, balthazar said:

You mean new inline 6 cylinder gas engines? Ooops- that's a 10 decade old idea. ;) 

Odd..I didn't say anything about engines..was talking about the Intrepid cab forward styling and Dodge sedans; i.e. wherever Dodge goes next it isn't going to be the 90s styling themes..not going 'back to the future'.. ;)

Edited by Robert Hall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all...

Been lurking for a while for many reasons, some really stupid and others really scary.

I also face an existential crisis here. Car is benched. Have lost interest in driving. Moving cities, changing career, moving away from all family and friends in a couple months.

Reflecting on my interest in autos... I just like the pictures. There’s nothing about sporty or good looking or well made cars that make me want to open my wallet for ‘em. Have lost any loyalty to any brand completely.

Anyways I might post in other threads but for now feel kinda lame. Be back whenever...

 

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upheaval is almost always unsettling. Stay healthy & aware, Suaviloquent, here's to hoping everything goes smooth.

As far as loyalty goes, look at me : I'm loyal to Pontiac and vehicles made before 1970. I've been out of the 'loop' for 50 years! lol
- - - - - 

Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 1.35.54 AM.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Suaviloquent said:

Hello all...

Been lurking for a while for many reasons, some really stupid and others really scary.

I also face an existential crisis here. Car is benched. Have lost interest in driving. Moving cities, changing career, moving away from all family and friends in a couple months.

Reflecting on my interest in autos... I just like the pictures. There’s nothing about sporty or good looking or well made cars that make me want to open my wallet for ‘em. Have lost any loyalty to any brand completely.

Anyways I might post in other threads but for now feel kinda lame. Be back whenever...

 

 

 

Sounds like a lot going on at a time. I can understand.....

I felt like that a while back....couldn’t find the point in caring about my hobbies. I would give it time, and wait for things to settle down a bit. Hope all this stuff happening works out for you, and you have some good stories to tell...

Sending some good vibes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

60618171_10219288094661449_8334595157005434880_n.jpg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

^ Another rare pic of Bill so old it may have been during the first few years of color film (note buses seemingly from the late 1920s in background). 
- - - - - 
Modified Auburn Speedster ~ 

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 10.06.12 PM.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cabin-to-body ratio on that custom is outrageous...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...