TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Dwight was right... the 2.7L 4 is versatile.  That CT4-V is a jewel.  Cannot wait to see the green color mentioned.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Working out at 24hr fitness, Ellen show is on, young couple just won a new blazer RS. GM is giving 1 a week away over the summer on the show in a random drawing at the end. 

Best GM marketing I have seen in a while. Reminds me of the Oprah G6 car give away to the whole audience years ago. Should drive traffic into Chevrolet show rooms.

Ummmm...Pontiac died a few years after that...

You sure its a good idea???

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, balthazar said:

That's like a triple workout.
- - - - - 

Screen Shot 2019-05-27 at 10.14.49 PM.png

maxmain.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

This came up the Hemmings newsletter today, pretty interesting read...not familiar w/ the Fageol Supersonic.  (though I'd heard of the truck and bus company).

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/05/31/split-apart-stolen-and-misidentified-fageols-supersonic-pataray-led-a-tortured-existence/?refer=news

Pataray_01-970x495.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

This came up the Hemmings newsletter today, pretty interesting read...not familiar w/ the Fageol Supersonic.

Yes you were ~

On May 7, 2019 at 8:53 AM, balthazar said:
Edited by balthazar

My Jeepiat center armrest has turnt creaky.  Peeves me.  If I wanted a Mercedes, I would have leased one.

Maybe you can "put the make" on her?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

My Jeepiat center armrest has turnt creaky.  Peeves me.  If I wanted a Mercedes, I would have leased one.

LoL...I get some squeaks and creaks from my Jeep armrest and dash...rough potholed roads around here...

Posted (edited)

This business is still in business, right near me. I doubt this truck is still in service ~

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 10.27.28 PM.png

Another classy, attractive dame with great taste in cars ~ 

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 10.42.28 PM.png

7 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Maybe you can "put the make" on her?

Happily. Oh, and; cherries. ;) I guess they could be tomatoes, but she's a tomato, so it's all still good.

Edited by balthazar

Yeah...cherries...

They way she's lookin' at the camera, her cherry has been p...let's just say that she fooled many at the alter by wearing white...

Im gonna telll you a story, a little story about Gloria. 

Down by the river, there was a girl named Gloria.

Gloria seems like she is always on the run. Running after somebody thinking that she'll get him somehow. She needs to slow down because she will start to blow it.  She is definitely  heading for a breakdown.  

Gloria is one frustrated woman....she MUST be from Boston!!!

Image result for go boston bruins gif

4 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

Imagine a derailment. 

Ouch

See- volvo made a solid effort to compete in the US market, but couldn't pull the trigger. Instead they've been scratching & clawing for measly sales, building butt-ugly lunch boxes no one wanted / never was cool for DECADES afterward. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 11.15.11 PM.png

• Sad 1

Volkswagen has the same problem.  U.S. superfans want VW to sell their Euro models here, all of them, without modification... but would that translate into sales beyond those "superfans"?  There is an argument to be made about carmakers staying true to spirit and letting that truth find a customer base, however limited.  The infamous, dumbed down Pennsylvania Rabbits come to mind, and since then, VW has sort of lost its mojo... by trying to Americanize itself.  Quite the conundrum, imo.

That Volvo does look like a Kaiser, it is appealing in an American sort of way... but is it a VOLVO that stays true?

Posted (edited)

'Staying true' - business doesn't commonly survive long term doing whatever that is. VW was always a dirt cheap, static, air-cooled product- where's that / who wants that?
- - - - -

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 7.37.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 4.52.38 PM.png

Edited by balthazar

3 minutes ago, balthazar said:

'Staying true' - business doesn't commonly survive long term doing whatever that is. VW was always a dirt cheap, static, air-cooled product- where's that / who wants that? 

VW hasn't had air-cooled models in the US in 40 years...that's a very dated image. 

Volvo's brand identity in the US is safety?  Coming at a time when folk like Ralph Nader are making headlines?  

Would that be an accurate statement?  I would think so.   

Volvo was a pioneer in safety.  Volvo made a huge name for itself because of safety.  

Yes, their cars were dull also at a time when Detroit was selling style at a time when folk like Nader was voicing a loud...voice. At a time when the automobile was just starting to be seen as an evil entity...at a time when world politics was at fever pitch.

This is when VW also started to become popular with a subset of Americans opposing world stage politics...

Is THAT a fair assessment?

Anyway...

I would never buy a Volvo...but there are a couple of models in their history that I think are cool that do an excellent job of being...Swedish.   

Image result for volvo p 1800

Related image

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

VW hasn't had air-cooled models in the US in 40 years...that's a very dated image. 

OK- strike the air-cooled part. Now tell me how the Phaeton worked with the rest & how it worked out.