TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

21 hours ago, regfootball said:

i think there is less room in the stinger than the optima

Cadillac has become a trim level.  that approach may work, but i would like to see more high power offerings in their product line.. Cadillacs should not lean so much on the corporate 3.6 and now the 2.0 turbos.  The 2.7t is a nice choice for Ct4-v but then why not make it standard motor in the XT5, CT6, should be an alternate powertrain in XT4 also.

After all this time, GM still doesn't update its products fast enough.

How often is GM supposed to update its vehicles? Every single year?  NOBODY Does that, not even Japan or Korea Inc.

Cadillac has become a trim level. . . . . really?  If true, then is a Yukon Denali better than an Escalade? 

What Cadillac does need is some significant distance between itself and GM corporate.  Better engines and much better interiors exclusive to Cadillac come to mind.  Cadillac does require a unique selling point to draw people away from Lexus and the Germans period.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

Gas tank gone, trunk floor gone, frame rails gone. Exhaust must've been aluminized…  

Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 10.13.13 AM.png

HIGH4602_391030.jpg

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, surreal1272 said:

I agree about the visibility. The back window has very little viewing height to it. I liked everything else about the interior though but I get people’s gripe about the vents. They are not everyone’s cup of tea. 

Circular vents really depend on the overall dash design.  On the venerable '76 Cutlass Supreme, they looked great.  On the '04 to '07 Pontiac Grand Prix, they really looked great.  Loved that dash board, except for the orange back lighting and the low build quality of the materials.  I think it has to do with the shape of the dash AND how the circular vents are distributed and placed across the dash. 

HOW DID YOU DO THAT!?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/finance/plummeting-confidence-in-broader-us-economy-drives-decline-in-economic-sentiment-index/ar-AAG1vKo?li=BBnb7Kz

The various indicators over the last 3 to 9 months are very interesting. Gonna be watching this come December to see where we are at.

*rolleyes*

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 8/17/2019 at 9:12 PM, regfootball said:

Cadillac has become a trim level.  that approach may work, but i would like to see more high power offerings in their product line.. Cadillacs should not lean so much on the corporate 3.6 and now the 2.0 turbos.  The 2.7t is a nice choice for Ct4-v but then why not make it standard motor in the XT5, CT6, should be an alternate powertrain in XT4 also.

After all this time, GM still doesn't update its products fast enough.

Cadillac will need to overhaul its design vocabulary sooner than later.  It did a formidable job of this, having come from trunks and deck lids that were too long, fins, and engines with over 400 cubic inches.*  However, Cadillac's current styling is etched in consumers' heads as "oh, it's a Cadillac," which is not necessarily a bad thing (thinking of the CT6 et. al.)  It will still need to reinvent its own wheel.

* I think I told you all about a black woman named Velma I worked with as a teen who had this beautiful Cadillac Coupe de Ville.  It was a '78.  Of the '77/'78/'79 grouping, the '78 was the best looking.  Hers was the extra cost Cerise Firemist Metallic with a burgundy landau and a burgundy interior.  Too bad it had wire wheels instead of some more toned down Cadillac alloys.  I told her she had a 425 under the hood and showed her some features on her car. I also helped this other lady in the office buy a smaller Cutlass Supreme coupe instead of a Monte Carlo coupe and she was real happy with it.  These ladies liked me, for some reason.  We had one of those hippiesh office to office lunch vendors working out of some wicker basket who came around daily and she was from Germany.  They howled at my German accent impersonation.  Everybody was given carte blanche to be a little crazy in SoCal.  Those were the days, baby.

Whereas I couldn't tie break between which GM car I wanted in the past, I am now hard pressed to find a GM car I want to own.   I am not a happy camper in this regard.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 1

If you want a car, get a CT6 if you can afford it.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, riviera74 said:

If you want a car, get a CT6 if you can afford it.

I cannot.  I think that, right now, a CT6 with a 3.6 would be the closest thing to a GM heirloom.  I know that it would be wonderful for about 7 years and then give me fits with all the expensive gadgetry that will go sideways every other month after that.  

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

I cannot.  I think that, right now, a CT6 with a 3.6 would be the closest thing to a GM heirloom.  I know that it would be wonderful for about 7 years and then give me fits with all the expensive gadgetry that will go sideways every other month after that.  

That’s pretty much every car these days with a few exceptions. All new tech now comes with old tech hassles seven years from then. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

That’s pretty much every car these days with a few exceptions. All new tech now comes with old tech hassles seven years from then. 

Heck at the pace we are going it could roll into a every 90 days pushed updates due to a security, browsing or some other functional issue bug. lol

Just reboot the auto and all will be ok. :P 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I read that the Italian government "officially" collapsed.  I don't exactly know what it means.  But is it any surprise, given that they've changed presidents and prime ministers as frequently as normal people change their underwear?

Sad.  You put the synergistic force of a bunch of pompous Italian bureaucrats who like to hear themselves talk in one big room and you expect something to get done?

17 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Don't like the 300? They can be had for not much money at all on the CPO market. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ccap41 said:

Love it, big bright and I can run over all the slow assholes in the left lane.

Plus it has a nice unique humm. For sure not quiet. :P Should be big enough for me to drive comfy! :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, surreal1272 said:

Wonder if I can get financing on one of those. Traffic jams and being “green” will never be the same again!

Banks will let you finance anything these days if they think they can make money off you! lol 

1 hour ago, ykX said:

I wonder if it will be spacious enough for him, might be tight on headroom ...

I love this so much! 🤣🤣

48 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Love it, big bright and I can run over all the slow assholes in the left lane.

Plus it has a nice unique humm. For sure not quiet. :P Should be big enough for me to drive comfy! :D 

I'm just impressed it can regen enough on its way down that it doesn't need to recharge, ever. 

Now this is the perfect use of the current EV technology on the industrial level. 

• Upvote 1

For $148,000 you can buy yourself a fully loaded Rubicon Gladiator converted into a Hellcat swapped Gladiator pickup.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/29509/is-this-dealerships-707-hp-hellcat-swapped-2020-jeep-gladiator-really-worth-148k