TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

So was playing with my insurance online, getting sample quotes based on VIN numbers of the cars on sale nearby.  Very interesting numbers:

2017 Shelby GT350 is $200 a year more to insure than 2018 Mustang GT, which in turn $20 more expensive to insure than 2017 Corvette Grand Sport ( biggest surprise for me) which is only $30 a year more to insure than 2019 Miata RF Club.

Is Corvette so cheap to insure because only retirees are buying them and than driving them 10mph under the speed limit?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Or.... are miata drivers that reckless/poor drivers that their accident rate pushes them into Corvette territory? 😉

Actually, Miata's price was just $20 more expensive than 2016 Mazda 6.

It is definitely the Corvette :)

Just for the hell of it put BMW M4 and that was $400 more expensive a year than GT350 and over $600 more expensive than GS. 

I tend to think the Insurance business knows that young men can afford a used Miata and will attempt to make it a street racer with a fart can attached and as such charge more than the older men who can afford the corvette.

13 minutes ago, dfelt said:

I tend to think the Insurance business knows that young men can afford a used Miata and will attempt to make it a street racer with a fart can attached and as such charge more than the older men who can afford the corvette.

So Mazda 6 is also a racer car?

Funny how GM fanboys operate.

Shelby GT350 is $60k and up car, pretty much in the same territory price wise as C7 Corvette and C7 Grand Sport has higher level of performance than Shelby.

Edited by ykX
  • Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Sometimes I think the insurance biz operates on another plane. Their numbers can be puzzling.

So, kind of like...KBB... 

52 minutes ago, ykX said:

So Mazda 6 is also a racer car?

Funny how GM fanboys operate.

Shelby GT350 is $60k and up car, pretty much in the same territory price wise as C7 Corvette and C7 Grand Sport has higher level of performance than Shelby.

:rofl:

Yup, the Mazda 6 get the ricer treatment here in the PNW just as much as the Miata. I think it is a culture thing of the Asian community here. You also see ricer Acura's, Toyota's, Seems if it is from Japan, they get the fart can, fast n furious applied graphics and some attempt at tune.

They are funny,

Thank you, never considered myself a Fanboy, but ok, if that is what you want to call it. 😛 

I see as many riced out Mazda 6's as I do Impalas/Malibus/Fusions/Camrys/Legacies/Optimas/Accords(post 90's). 

You may not be a fanboy but "heavily leaning". 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I see as many riced out Mazda 6's as I do Impalas/Malibus/Fusions/Camrys/Legacies/Optimas/Accords(post 90's). 

You may not be a fanboy but "heavily leaning". 

:lol: I guess so since I do have mostly GM auto's, but then I keep my hand in others too as the family has 2 dodges and 1 jeep. 😛 

40 minutes ago, dfelt said:

:rofl:

Yup, the Mazda 6 get the ricer treatment here in the PNW just as much as the Miata. I think it is a culture thing of the Asian community here. You also see ricer Acura's, Toyota's, Seems if it is from Japan, they get the fart can, fast n furious applied graphics and some attempt at tune.

They are funny,

Thank you, never considered myself a Fanboy, but ok, if that is what you want to call it. 😛 

Just for you I went online again and quoted compatible 2016 Malibu instead of Mazda 6.

Guess what, Malibu is $30 more expensive per year than Mazda 6

But thank you very much for proving my point :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

It isn't about what one owns. It's more in how a vehicle and brand is defended and excused of flaws. 

We'll lately, no excuse for some of the crappy approach to GM's auto's and sucky packages of options.

5 hours ago, balthazar said:

Or.... are miata drivers that reckless/poor drivers that their accident rate pushes them into Corvette territory? 😉

Actually my Miata was dead cheap to insure. an F150 crew cab was more than a vette or Mustang gt when I checked.

1 hour ago, Drew Dowdell said:

My toronado costs $100 a year to insure. 😛

Classic car insurance is the bomb...of course no one ever drove them like the Vette or Stang.

image.png

One of the best things posted yet...

I think I am in love and lust....

16 hours ago, Drew Dowdell said:

My toronado costs $100 a year to insure. 😛

My '40 has you beat: $98. I think I have it valued at $8500.
- - - - -
Egregious Massachusetts citizen oppression :

massachucetts.png

• Haha 1

Everyone, Would you pay $40,000 plus to have your old tired Miata restored to factory freshness or even better?

Seems Mazda has a service that will do just that, read about it here: https://www.thedrive.com/news/29942/mazda-will-restore-your-na-miata-roadster-to-factory-perfection-for-40k

image.png

image.png

image.png

Have to say, that for me, it would not be worth it but it is very cool!

• Upvote 1

Very cool Subaru Camper conversion.

Smart Woman

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

Everyone, Would you pay $40,000 plus to have your old tired Miata restored to factory freshness or even better?

Seems Mazda has a service that will do just that, read about it here: https://www.thedrive.com/news/29942/mazda-will-restore-your-na-miata-roadster-to-factory-perfection-for-40k

image.png

image.png

image.png

Have to say, that for me, it would not be worth it but it is very cool!

That’s car love there....I say why not! 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Finally both my wife's car and mine have Carplay/Android Auto.

After using it for the last week or so, who in the right mind will go back to using OEM navigation/infotainment system?

Car manufacturers are moron for resisting it for so long and wasting money developing their own systems.  Thankfully more and more seem to see the light and switching to either Android or Apple based infotainment systems.

• Upvote 3