TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Sheez, I missed dfelt's birthday.  Blame it on Thanksgiving, "Thanksgiving baby."

Happy belated, David.

Edited by trinacriabob

55 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

GREEN NOZZLE... 3.0L Duramax!?

Or a BP station. Their gasoline nozzles are green.   

As seen on the FB...

57122D4B-BFAE-45D3-915A-3EA07B8C588F.jpeg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

40 wreck 1.png

Been staring at this for like fifteen minutes.  I can't look away!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Or a BP station. Their gasoline nozzles are green.  

Yup, now that you mention it, it appears to be a BP, but in studying the nozzles on that pump, it looks like both nirvana juices are dispensed from there.  I mean, it stands to reason they'll offer the diesel in the SUVs.

That Endeavour is cool too, except for the douche nozzle.

Encore GX on the roll.  While I miss a waterfall grille texture and ventiport hood trim, this CUV looks sharp, imo.  I really like the strong hip line on the quarters, another time-honoured Buick styling trait.  The horizontally themed taillights and wide front end graphics lend an upscale, mature air to it that suddenly makes the original Encore design seem lacking.  The added uniqueness of the Sport Touring ("ST" is a Ford thing!) on this new model is appealing (although I would not get it in white) but the more subdued trims also look good, as seen with the blue one in the vid.  Check out this rolling footage.

As I finished work today. In my parking lot, there was a new Silverado. All black.  Black and blacked-out everything. I must say...it was like that train wreck that @ocnblu  couldnt take his eyes off...I was looking at it for the longest time. 

Image result for all black 2019 silverado"

I do not know if it was a Z51 off road package like the pic above, but it was a 4 door,  it had a high ground clearance. 

I was pondering why is it that I dont like pick-up trucks.  This is why I didnt notice if the Silverado in question was a Z51 because when it comes to pick-up trucks, I simply dont care. I tune out.  Unless its a muscle truck...  454 SS, Syclone and Typhoon, Lightning, Raptor, Ram SRT10, Lil Red Express, etc 

So...I was thinking, why dont I like pick-up trucks? 

Big.  BOF.  V8.  RWD.

I mean, I LOVE big American "land yachts".    Big cruising machines. Especially in convertible form.  ESPECIALLY if muscle car. Impala SS, Galaxie 500 XL.    Bonnevilles, Grand Prixs, Super88s,  El Dorados, Coupe DeVilles, Chrysler 300s, New Yorkers,  Imperials, Continentals...  The list goes on and on. 

I mean, the similarities in today's pick-up trucks as compared to the fabulous American cars of yore are  striking.  The great American car did evolve into what we have as pick-up trucks today.  So, why didnt I evolve as well?

Just a thought that I had today...maybe I start changing my attitude towards fullsized pick-up trucks and SUVs...

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Upvote 2

I went from a ‘64 Catalina (120" WB), to a ‘65 Bonneville (124" WB), to an F-150 (133" WB) to a 2500HD (153" WB).

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Encore GX on the roll.  While I miss a waterfall grille texture and ventiport hood trim, this CUV looks sharp, imo.  I really like the strong hip line on the quarters, another time-honoured Buick styling trait.  The horizontally themed taillights and wide front end graphics lend an upscale, mature air to it that suddenly makes the original Encore design seem lacking.  The added uniqueness of the Sport Touring ("ST" is a Ford thing!) on this new model is appealing (although I would not get it in white) but the more subdued trims also look good, as seen with the blue one in the vid.  Check out this rolling footage.

I agree...it has a more grown up look than the bug eyed one now...granted I like that one too....

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, balthazar said:

I went from a ‘64 Catalina, to a ‘65 Bonneville, to an F-150 to a 2500HD.

Its probably too late for me to own a V8 as gas prices in Quebec are ridiculously high. But yeah, Ill be changing my tune. 

• Upvote 1

Z51 is a Corvette.  Z71 is a truck but that's OK you're new.  *wink*

Hey that one dude from Chevy at the Los Angeles show presentation, didn't he say they're showing the 2021 Tahoe/Suburban shortly at a special event?  I forget what day he said.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

As I finished work today. In my parking lot, there was a new Silverado. All black.  Black and blacked-out everything. I must say...it was like that train wreck that @ocnblu  couldnt take his eyes off...I was looking at it for the longest time. 

Image result for all black 2019 silverado"

I do not know if it was a Z51 off road package like the pic above, but it was a 4 door,  it had a high ground clearance. 

I was pondering why is it that I dont like pick-up trucks.  This is why I didnt notice if the Silverado in question was a Z51 because when it comes to pick-up trucks, I simply dont care. I tune out.  Unless its a muscle truck...  454 SS, Syclone and Typhoon, Lightning, Raptor, Ram SRT10, Lil Red Express, etc 

So...I was thinking, why dont I like pick-up trucks? 

Big.  BOF.  V8.  RWD.

I mean, I LOVE big American "land yachts".    Big cruising machines. Especially in convertible form.  ESPECIALLY if muscle car. Impala SS, Galaxie 500 XL.    Bonnevilles, Grand Prixs, Super88s,  El Dorados, Coupe DeVilles, Chrysler 300s, New Yorkers,  Imperials, Continentals...  The list goes on and on. 

I mean, the similarities in today's pick-up trucks as compared to the fabulous American cars of yore are  striking.  The great American car did evolve into what we have as pick-up trucks today.  So, why didnt I evolve as well?

Just a thought that I had today...maybe I start changing my attitude towards fullsized pick-up trucks and SUVs...

Ya mean Z71????? 🤔

Never heard of a Z51 unless this is the Canuck model? :P

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Ya mean Z71????? 🤔

Never heard of a Z51 unless this is the Canuck model? :P

Z51 has been a performance package on the Corvette for ages..

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah....Z71.

I had a minor brain fart.  I know Z51 is a Corvette trim. Its just that even if Im changing heart for fullsized pick-up trucks and fullsized SUVs...Id still rather have a Z51.  😛

Either that or old age is kicking in and Im mixing up my numbers with my letters and my cars with my trucks... that would be called, I believe...virility.  

Or is it senility?  🤔

Z51...Z71

Virility...senility.     

Same thing in my own little world.  🧐

• Haha 2

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E!  From a designer's dream, to a reality!

76908113_795487197539781_4667819084912525312_n.jpg

• Haha 2