TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

This is what 12 years of LaCrosse looks like

KIMG4122.thumb.JPG.e052e701dd08122e67590ced96de3983.JPG

Incredible salad bar

KIMG4128.thumb.JPG.d884372b7e71323340f61e53918f7fa7.JPG

(clockwise) bacon wrapped chicken, flank steak,  parmesan crusted chicken drumettes, and top sirloin (picanha); why bore you with car photos?

I'm figuring that, if I've gotten another year of reasonably hassle free service, I can head over this chain Brazilian steakhouse on the day(s) they feature their lunch menu.  (I get taken here for my birthday, as it is!)

BTW, the car sits at slightly over 95,000 miles.

Have a great day.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, balthazar said:

-25.jpg

Some might say this is a sexist picture, I say the woman just give ya a better attention to detail. :P 

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Some might say this is a sexist picture, I say the woman just give ya a better attention to detail. :P 

There was this brand of "big hair" ... and the Farrah Fawcett brand of "big hair."

And, per the pumps, I'm assuming at least of one these ladies may be named "Ethel."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

And, per the pumps, I'm assuming at least of one these ladies may be named "Ethel."

Yup, and one goes by "Diesel".

3 hours ago, dfelt said:

Some might say this is a sexist picture...

I don't get it. Are there people that think ANY picture of a woman doing ANYTHING is somehow sexist?
Who are these people?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

^^^  I had the same thought when I read DFELT's post. 

A picture is said to be worth a thousand words. But...art could also be translated a thousand ways.

A photograph is most certainly art. 

If one person wants to interpret that photogragh as a sexist one, than that person is sick in the head.

Those women, are free to work, make money and buy anything they want to buy.  They dont need a "man" to support them.

What I see also, in that pic, is that a man is reliant on  a woman, MANY women, to get his car on the road because it seems he is incompetent to do it on his own.  

WAIT A MINUTE???!!!

You are correct, it IS sexist. It shows that older white males are dumb and stupid and cant pump their own gas and need women to survive.

I call BEE ESSSSSS on that!!!

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well, that's the unassailable constant; that men (especially white) are stupid.
If you 'call BS' on that, you're ignoring the consensus of 97% of scientists.

The new Yukon is nice...huge grille, but tasteful.  I like the Denali-exclusive dash design. 

If we are going to do this sexist thing and call white males dumb. We might as well do it right:

Dumb white males and their muscle cars/exotic cars with their scantily clad bimbos!!!   👍

Dont forget the rock-n-roll!

• Upvote 3

For some reason I find 1967 Olds 88s fascinating...Delta and Delmont

20900980001_large.jpg

images-11.jpeg

1967_oldsmobile_88_1565962565dff9f98764daimg_3947_large_sm_eda40ebee588a6c61faa88930c2258c051c175bd.jpg

1967-oldsmobile-delmont-88-2-door-hardtop-4.JPG

i001163971.jpg

1967_oldsmobile_88_15676900011c3e7bebd2b9a60dIMG_3958-Large-e1567690043124-940x582.jpg

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 3

Oldsmobile- perfecting ugly since 1942. (kidding).

Interesting how much in common the Delta 88 has with this Riv, but how MUCH better Buick pulled the elements off :

67 Riv.jpg

2 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

^^^  I had the same thought when I read DFELT's post. 

A picture is said to be worth a thousand words. But...art could also be translated a thousand ways.

A photograph is most certainly art. 

If one person wants to interpret that photogragh as a sexist one, than that person is sick in the head.

I'm agreeing with you.  It's a sad sign of the times.  Some thin skinned people are looking to pick a fight over a hair and most of these brittle social justice warriors would wimp out in real life if you gave it right back at them.

1 hour ago, Robert Hall said:

For some reason I find 1967 Olds 88s fascinating...Delta and Delmont

20900980001_large.jpg

images-11.jpeg

1967_oldsmobile_88_1565962565dff9f98764daimg_3947_large_sm_eda40ebee588a6c61faa88930c2258c051c175bd.jpg

1967-oldsmobile-delmont-88-2-door-hardtop-4.JPG

Come to think of it, so do/did I.  The front is strong, that flank at the rear pillar-less windows is cool, and the rear lights are minimalist but not wimpy.  Did this car's roof line do its own thing or was it shared with any other GMs - Caprice, Catalina, etc.?

Wouldn't Delmont be the more austere model as compared to the Delta 88, sort of like how there was a Cadillac Calais a notch below a Coupe de Ville the following decade?

This car needs the rally type wheels, and not hubcaps, for it to all work.

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Did this car's roof line do its own thing or was it shared with any other GMs - Caprice, Catalina, etc.?

The top skin may be the same, but the C-Pillar is definitely unique to Olds here. They used a huge kick-up in both the quarter window and the decklid, so the steel and the glass is different than Buick, Pontiac or Chevrolet.

• Thanks 1

Well, for the first time in 13 years, I have two car payments again. Wife’s old Cavalier (2003) finally cracked a few door hinges on the drivers side, and she was replaced after almost 17 years with a brand new 2020 Chevy Trax. 

Pretty nice little CUV I have to say after riding around in it tonight...... 🙂 

• Upvote 3

^ Got in the truck to do a late-night job and the DIC flashes me 'battery not charging'. Must be the alternator.
Can't really complain that the original went 196,000 miles. Will replace it & the serpentine tomm.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Well, for the first time in 13 years, I have two car payments again. Wife’s old Cavalier (2003) finally cracked a few door hinges on the drivers side, and she was replaced after almost 17 years with a brand new 2020 Chevy Trax. 

Pretty nice little CUV I have to say after riding around in it tonight...... 🙂 

Well I think congratulations are in order!  I wish I had the testicular fortitude to keep a vehicle until the doors fall off!  Cavaliers were/are unsung heroes, imo.

• Thanks 1

Congrats... my sister has a 2015 Trax and has been happy with it overall..has over 20k now after driving to Florida a couple weeks ago.  The floor filled with water during heavy rain driving on the way down there, had to spend a few days at a dealer last week...not sure what the problem was, but water was coming in somewhere through the HVAC system.  She said the dealer blamed it on squirrels.. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Well I think congratulations are in order!  I wish I had the testicular fortitude to keep a vehicle until the doors fall off!  Cavaliers were/are unsung heroes, imo.

Thanks! The door near did off to fall off to finally finish it!  Otherwise it would have been rust.....tough part is you get attached to something when you have it that long!

Wife loves that Trax though.....

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Congrats on getting something new but what attracted to you a ...Chevy Trax...? 

Wife likes my Equinox, but she wanted something super easy to park since she works at a school, and also drops my son off at school. She test drove it, and loved it. And with the rebates on it, it was hard to say no to it...

Happy wife, happy life (I think) 🙂 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

Wife likes my Equinox, but she wanted something super easy to park since she works at a school, and also drops my son off at school. She test drove it, and loved it. And with the rebates on it, it was hard to say no to it...

Happy wife, happy life (I think) 🙂 

Equinox is great but much bigger turning radius than the Trax. I honestly am shocked at the turning radius of the CUVs from GM as my SS has a much tighter turning radius than many compact CUVs and it is Mid Size.

GM needs to fix the poor turning radius of their products.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Equinox is great but much bigger turning radius than the Trax. I honestly am shocked at the turning radius of the CUVs from GM as my SS has a much tighter turning radius than many compact CUVs and it is Mid Size.

GM needs to fix the poor turning radius of their products.

I think that is an inherent flaw with transverse FWD platforms...just can't turn the front wheels as tightly as a north-south engine layout..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1