TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

4 hours ago, dfelt said:

@surreal1272 That is really cool, thank you for updating us. I am excited to see that you moved forward to do this. I honestly think you like myself and others that made the move will love the ability to have your phone tied into the auto system.

The phone part was important but having a better system overall is even more important. Sync 2 was flaky with the backup camera and not near as responsive as Sync 3. Here’s hoping that was worth the dough I shelled out for it. 

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

Chevrolet turbo 'boxer' 6 :

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 9.12.30 PM.png

WOW, the purity is strong in this one.  So goodlooking.  So fun to drive.  Balanced on a sky-high fulcrum.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, surreal1272 said:

After I bought my Flex and posted here, I had stated that I really wished that it had the Sync 3 system instead of Sync 2 and @dfelt alluded to upgrades being available in that manner. After a little research, I pulled the trigger and did just that. Just installed It today but they sent me the wrong power module cord for the USB hub so no Apple CarPlay for now until they send that to me. Otherwise, here it is...

283DA7AE-484A-4878-BA7C-48281B99EBAB.jpeg

93AE9DD1-9C55-4987-9838-34E67F7954F2.jpeg

764C513E-BA7A-49EE-A72E-C00D2A5FD23A.jpeg

0EA69A4F-6213-46C5-B89F-6BAA620D3699.jpeg

77284950-40D8-434A-A657-3E7DEAD1DD30.jpeg

Awesome! SYNC3 is worlds better, isn't it??? 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Awesome! SYNC3 is worlds better, isn't it??? 

It really is. The strange part was having to contact these folks for them perform a remote operation to get it to "jive"  with my car. The systems have to programmed according to your VIN  (failure to do so means I could use on screen climate controls for example). That process was a little unconventional because it required a Windows PC (which I do not have) to be connected from its USB port to the OBD port of the Flex while they performed this "operation" remotely using a program called "Forscan". My work around was to set up Boot camp on my new iMac and literally bring it outside to the car and connect it that way at 10 PM (they were on Hong Kong time) while it was freezing outside. Like I said, very unconventional.

IMG_3252.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/20/2020 at 12:40 PM, dfelt said:

MSN posted the Best selling Cars in America by Brand. Very interesting to read.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/research-guides/best-selling-cars-in-america-—-by-brand/ss-BBYPu65?li=BBnb7Kz#image=1

Clearly the SUV/CUV and Truck is the rage of the auto selling world and some models are just printing money for their company.

Saw a black Cullinan on the 101 freeway here a couple of days ago. WOW, what a sweet ride with that iconic Rolls front end and grille and a lil blondie piloting her. 

To add to the upgrade details, apparently the rear view camera still acts flaky and won't come up at times. Not sure what the issue is but its something I'm going to look into since I have a few theories on it.

• Thanks 1

Looks like the new Trailblazer excels at driving through parking lots. 

• Haha 2

CUV videos on top of this post and 1980s girley pop music in my head...

Is this what my Friday nights look like in January of 2020? 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Looks like the new Trailblazer excels at driving through parking lots. 

It has a special crawl ratio for that.  :smilewide:

Dammit, just like 80's pop, it has a purpose.  I love it, and I'm not scared to say so!

• Haha 2

Tokyo Auto Salon sounds like a SEMA type event...that Suzuki off road van is pretty cool. 

• Thanks 1

Not a huge volume of Nash fans out there, but they certainly put a ton of unique thinking into their interiors in the '50s. 1955:

55 Nash.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, balthazar said:

1949-50's Uniscope. Look how they treated '100' graphically 😎 

Screen Shot 2020-01-25 at 2.56.30 PM.png

Neat how the oil, fuel and temp gauges are set in the lower half also.  Reminds me of how the first generation of the modern Mini had the gauges in the big central dial. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, balthazar said:

Not a huge volume of Nash fans out there, but they certainly put a ton of unique thinking into their interiors in the '50s. 1955:

55 Nash.png

Daggone, that is a sweet dash.  Interesting.

Went to the PA Farm Show Complex for the PA Auto Show today.  Was one of those "Motor Trend" shows, kinda like a dealer's association thing.  Was disappointed there was no Trailblazer or Encore GX there.  Mostly tried out some miniature conveyances.  Ecosport, Trax, Spark, Kicks, Fit, Venue, Elantra GT, Renegade, things like that.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Went to the PA Farm Show Complex for the PA Auto Show today.  Was one of those "Motor Trend" shows, kinda like a dealer's association thing.  Was disappointed there was no Trailblazer or Encore GX there.  Mostly tried out some miniature conveyances.  Ecosport, Trax, Spark, Kicks, Fit, Venue, Elantra GT, Renegade, things like that.

One would think they would have.....

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2020 at 11:53 AM, balthazar said:

55 Nash.png

Wonder if Toyota got their inspiration to go with the center dash from Nash? 🤔

Or where there other auto's before Nash that tried the center dash approach?

8 hours ago, balthazar said:

Owner made the 'Pontiac' trunk emblem light up- it never did that from the factory. Cool :

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 7.04.24 PM.png

Very cool and the woman gave the auto goosebumps! :P 

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

...were there other auto's before Nash that tried the center dash approach?

Yes- centrally-located clusters were quite commonplace in the early years.

• Thanks 2

RIP Kobe.  

Its even more tragic that his 13 year old daughter also had to go.  

This event truly saddened me tonight.   

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Sad 1

Was in Flicksville PA today, I'll be generous and call it 'painfully rural'. Not that I don't like that, but where to even get a pizza.

I didn't take this pic in/of Flicksville (tho I did drive down this road); I stole it from....   Flickr.

Screen Shot 2020-01-26 at 7.33.51 PM.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

RIP Kobe.  

Its even more tragic that his 13 year old daughter also had to go.  

This event truly saddened me tonight.   

Yeah, that was so sad.. 😞 

Not a big basketball fan, but always thought Kobe was a first class guy. Even worse that his daughter was in it as well.