Jump to content
TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

I stole it from....   Flickr

Amazing that a tiny town like that would be the hub of a worldwide photo sharing entity.  Still waters run deep!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@surreal1272 That is awesome, Congratulations for getting the updated system and phone capability. Life is way better this way. :D 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the existing auto companies / parts suppliers have created a new auto alliance to work together for auto's of the future and reduce costs.

https://www.autosinnovate.org/

image.png

Good read here is that this new alliance also allows them to focus and reduce costs of dealing with various governments around the globe. Some interesting info here to read, but one point was that 2018, most current year of reporting, $125 billion was spent on R&D globally. 5,000 patents were filed that year.

https://www.autosinnovate.org/press-release/auto-industry-trade-associations-unite-forming-unified-voice-on-critical-auto-policy-issues-and-championing-innovation/

Karma is the latest auto company to join the alliance.

https://www.autosinnovate.org/news/

Seems everyone feels the auto industry over the next 20 years is going to change not just revolutionary, but evolutionary. Hybrid/EV seems to be the focus point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool Auto News

Cadillac has added auto lane change to their Super-Cruise system. 2021 CT4, CT5 and Escalade will get it. Next week is the reveal of the 2021 Escalade in LA.

Sadly the CT6 goes out of production this week according to GM. 1/3rd of CT6 sales had super cruise and 85% of those owners say they will only buy their next vehicle with super cruise.

https://www.autonews.com/future-product/cadillac-adds-automated-lane-change-super-cruise

GM's investment in Detroit Hamtrack is actually $3.5 billion of which $2.2 billion is part of their deal with the state on the Mega Tax Credit and they got increased flexibility on how they count the 45k plus workers that are covered by their 10 year mega tax break package.

https://www.autonews.com/manufacturing/gm-make-origin-d-ham-after-pickup

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the up coming refresh of the MB E-Class auto got leaked, nice looking but still the bland look of all MB Auto's IMHO.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31984/this-sure-looks-like-the-facelifted-20201-mercedes-benz-e-class

WOW Ferrari dealership attempts to cover up crashing a consignment 458 and then pressures to sell it for less than expected. Ouch.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31983/ferrari-dealer-tried-to-cover-up-customers-240000-458-spider-crash-lawsuit

Ice Ice Baby Mustange from Video is Back, restored and upgraded.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31980/ford-mustang-from-vanilla-ices-ice-ice-baby-is-back-after-four-year-restoration

Latest Ford Bronco Spy Shots, Looking good! :metal:

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31982/new-2021-ford-bronco-spy-shots-check-out-those-tires

Have to say that the pictures show this to be a true Wrangler competitor with some of the Raptors bulging fenders. Liking what I see so far.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For sports car fans, seems Mazda is not giving up on possibly bringing back a new updated Rotary sports car. Head of Mazda R&D says they are not stopping the idea of a new rotary sports car for select markets even with the drive by Mazda to go PHEV/EV.

image.png

https://www.motor1.com/news/395292/2022-mazda-rx-7-rendering/

Who knows those that like sitting on the ground might get a new RX7 yet! :P 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a really nice nip and tuck of the E Class. I think it just looks a little "tighter" and I like it. 

There's been talk of a new rotary for decades at this point... I'll only believe it when there's one at an autoshow. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems the Raptor has a competor from PaxPower as a 3rd party package for Chevrolet Dealers. 442 V8 power plant!

https://www.motor1.com/news/395149/chevy-silverado-jackal-video/

Want to enter for a chance to win a Sharp looking C10 Pickup? Enter here.

https://www.motor1.com/features/363506/win-custom-chevy-c10-truck/

image.png

Gotta love a good match up for a Drag Race, how about the Mustang GT500 versus Hellcat?

https://www.motor1.com/news/395001/gt500-vs-hellcat-drag-race/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems even with the challanges of a cooling market, China still is growing for GM. 2019 report is out.

https://media.gm.com/media/cn/en/gm/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/cn/en/2020/Jan/0107_sales.html

GM delivered 3.09 million auto's in China for 2019 with Cadillac having an all time high of 213,717 auto's sold followed by 850,007 Buicks sold, 418,000 Chevrolets sold, 608,269 Baujun sold and 1,003,611 Wulings sold the two chinese brands GM owns. For those that are not familier the Baujun brand is youth focused line of sub compact auto's. Wuling is their medium commercial line of auto sold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Seems even with the challanges of a cooling market, China still is growing for GM. 2019 report is out.

https://media.gm.com/media/cn/en/gm/home.detail.html/content/Pages/news/cn/en/2020/Jan/0107_sales.html

GM delivered 3.09 million auto's in China for 2019 with Cadillac having an all time high of 213,717 auto's sold followed by 850,007 Buicks sold, 418,000 Chevrolets sold, 608,269 Baujun sold and 1,003,611 Wulings sold the two chinese brands GM owns. For those that are not familier the Baujun brand is youth focused line of sub compact auto's. Wuling is their medium commercial line of auto sold.

I've read GM was down 15% in China in 2019. All of the D3 were down there, them being the least. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-china/gms-2019-china-sales-drop-for-second-year-on-weak-economy-idUSKBN1Z606D

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I've read GM was down 15% in China in 2019. All of the D3 were down there, them being the least. 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-gm-china/gms-2019-china-sales-drop-for-second-year-on-weak-economy-idUSKBN1Z606D

 

Be interesting to when I have time look at the past media reports from GM to compare 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 to get some sort of track on what the sales really are. Then compare to what the news is reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The More I read and see of the Ram, the more I like it over the Ford or Chevrolet trucks. The Ram is really shinning brightly. Funny how often the writers at C&D compare the Ram to the S-Class being equal with more rear seat leg room. LOL

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a27634301/2019-ram-1500-reliability-maintenance/

Have to say it is a very sharp side profile.

image.png

FCA has a NEW U-Connect 5 now with support for Apple and Android phones.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a30656688/fca-uconnect-5-infotainment-revealed/

Late to the party, but the new 12.3 inch screen and demo that is shown at the link makes it look nice. About time they got this portion of the auto on par to the rest of the tech industry.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Be interesting to when I have time look at the past media reports from GM to compare 2019, 2018, 2017 and 2016 to get some sort of track on what the sales really are. Then compare to what the news is reporting.

Click on the link I provided. That shows 2017, 2018, and 2019. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

Click on the link I provided. That shows 2017, 2018, and 2019. 

Yes, thanks for pointing that out as I had not had a chance to look yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love reading these history write ups and this one is pretty accurate on the history of the Escalade.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/cadillac-escalade-years/

Love that GM is making room in their heritage collection and as such selling off concepts!

Check out this Escalade V edition concept they did in 2007 using the CTS-V V8.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/barrett-jackson-scottsdale-2020-auction-2007-cadillac-escalade/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Love reading these history write ups and this one is pretty accurate on the history of the Escalade.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/cadillac-escalade-years/

Love that GM is making room in their heritage collection and as such selling off concepts!

Check out this Escalade V edition concept they did in 2007 using the CTS-V V8.

https://www.automobilemag.com/news/barrett-jackson-scottsdale-2020-auction-2007-cadillac-escalade/

I don't know a single auto enthusiast that doesn't think a V Series Escalade was/is a great idea. I still cannot fathom why they still haven't built one. It seems like such an easy money grab. The only thing I can think of is that the AWD/4WD system simply cannot handle 600hp/tq and they still want it to use a real 4WD system.

If that were to be the case, take apart a G63 or G65 and re-engineer it. 

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I don't know a single auto enthusiast that doesn't think a V Series Escalade was/is a great idea. I still cannot fathom why they still haven't built one. It seems like such an easy money grab. The only thing I can think of is that the AWD/4WD system simply cannot handle 600hp/tq and they still want it to use a real 4WD system.

If that were to be the case, take apart a G63 or G65 and re-engineer it. 

The AWD system can handle it as we have various 3rd party companies doing 800HP out of an Escalade. Hennessey is the one that comes to mind and when you look at the web page, it is all engine upgrades and brakes, nothing to the AWD system.

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/cadillac/escalade/2015-cadillac-escalade/2015-2017-cadillac-escalade-hpe800-supercharged-upgrade/

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

America falls farther behind the world. China now has a detailed plan in place to reduce and ban all Single Use Plastics in China by 2025. Only 8 states ban single use plastics and we still do not have any leadership out of DC to get recycling going and be better stewards of our country.

https://electrek.co/2020/01/28/china-us-single-use-plastics-ban/

If your curious as to how your state is dealing with Recycling especially since China stopped taking any recycling material starting in 2018.

https://www.wastedive.com/news/what-chinese-import-policies-mean-for-all-50-states/510751/

Would be great if we could get people to recycle old auto's, steel, etc rather than just leave it on property rusting away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using old vehicles as parts cars IS recycling!

Want to make a vehicular-based difference? Advocate for less plastic and more metals in future vehicles.

Just saw a piece today that said a AAA study showed that plastic headlights begin to deteriorate as soon as 3 years from new.

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like I have a random unplanned road trip I have to take this weekend.   Wasn't planning on going anywhere this weekend..

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2021 GMC Canyon has new trim levels:  Elevation Standard, Elevation, AT4 and Denali.  They've done away with the chrome rear bumper as well, which looked out of place with the body-color plastic front bumper cover.  More cohesive.  You can also get it in that cool new Hunter color (green, seen on the 2021 Yukon) but only on the Denali (bummer).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

2021 GMC Canyon has new trim levels:  Elevation Standard, Elevation, AT4 and Denali.  They've done away with the chrome rear bumper as well, which looked out of place with the body-color plastic front bumper cover.  More cohesive.  You can also get it in that cool new Hunter color (green, seen on the 2021 Yukon) but only on the Denali (bummer).

No pics or links?! :cussing::smilewide:

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, USA-1 said:

No pics or links?!

Over to the GM Online Order Guide, they're starting to populate 2021 model year vehicles.  I like to keep an eye on GM news over there.

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/brandsel.jsp?year=2021&regionID=1&lang=1

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×
×
  • Create New...