TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

1 hour ago, frogger said:

He is good, better now with Jack Singapore instead of Turbowski.  Looking forward to a C8 review from him eventually.

I've only been watching his videos for a month or so, seen mostly recent ones and some older ones...not sure who the guy is that appears at the end of some, acting like his enemy (Turbowski?)    And I notice some say the garage segments say 'without Turbowski'...

WATCH OUT, IT'S GOING VIRAL!

toyota-1-e1541344179938-630x390.jpg

Edited by ocnblu
  • Haha 2

Well, that's a Corona, but yeah...  :smilewide:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, balthazar said:

2020 Explorer interior (tho it may well be the top trim) :

Screen Shot 2020-02-25 at 2.59.00 PM.png

Correct, but it's near impossible to get a gas pump installed on private residential property, and there's 270 million IC vehicles in the U.S. (vs. only 9 million horses).

If that is the top trim, that is really ordinary.  I suspect that the Lincoln equivalent has a much nicer interior.  Also, these days the Explorer is nowadays a police vehicle for the most part, hence the rental/fleet issues.

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

Well, that's a Corona, but yeah...  :smilewide:

Oh it is??  Typical me; I don't pay attention to the toyoters much. 🤮

30 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

If that is the top trim, that is really ordinary.  I suspect that the Lincoln equivalent has a much nicer interior.

1. It doesn't look 'really ordinary' IMO (it's a Ford, yes?), but more to the point - it doesn't look really cheap. Not Ram Tradesman cheap.
2. Shouldn't a Lincoln equivalent be much nicer??

• Upvote 1

In Seattle George town district we had a very cool Hat's n Boots gas station that I grew up around. The Cowboy Boots were the bath rooms.

image.png

image.png

This was it 5 years or so ago as it got landmark status.

image.png

It was a Texaco gas station last when it finally closed down.

image.png

image.png

Now it is a restored park for everyone.

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

-22.jpg

I just realized the left rear wheel is off this Mopar product.

Weird that in all the years GM owned Opel and Vauxhall they said they could never make it profitable. Yet PSA Group within the first year after buying them have them as profitable divisions.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/peugeot-maker-sees-record-profit-virus-clouds-horizon-69225919

Something is sure crooked in GM House.

Fascinating random video I saw posted on a couple FB groups...a guy with an in-car camera documenting his commute home on the 405 in LA...in 1988!   A real time capsule of traffic and radio from 30+ years ago.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Fascinating random video I saw posted on a couple FB groups...a guy with an in-car camera documenting his commute home on the 405 in LA...in 1988!   A real time capsule of traffic and radio from 30+ years ago.

Something calming about it...not sure why.....

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dfelt said:

Weird that in all the years GM owned Opel and Vauxhall they said they could never make it profitable. Yet PSA Group within the first year after buying them have them as profitable divisions.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/peugeot-maker-sees-record-profit-virus-clouds-horizon-69225919

Something is sure crooked in GM House.

It is highly suspicious that GM had not made $$$$ in Europe for several years but PSA Group saved Euros and made a profit off of the same Opel/Vauxhall in ONE YEAR!  I do wonder what kind of accounting shenanigans GM was pulling all these years.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, riviera74 said:

It is highly suspicious that GM had not made $$$$ in Europe for several years but PSA Group saved Euros and made a profit off of the same Opel/Vauxhall in ONE YEAR!  I do wonder what kind of accounting shenanigans GM was pulling all these years.

Look, if it is profitable it is TAXABLE. If it is breaking even or losing money, it is not. It is very easy to make a division lose money -- just make it do a ton of R&D and prototyping which soaks up all the profits and then some. Now, once developed, the technology is then "shared" or gifted to the rest of the company. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

This is why high corporate taxes is pointless in the era of multinational corporations. Where do you think they take their loses and where do you think they move the profits? If you guess high tax countries and low tax countries, maybe you are not retarded afterall!

• Haha 1

While I very much miss my first 2 cars - both rear wheel drive Cutlass Supreme coupes (and the head of thick dark brown curly hair I had at that time) - front wheel drive does a better job of getting you home  .... even if you have to go slow!

• Haha 1

According to the Incoming COO, Ford is in Dire straights as it was back when it put everything up for loans to survive compared to the bankruptcy by the cross town rivals.

https://www.autonews.com/executives/farley-says-ford-faces-sense-urgency-similar-financial-crisis

Good read and I have to say the writer hits a number of valid points. Chevrolet Impala is worth Eulogizing according to this writer.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32351/the-last-car-why-the-chevy-impala-is-worth-eulogizing

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dfelt said:

Good read and I have to say the writer hits a number of valid points. Chevrolet Impala is worth Eulogizing according to this writer.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/32351/the-last-car-why-the-chevy-impala-is-worth-eulogizing

Which one would essentially replace the Impala's place in Chevy lore: Tahoe or Equinox?  GM's greatest mistake was ditching RWD in all but the pickup trucks and replacing everything with FWD.  Really sad, especially since the 300/Charger twins still sell.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, riviera74 said:

Which one would essentially replace the Impala's place in Chevy lore: Tahoe or Equinox?  GM's greatest mistake was ditching RWD in all but the pickup trucks and replacing everything with FWD.  Really sad, especially since the 300/Charger twins still sell.

Traverse.  FWD, V6, largish family car....Tahoe kind of fits the old Impala formula up through '96---full size, BOF, V8 large family car. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2/25/2020 at 11:47 PM, dfelt said:

In Seattle George town district we had a very cool Hat's n Boots gas station that I grew up around. The Cowboy Boots were the bath rooms.

This was it 5 years or so ago as it got landmark status.

It was a Texaco gas station last when it finally closed down.

Now it is a restored park for everyone.

So you lived in the SW part of the city for a little while?  I'm wondering if that area is going through any kind of renaissance or is poised to because everything is so expensive.  I knew a lady who lived in a condo in Bitter Lake and looking onto Bitter Lake and was impressed that some parts in the NW part of the city are nice.  They weren't that popular, as in cool, when I lived there, but they were definitely nice.  Regardless, I think the East Side, from Bellevue up to Woodinville, are the nicest parts of that metro area.  Mercer Island, a true (surfer's) "footprint," is very nice but has a weird feel.