TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

Taking a Porsche 911 and turning it into a Hybrid is something the folks in Germany will not do as they have their Taycan. Yet so many wonder if it can be done and for a mere $75,000 a company out of California has created a hybrid kit that only adds 170lbs of balanced weight to the auto, replaces the starter and flywheel as this special electric motor goes between the motor and transmission and keeps things for the most part all natural. Yet with this hybrid system, your 911 gains 150 HP / 150 lb-ft of torque and has various driving modes to help you optimize the power delivery. Over all, very cool read that they say they are looking to offer this on other auto's such as trucks that could help drive down the price. A shadow drive system that from an engineering standpoint would be a great boost to those auto's with smaller motors as it does not change anything in the original motor.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/25/porsche-911-hybrid-vonnen-shadow-drive/

Toyota plans for the future just got leaked on Facebook. Seems the all new BRZ and GR86 will get a 255HP turbo motor on a RWD new platform as we will also see a hybrid Sienna fall 2020, New Hybrid CUV fall 2020, Lexus is KILLING OFF V8 motors in any auto under $90K and more, read about it here:

:roflmao:  :roflmao: Seems real world racers are going online to stay sharp till they can get back into their auto's to physically race and are finding themselves outmatched by faster, quicker reaction of online gamers. Very funny read, but also has some very valuable lessons they could properly apply in their real race world.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/23/f1-nascar-virtual-auto-racing/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Coronavirus is having a positive impact on the planet in regards to one very important issue.

AIR QUALITY - Considering that auto's and other ICE driven items like boats, etc. contribute to the increase in NOx levels especially in cities, the lock downs around the planet have seen dramatic reduction in NOx levels with some cities seeing the clearest skys in decades. Satellite images are showing dramatic changes in cities and industrial areas all around the globe. Italy's level of air pollution has dropped by 40%.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/mar/23/coronavirus-pandemic-leading-to-huge-drop-in-air-pollution

Play with the maps covering different countries and see the difference of air pollution via the link above. Just one example is China:

image.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Beautiful blue skies and sun here in NE Ohio...was sitting out in my backyard for a while...looking forward to going back to the beaches and islands hopefully by summer...

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Beautiful blue skies and sun here in NE Ohio...was sitting out in my backyard for a while...looking forward to going back to the beaches and islands hopefully by summer...

If potus45 is correct that this will last till August then man are people gonna be having huge cases of cabin fever.

image.png

45 was saying he wanted the US open for business by Easter to fill up churches, but that seems unlikely.  

1 minute ago, Robert Hall said:

45 was saying he wanted the US open for business by Easter to fill up churches, but that seems unlikely.  

Yes well he is a Narcissistic idiot and I have more faith in Bill Gates than Potus 45.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/bill-gates-trump-coronavirus-economy

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/bill-gates-slow-economic-recovery-trump-coronavirus-public-health-first-2020-3-1029028597

Potus 45 would rather believe religious leaders than scientist and the body count piling up in the corner.

Opening up the Economy the way he wants to to get money flowing back into his properties and his pocket book lends itself to just continuing to show his irresponsible nature.

I agree with you that it seems unlikely, but he seems to be pushing it hard and I have to think it is his vacant golf courses and buildings where there is no business that means he will not have any income that he is freaking out about more than the churches.

Vatican has already said it will only do a streamed service for Easter services and no one will be allowed in the courtyard for his traditional Easter sermons.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

That's about 2 to 3 weeks away.  He's delusional and imprudent.  So is that guy from TX (governor?) who says that elderly people can take it on the chin for the sake of getting the economy going.

I feel sorry for Fauci.  He has had to stay composed and bite his lip.  He's a medical scientist and not a politician.  I'm sure he doesn't suffer fools gladly.  

As for Italy, numbers in the north (the overwhelming majority of the cases) "appear" to be tapering, though not fast enough.  The problem is that the south of the country is expected to see an uptick.  Part of it is that the people in the south tend to be more unruly than the more industrious northerners.  

Then, you have idiots in this country.  I heard a report of a "coronavirus party" in Kentucky and the governor was ticked.  Then, there's a photo of a 20-something in Missouri licking a carton at a supermarket in Missouri to flout the rules.  I believe he was arrested.

Fresh air and going outside into nature are important, as long as you're not near anyone.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Took a lawn chair and went out and sat in my backyard this afternoon, enjoying the early signs of spring, the birds and the dogs enjoyed running around.   Staying sane.  

• Upvote 2

Took a ride to pick up a ladder I had left at a bathroom remodel job (finished) and drop off their key.
Have a garden gate to build, doesn't seem to be any time pressure from anywhere- supposed to be sunny / 58 tomm but maybe I don't feel like going. Still a lot of cleaning/purging going on here at the Ranch, and the shop can use a day of organizing.

• Upvote 2

Started work on the garden to get it ready for planting. Yard work, house spring cleaning.

Washington state starts a mandatory 14 day stay at home state shutdown tonight at midnight. Clearly no one is going anywhere, so might as well get stuff done around the house.

Will snap some pics to share, my Garlic garden is doing great.

• Upvote 2

May get the leaf vacuum out tomorrow and clean up a bit, fill up a bin w dead branches.  Still about 3 weeks before the yard guys start for the season.    Maybe get the grille out...

• Upvote 1

Tried to spend more time outside today...try to clear the rest of what is left in my chest from this cold. Also doesn’t help my change of season allergies are kicking in too. Was quite the nice day out there though......

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How to determine whether one is a Trump supporter in two simple steps:

Step 1: They downvote any and all criticism of him or his administration even when presented with actual facts. 

Step 2: See Step 1. 

That is all. Be safe everyone. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

How to determine whether one is a Trump supporter in two simple steps:

Step 1: They downvote any and all criticism of him or his administration even when presented with actual facts. 

Step 2: See Step 1. 

That is all. Be safe everyone. 

Please provide a link to ACTUAL FACTS downvoted on in the above posts in this thread.  If not, kindly shut your piehole on the subject.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

https://usa.greekreporter.com/2020/03/25/president-trump-issues-proclamation-on-greek-independence-day-2/

Even If its only in small doses, thank-you President Donald J. Trump! 

Doesn't Greece have their own day on the calendar set aside for this celebration?  Is it also March 25?

Efharisto!

13 hours ago, dfelt said:

Washington state starts a mandatory 14 day stay at home state shutdown tonight at midnight. Clearly no one is going anywhere, so might as well get stuff done around the house.

Is it a lockdown or shelter in place?  I thought it was already in effect there, given WA's caseload.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Doesn't Greece have their own day on the calendar set aside for this celebration?  Is it also March 25?

Efharisto!

Parakalo/Grazie

Yes. You are correct. 25th of March in 1821 was the day that Greeks started fighting against their Ottoman oppressors.  (Turkish occupation).   We were slaves to them. 

Eleftetheira i Thanatos (Freedom or Death)  was our motto.  This was not about independence as its commonly said that its Greek Independence Day  and it was not a revolt as its said in the history books that we revolted against the Ottomans. This was about our FREEDOM FROM the Ottoman empire. We were ALWAYS independent. So independent in fact, that during the ancient times, we were all about City-States...   Its about our FREEDOM.   Its really Freedom Day and NOT independance day. 

Religiously, the 25th of March is also the Annunciation to the Theotokos of when the Archangel Gabriel appeared to the Virgin Mary that she will bear the Son of God.  

Our Freedom fight started when the Bishop Germanos of Patras raised the Flag for our Freedom over the Monastery of Agia Lavra.  So...our freedom day was calculated to start with the news that the Virgin Mary was to be the bearer of Our Saviour. 

As far President Trump's Proclamation for a National Day...on the 25th of March. I think he did that to RECOGNIZE Greece and their national day.  25th of March for Greece is EXACTLY what the 4rth of July is. 

Our great American experiment was inspired by the ideas about liberty, self-government, and the rule of law that traced their roots to ancient Greece. On Greek Independence Day, we commemorate the rich history shared between the United States and Greece, which is fortified by our love of freedom and commitment to democratic institutions. We join the Greek people in celebrating another year of independence and unity.

The great thinkers of ancient Greece stoked the American quest for freedom and a republic founded on the fundamental truth that people have rights that cannot be denied. Decades later, the same values that catalyzed our Revolution inspired the people of Greece to seek their own freedom and independence. Recognizing the commonality between the Greeks’ fight to establish a representative government and their own, many Americans supported Greek independence, forging an unbreakable bond between our two countries.

He ties in what Greece (Hellas represents in human history) to the Great Nation that is the USofA with an economic and military strategic alliance in Europe with Greece for 2020 and beyond. Against Turkey, Russia, China etc... Greece did sell a portion of their Athenian Port of Piraeus to China during the 2008-2009 crisis. Greece needed to do this for financial survival since Britain, Germany and France were strangling Greece...but as we know...China aint nobody's friend, yet Europe shat on Greece, so Greece did what she had to do to survive to her detriment...and to Europe's...But at least Trump has realized very early in his Presidency...of the few things he has got right, that that was a BIG blunder for Europe to let Greece rot like they did only to find a friend that is not so friendly. Hey...maybe China will be a better friend to Greece than what Europe has been...

President Reagan started this and President Trump finally completed it. 

Sorry for the history lesson.  But I am proud of being Greek. Of Being Canadian. And almost being American as well!!! 

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

What Trin said about the Texas Lt Governor is 100% fact and so is the fact that the actual medical expert Fauci has to step on eggshells

TX Lt gov is not Trump, stepping on eggshells is opinion.

39 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

And point proven. Thanks for playing blu. 

5505DA4D-F0A7-4231-B979-F9F3C6C51146.png

The facts are right above you. You have chosen to ignore it except to cast your little downvote without any factual counter arguments, the staple of way too many Trump supporters these days. What Trin said about the Texas Lt Governor is 100% fact and so is the fact that the actual medical expert Fauci has to step on eggshells around Mr. Sensitive. Again, all facts. 

I will shut my pie hole for no one and sure as hell not for you. Don’t like it? Then do what every other Trump supporter does. Don’t look or listen.

Again, thanks for playing. 

Here's a good example of facts...less than a month ago 45 was calling the coronavirus pandemic a 'hoax' at a rally of his imbecile fans in SC..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/02/28/trump-hold-south-carolina-rally-before-democratic-primary-election/4887015002/?fbclid=IwAR1UWnRw2tDp_uPwHfBs6KAGXW7TfwfDu4-ybMi7iIOSuBEG4xXdYjXGqkw

I'm sure plenty of them still believe it's a hoax.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Efharisto!

Is it a lockdown or shelter in place?  I thought it was already in effect there, given WA's caseload.

They are calling it a shelter in place, but if you venture out for anything than basics, you can get a $500 fine and 90 days in jail. 😮 Yup, we are under martial law of political idiots. The boomer city mayors are over reaching a bit. This fine and jail term is not everywhere but seems to be common in the cities that are run by boomers here. Lucky the city I live in is not affected by this stupidity and they only ask that you shelter in place, exercise outside, but keep social distance and focus on your yard, house, spring cleaning, etc. to stay busy when your not working from home. All common sense logical thinking.

8 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Parakalo/Grazie

Yes. You are correct. 25th of March in 1821 was the day that Greeks started fighting against their Ottoman oppressors.  (Turkish occupation).   

Eleftetheira i Thanatos (Freedom or Death)  was our motto.  This was not about independence as its commonly said that its Greek Independence Day  and it was not a revolt as its said in the history books that we revolted against the Ottomans. This was about our FREEDOM FROM the Ottoman empire. We were ALWAYS independent. So independent if fact, that during the ancient times, we were all about City-States...   Its about our FREEDOM.   

Religiously, the 25th of March is also the Annunciation to the Theotokos of when the Archangel Gabriel appeared to the Virgin Mary that she will bear the Son of God.  

Our Freedom fight started when the Bishop Germanos of Patras raised the Flag for our Freedom over the Monastery of Agia Lavra.  So...our freedom day was calculated to start with the news that the Virgin Mary was to be the bearer of Our Saviour. 

As far President Trump's Proclamation for a National Day...on the 25th of March. I think he did that to RECOGNIZE Greece and their national day.  25th of March for Greece is EXACTLY what the 4rth of July is. 

He ties in what Greece (Hellas represents in human history) to the Great Nation that is the USofA with an economic and military strategic alliance in Europe with Greece for 2020 and beyond. Against Turkey, Russia, China etc... Greece did sell a portion of their Athenian Port of Piraeus to China during the 2008-2009 crisis. Greece needed to do this for financial survival since Britain, Germany and France were strangling Greece...but as we know...China aint nobody's friend, yet Europe shat on Greece, so Greece did what she had to do to survive to her detriment...and to Europe's...But at least Trump has realized very early in his Presidency...of the few things he has got right, that that was a BIG blunder for Europe to let Greece rot like they did only to find a friend that is not so friendly. Hey...maybe China will be a better friend to Greece than what Europe has been...

President Reagan started this and President Trump finally completed it. 

Sorry for the history lesson.  But I am proud of being Greek. Of Being Canadian. And almost being American as well!!! 

Thank you for the info, always cool to learn about other cultures, something we are lacking in leadership due to ignorance. 

As I raised my kids on this moto: "Education is power and the great equalizer that allows all types of thinking to live together in harmony!" Multi-Cultural Diversity is good to learn from as it allows humanity to move forward into the future.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Here's a good example of facts...less than a month ago 45 was calling the coronavirus pandemic a 'hoax' at a rally of his imbecile fans in SC..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/02/28/trump-hold-south-carolina-rally-before-democratic-primary-election/4887015002/?fbclid=IwAR1UWnRw2tDp_uPwHfBs6KAGXW7TfwfDu4-ybMi7iIOSuBEG4xXdYjXGqkw

I'm sure plenty of them still believe it's a hoax.

Rob, the hoax he's talking about is not the outbreak itself, but the fact that some Dems are glossing over this administration's reaction to it.  Don't be an imbecile.  Or be one, it's your choice.

• Downvote 2