TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

2 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

I don't trust some of the reporting ... at all.  I'm talking China and Russia.  China's numbers almost appear frozen and Russia's seem too low.  Russians have traveled freely to Western Europe and some EU airports now show signage in the country's language, English, Chinese (probably that, instead of Japanese), and Cyrillic characters (so probably Russian).

The weekend days are allocated to getting the necessary staples.  Off to do just that.

very balthazar

Agreed- I know why countries like Germany are lowering, as they are doing the smart thing and testing everyone they can. I am not sure sure that China and Russia are doing the same....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, ocnblu said:

91084068_1106172709737074_6686905939729055744_o.jpg

Love that two tone.....

• Upvote 1

Seems the current Coronavirus statistics are just showing it getting worse:

123,000 plus infected

2,200 plus dead

3,200 plus recovered

Washington state showed on the news a graph showing for us the last week of April / First week of May will be the high point of Infections, deaths, etc. for Coronavirus. I hope they are right as the corona sites are showing things a bit uglier. The New York Times posted the graphs of how the tracking sites are showing it here for the US. If it truly hits this hard, it will be a sad time for us and the world as many places are already being hit harder. Just lost the Local Mom and Dad who started Kona Kitchen, a Hawaiian dinner focused on Authentic Hawaiian food. She was 72 and he was 76 both were healthy with no immunity issues or other medical issues like asthma or diabetes, but they both in continuing to serve take out meals caught the virus and died this week. RIP to all those that have been lost to the Coronavirus.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

History of Montreal - Wikipedia

--DRcbJWJoi2TO1t3wyB8saypxp-gajpCdZ1DsFlMyCaeTN1I0bBQ3anwgehNYuNLlMPEKrJ_8cqxmvH4zhytrvc8vINGjbgrPKwj63rO1obo7NcxAr5IByTuExO3zlAH6Qq1TE3GzNBuhsS5gY4ULD9HiaIpXqtypC2f59XcHoo9pHLox5NE7dH5sluzvUJgHIJIjSux_Vr6w

Related image

bOSEk4dd8-FYOjdMz6GyjgTU5COzGkceuPGBMWPmWT6TR1wy3DvTTO0lEcHj_jbhAAwQ1Ah_PKUyCAyPa1uFc2W4lor1eiIecH_rKhaxbrujZ3Qau7YYydagZxgW5cacKvBfhwkXaA

Pretty!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Had heavy rain last night and this morning.... windy, sunny and 70 now..sitting out on the patio...chillin'.   Going to grille some steaks later.  Have a glass of wine or a few.   Pretend everything is normal... 

• Upvote 2

Neat funicular.  Couldn't imagine something like that in Iowa..

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Neat funicular.  Couldn't imagine something like that in Iowa..

There is or was a funicular in DTLA dubbed "Angel's Flight."  It transported people from the flat part of downtown up to Bunker Hill.  You really can't tell what's Bunker Hill since so much grading has gone on and it's basically where the towers of the Financial District now stand.

- - -

This really annoys me.  You go to the dumpster and see so many cardboard boxes in there.  How about breaking them up into pieces and recycling them weekly or biweekly?  Ditto for looking into a trash can and seeing empty plastic water bottles and aluminum cans.  When you're at IKEA, the bellwether of Nordic efficiency, you will also see empty plastic bottles and aluminum cans.  It's even worse at IKEA when labeled containers are right next to each other. What's wrong with people?

One of our country's biggest hazards is stupidity.  If people can't figure out how to recycle the basics, how are they going to figure out how to protect themselves and their loved ones?

• Upvote 3

I've ridden the funiculars in Pittsburgh and this one from Como to Brunate in Italy.

fb6f9022aa9920f451397238638811df.jpg

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, oldshurst442 said:

Quebec City

_original

Funicular in Old Quebec

Old Quebec Funicular (Quebec City) - All You Need to Know BEFORE ...

Je connais le funiculaire - un fois!  Mieux pour les personnes qu'ont fait son retraite.  Il n'y a pas de paquebots de croisiere durant l'hiver ...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, balthazar said:

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 2.48.25 PM.png

Is it me, or is it lowered a bit?

7 minutes ago, surreal1272 said:

What year is that Caddy?

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Je connais le funiculaire - un fois!  Mieux pour les personnes qu'ont fait son retraite.  Il n'y a pas de paquebots de croisiere durant l'hiver ...

Ouais!!!  LOL   Quebec est une belle ville. Plus belle que LA Grande Ville (Montreal) 

J'ai faite un tour la dessus quand j'etais jeune lors de ma premiere visite a Quebec. Je suis alle a Quebec plusieurs fois depuis, mais je n'ai jamais voulu y retourner. 

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2020 at 1:37 AM, Suaviloquent said:

Thank you @daves87rs I hope everyone can stay safe during this time.

I'm In the camp who who really does not like remote work and always gets cabin fever. 

Even taking the bus or tube to get to work was always taken for granted. Not being able to walk out in the morning or come home to settle down really brings a lot of emotions and self reflection. 

The ideal is a mighty harsh judge I just need a practical outlet for guilt. Work! 😂

I'm not liking working from home either. I much prefer a work setting. I wish my commute was shorter but I like the getting out and being in a work environment. 

• Upvote 3