TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

In reality. Its how you treat and raise your dog, any dog, that will have an affect on how the dog will react to people, be in public and the like.  Even pitbulls...

An owner will mistreat a pitbull and train it to harm other dogs and harm people, it will be an aggressive dog. It might even turn on its owner.  Treat the pitbull like a poodle, and it will be as docile as can be. 

I had a friend whose brother that had a doberman pinscher and a pitbull. He acquired both on the same day and both were puppies and I happened to be at his brother's home when he brought them both home the very first day.   I played with them on day#1.  After a year so, we had a falling out with that friend. And for about 5 years, we didnt see or talk to each other.  But we made up and we became friends again. One day, we decided to visit his brother with the dogs. His dogs were in the garage. As I got closer to the garage door, I had two loud and deep barks coming from there. Hell hound barks.  The brother opened up the door and the 2 dogs quickly sprinted towards me. Barking even louder with saliva running from their mouths.  I got scared and I started (tried to) run the other way but in no time they were upon me. They both jumped on me....    They licked the crap outta of me with the pitbull leading the way.  

They were both trained as guard dogs. But were trained professionally. And were not abused.   They listened to their master and both were very attentive to what he would do, but never would they bark at a stranger or run wild uncontrollably.  They always stayed calm around people. Never excited. But when it was play time...they both were clumsy little puppies.   Oh...the doberman was at least 4 feet high and the pitbull was wide like a Mack truck. And the muscles on these dogs...

Posted (edited)

I see mercedes has introduced yet another front wheel drive model to it's catalog- GLB. Has a 1.3L 4-cylinder.
Und ya; ist looxoory!
That is a new model right; they're using the same ultra-lame "First Eva" tagline.

Edited by balthazar
  • Haha 3

I can't believe how rusty and crappy Sprinter vans get when they're only a few years old.

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I can't believe how rusty and crappy Sprinter vans get when they're only a few years old.

My sister and Brother in-law have an appliance repair company and after a few years went back to ford vans as the sprinters cost more to maintain and rusted and just sucked over all. Terrible product.

A year ago, I wouldn’t have imagined spending my 50th birthday at home, but that is how today turned out.  But I’ve enjoyed it, from the Southern ham biscuits for breakfast, to the lemon cake my sister baked, to the nice juicy NY Strip steak I grilled along w/ a bottle of fine French champagne and a bottle of Napa Viognier...
And watched a great documentary about the Targa Florio.  Sheltering at home w/ the little terriers I love and the one family member that really understands me, made it a good day.   What a long, strange trip it’s been to 50....

• Upvote 4

Kia has a new iMT manual transmission with higher MPG while keeping those that want to be engaged in driving a manual happy. Seems to be a computer controlled drive by wire manual transmission.

Makes me think an fake manual auto tranny.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/26/kia-rio-intelligent-manual-transmission-clutch-by-wire/

Just now, Robert Hall said:

A year ago, I wouldn’t have imagined spending my 50th birthday at home, but that is how today turned out.  But I’ve enjoyed it, from the Southern ham biscuits for breakfast, to the lemon cake my sister baked, to the nice juicy NY Strip steak I grilled along w/ a bottle of fine French champagne and a bottle of Napa Viognier...
And watched a great documentary about the Targa Florio.  Sheltering at home w/ the little terriers I love and the one family member that really understands me, made it a good day.   What a long, strange trip it’s been to 50....

Happy Birthday Robert. So glad you had a great day during this Pandemic. Continue to stay safe my friend!!!

Woof, Woof, Woof to your little Fur kids.

WOW, Awesome reading and video review of the 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with EcoDiesel power train. Shocking is that this fully loaded Wrangler costs $65,000 dollars! 🤯🤯🤯

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/25/2020-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-unlimited-ecodiesel-love-hate/

• Upvote 2

If I ever get a dog, I will look first at rescue dogs, but if I find nothing I like, it will be a Lab Puppy. :wub:

image.png

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

The 11 dogs that have been in my sister’s and my life the last 12+ years have all been rescues.  Some well-adjusted, some with issues.  At some point, I wouldn’t mind getting a puppy, probably a Westie or Cairn Terrier. 

30 minutes ago, dfelt said:

WOW, Awesome reading and video review of the 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with EcoDiesel power train. Shocking is that this fully loaded Wrangler costs $65,000 dollars! 🤯🤯🤯

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/06/25/2020-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-unlimited-ecodiesel-love-hate/

Wowza.  For that price, I’d want a GC Summit. 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

What a long, strange trip it’s been to 50....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I need to look at the birthday list regularly.  You are joined by another member, Esther, who never posted a damn thing.  (Happy birthday to Esther, too.)

About the long, strange trip ... ain't that the truth?  I can't believe some of the places I've lived, some of the schools I've attended (and even graduated from), some of the places I've worked, some of the people I've known, and some of the places I've traveled to.  "Long, strange trip" might be a way to put it mildly.

And many more to you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, dfelt said:

My sister and Brother in-law have an appliance repair company and after a few years went back to ford vans as the sprinters cost more to maintain and rusted and just sucked over all. Terrible product.

10 yr old Sprinters around here seem to be as rusty as 15-20 yr old Econolines and Expresses..

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

10 yr old Sprinters around here seem to be as rusty as 15-20 yr old Econolines and Expresses..

Yet the Econolines are still cheaper to fix than the Sprinter.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I need to look at the birthday list regularly.  You are joined by another member, Esther, who never posted a damn thing.  (Happy birthday to Esther, too.)

About the long, strange trip ... ain't that the truth?  I can't believe some of the places I've lived, some of the schools I've attended (and even graduated from), some of the places I've worked, some of the people I've known, and some of the places I've traveled to.  "Long, strange trip" might be a way to put it mildly.

And many more to you.

Thank you... it has been fascinating and strange... from spending childhood in E. Ohio near Pittsburgh, to middle school and high school in the Florida Keys, college in NE Ohio, grad school in Michigan, then over decade on the Front Range of Colorado, almost a decade in Arizona, then back to NE Ohio again....

Living on a farm in the middle of nowhere, living in a beach house, living in the suburbs, in apartments in college towns, living in a Winnebago... and all the places I've worked in my career---startups, Fortune 50 companies, to working from home for 3 years straight.. to the countless concerts I've been to that have likely ruined my hearing... the interesting cars I've owned and have driven...25+ years w/ SUVs, etc.

Party on Wayne, party on Garth.   Wherever you go, there you are!

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Elon Musk just called Nikola Motors "staggeringly dumb".

Today is his birthday also... Elon is a year younger than me.  Other celeb birthdays shared w mine include John Elway and John Cusack.

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Today is his birthday also... Elon is a year younger than me.  Other celeb birthdays shared w mine include John Elway and John Cusack.

That is allot of John's and you ended up a Robert? 🤔

;) LOL :P 

8 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Happy Birthday!!!

Crazy part is that many of us are not far behind you....#gettingoldfast

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, daves87rs said:

Happy Birthday!!!

Crazy part is that many of us are not far behind you....#gettingoldfast

And some of us are older than you all #52feeling25. 😛 #AgeStateOfMind

• Upvote 2

Aft'r a longeth day of pillaging villages, of slaying dragons and saving damsels in distress, id wanteth mine own p'rsonal bards playeth this tune at which hour i cometh home  

Wanting an organic spray to keep the Mosquitos away, Garlic Spray works.

image.png

https://www.hunker.com/13405906/garlic-spray-in-the-yard-for-mosquitoes

I have to imagine one does have to like the smell of Garlic. :P

Grilled Bananas sure sound yummy!

piccsjopc.jpg

https://www.food.com/recipe/grilled-banana-splits-160575#activity-feed

• Like 1

2020 Auto shows are Dead, now is seems according to this story that the 2021 auto show calendar could end up dead as Geneva has already canceled the show due to Covid-19.

https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2020/06/were-cancelling-2021-auto-shows-now/

So the big question out to everyone here.

• IS THE AUTOSHOWS DEAD FOR EVER?
  • WILL THEY BE BACK AFTER A CURE IS FOUND FOR COVID-19?

Thoughts?

Covid-19 Update

Everyone, we have a newer deadly strain 10 times stronger and Florida is our Ground Zero for it. Please be careful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8471421/Mutated-version-coronavirus-stronger-spike-proteins.html

Scientist report on it is found here: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.12.148726v1.full.pdf

• Downvote 1

38 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Covid-19 Update

Everyone, we have a newer deadly strain 10 times stronger and Florida is our Ground Zero for it. Please be careful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8471421/Mutated-version-coronavirus-stronger-spike-proteins.html

Scientist report on it is found here: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.06.12.148726v1.full.pdf

The sad part is that I think it will change yet again while it is here......

Going to be a very long year....

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, dfelt said:

Wanting an organic spray to keep the Mosquitos away, Garlic Spray works.

What about the Vampires?

I bet that would ward off the Vampires too! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, dfelt said:

Seems the new CT4 V Blackwing is out stretching it's legs. That is a huge freakin wing on the rear deck lid.

https://www.motor1.com/news/431431/cadillac-ct4-v-blackwing-spied/

It's a big ole wing and I'm really glad it's molded on and not a tacky(albeit functional) raised one. 

• Upvote 1