TaurusSHO

Random Thoughts Thread

I like the Model S styling, but the other models don't appeal to me at all.  And I really don't like having all the controls on a touch screen.  I like the tactile feel of conventional controls.  My Jeep has a lot of controls in the touch screen, but mostly they aren't the most essential features.

@Robert Hall @oldshurst442 I am excited to see what the Dash is like in the Hummer EV by GMC. I like the peeks they have shown so far of the open air roof design.

Ford Mach e I like also, a nice blend between traditional and tech. You have manual controls on the Steering Wheel and digital on the center screen.

image.png

Rivian is again like the Mach e with manual controls on the steering wheel, digital on the center dash, but to me a much more Luxurious interior than anything Tesla offers.

image.png

I honestly can see both of you in a CPO EV.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, David said:

@Robert Hall @oldshurst442 I am excited to see what the Dash is like in the Hummer EV by GMC. I like the peeks they have shown so far of the open air roof design.

Ford Mach e I like also, a nice blend between traditional and tech. You have manual controls on the Steering Wheel and digital on the center screen.

image.png

Rivian is again like the Mach e with manual controls on the steering wheel, digital on the center dash, but to me a much more Luxurious interior than anything Tesla offers.

image.png

I honestly can see both of you in a CPO EV.

Love the dash on the Rivian...kind of almost Volvoish...I like the light colors and the light wood.  And I do like that green exterior color you posted a while back.

• Upvote 1

If I were to trade my Jeep on something late model from another car maker right now, I'm not sure what I'd go for..got to think about it. 

• Upvote 1

Cool sounding updates for the Gladiator and Wrangler for 2021 model year. Seems more V8 power will be on tap for those wanting it.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-jeep-wrangler-updates-ford-bronco-report/

7 hours ago, David said:

One has to wonder with all the new startups and china pushing to expand outside china, what the numbers for everyone will end up being in 10 years.

Current as of Q2 2020:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/343162/market-share-of-major-car-manufacturers-in-the-united-states/

image.png

Global market share:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316786/global-market-share-of-the-leading-automakers/

image.png

One has to wonder about the thinking of the badge snobs when Mercedes is below Chevrolet in global market share.

@smk4565 As much as you talk about how great MB is globally, they have smaller market share than many other lesser brands. Care to try to explain that?

QUESTION to EVERYONE!

What do you think it will take for an AMERICAN Auto Company Ford or GM to be truly global again?

Mercedes cars cost more than Chevrolet or Kia.  Notice that Mercedes is #1 in global market share for luxury brands.

Also Tesla is worth more than Toyota or VW and worth worth and GM, Ford and FCA combined.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Merceds isn't a luxury brand; it's a mainstream brand that also sells luxury vehicles.
Rolls, Bentley, Porsche... these are luxury brands.

Huge clue; no pedo vans.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Ooof- that Mach-E interior just ruined the vehicle for me (I think the exterior looks pretty decent as a current vehicle).
- - - - -
When GM was banging on all cylinders and every brand fought everyone else :

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 7.25.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 7.25.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 7.25.25 AM.png

Edited by balthazar
  • Upvote 1

Back then, Chevrolet BY ITSELF was 30% of the US car market.  It literally was every make for itself.

On 7/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, USA-1 said:

Yeah, Ford is hurting pretty bad. Seems like they should have phased out cars instead of shocking the company revenue by just dumping them all at once. Hopefully that's all it is. 

They didn't dump them all at once. The Fusion is still in production...for another couple of weeks.

On 7/10/2020 at 5:36 PM, David said:

Editorial on why Ford should build a Raptor Mustang.

What are your thoughts? Should ford have a Raptor version of Mustang and what about the rest of the product line? Every SUV/CUV should they have a raptor package like GM does with SS?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/34703/why-ford-must-build-a-mustang-raptor

Story is about a new auto site that tracks down cheap manual track time type auto's.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/34727/this-site-tracks-down-all-the-cars-with-manual-transmissions-under-5000

image.png

GM only has one vehicle with "SS". 

Ford has done the "Sport" or "ST" on almost their entire lineup though. 

On 7/10/2020 at 5:46 PM, USA-1 said:

Jeez, is the bleeding ever going to stop at Nissan, pushing -40%?! 

That's what happens when one of their biggest buyers goes out of business..Hertz. 🤣

12 hours ago, balthazar said:

Merceds isn't a luxury brand; it's a mainstream brand that also sells luxury vehicles.
Rolls, Bentley, Porsche... these are luxury brands.

Huge clue; no pedo vans.

Bentley and Porsche are part of VWAG, they have VW Commercial for the vans.

16 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

GM only has one vehicle with "SS". 

In the past they used to have SS on every product line and that is what I am relating to, Ford and GM have both used their performance labels on the whole product lines then none, then one, etc. that is all.

Just now, balthazar said:

Aaaaaand- that’s a different brand.

Totally agree, Mercedes is a mainstream brand as you stated with a few luxury models as they also sell commercial utility to passenger Mercedes vans on the same lot as an A, B, C, E and S series.

I have not seen a single Porsche, Rolls or Bentley entry level auto or utility van with those badges.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Aaaaaand- that’s a different brand.

Exactly. Thus they don't have the need for Bentley pickups or vans.   Like with Cadillac, there is  Chevy and GMC for the commercial vehicles.  Different approach.

Mercedes has long had the duality in their reality--luxury sedans, coupes, sporty models with a long history of commercial vehicles.

Edited by Robert Hall

Just a thought-

I would rather have the brands spoken about here than having some up and coming price pointed Chinese junk.

My worry is this is where the EV models are headed....people more concerned about the price than if it good or not, a la Amazon......(maybe they will sell them there).....

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, daves87rs said:

My worry is this is where the EV models are headed....people more concerned about the price than if it good or not, a la Amazon......(maybe they will sell them there).....

Yeah, I could see EVs being commodity appliances.   But are enough people willing to drop $40k or more on an unknown brand appliance?   Maybe if they are made available as monthly subscriptions/leases... I could see someone 'subscribing' to an EV online, have it delivered to their house, then use it for a period of time (24 months?), subscription is up, it gets picked up and disposed of, a new, improved one is dropped off....just like a phone... strange new world..

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I found my next one!  What do you guys think?

107964372_3320025138056171_6679552893485247554_n.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@ocnblu     

What I think?     

Answer:

:Toyota:

Edited by oldshurst442
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ocnblu said:

I found my next one!  What do you guys think?

107964372_3320025138056171_6679552893485247554_n.jpg

It’s so you.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

Exactly. Thus they don't have the need for Bentley pickups or vans.   Like with Cadillac, there is  Chevy and GMC for the commercial vehicles.  Different approach.

You're having a different conversation.

8 minutes ago, balthazar said:

You're having a different conversation.

There are many conversations.

11 hours ago, ccap41 said:

They didn't dump them all at once. The Fusion is still in production...for another couple of weeks.

That's what happens when one of their biggest buyers goes out of business..Hertz. 🤣

Pretty close to dumping them all at once you have to admit. Fusion was pretty much the only one they held in production until now.

Yeah, Hertz filed for Ch. 11 reorganization BK so didn't exactly go out of bus., but yes probably one of their largest "customers" commercial fleet accounts since rental fleet sales is their main sales model :D