Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• Robert Hall

• ocnblu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

• • • ORDERED A TRUCK TODAY. • • •

2021 GMC Sierra Elevation crew cab / 6.5' bed. 3.0L DuraMax / 10-spd.   It's only money.

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

Haha, I guess my email put up a wall of self-defense because I got a quarter of a million notifications from "Random Thoughts" within a short span of time which triggered a warning from C&G "please enter a new email address associated with your account because your email is no longer accepting messages".

I do have a lot to do in the next few hours though.  I am packing my sh!t and moving to Germany, as I'm deathly afraid for my safety here in the USA.  I mean seriously.

Enjoy. I hear the strudel is amazing. 

2 hours ago, ocnblu said:

shutterstock_616988051.jpg

Hell yes!

3 hours ago, ocnblu said:

I do have a lot to do in the next few hours though.  I am packing my sh!t and moving to Germany, as I'm deathly afraid for my safety here in the USA.  I mean seriously.

I can't tell if sarcastic or not...

This is a guy on a Facebook group I'm in. It's one bad-@ss Jeep.

• Upvote 3
22 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

I can't tell if sarcastic or not...

This is a guy on a Facebook group I'm in. It's one bad-@ss Jeep.

Love that Jeep. 

24 minutes ago, riviera74 said:

Huge repair bills on the cars, though.

I certainly have zero need to own anything European. Both of my Vee dubs were great cars, but I ahve kind of moved on to trucks for the time being. 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Please go.  No one is stopping you.  There's daily nonstop service from PHL by their own Lufthansa and some American carriers as well.  Since you are seeming slightly anti-American at this juncture, I recommend Lufthansa.  And, since you've never shown much of a penchant for foreign languages on here over the years, you will have one hell of a time learning to communicate in German.

Given that he lives in Amish country, maybe he can speak Amish German... 

• Upvote 3
17 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Given that he lives in Amish country, maybe he can speak Amish German... 

That's right.  To Amish folks, those of apparent European descent who are not part of their religious group would be "the English."  That's funny to me, since I don't have any ancestry north of the English Channel, let alone the Alps.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

That's right.  To Amish folks, those of apparent European descent who are not part of their religious group would be "the English."  That's funny to me, since I don't have any ancestry north of the English Channel, let alone the Alps.

Heh-heh...my ancestry is mostly English, a tiny bit of Scottish, and some French (Alsace).

• Upvote 2
15 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Full brick ranch (rambler, to some) homes resonate with me.  They don't build them like they used to (literally and figuratively)!

I love Ramblers and the year of hell living in Texas, the only bright spots was the BBQ and my brick home on Grapevine lake. Loved the home, have the blue prints as I hope to build it here in Washington some day.

Visited my sister who with her partner moved into their Custom Rambler they had built on a horse acre. Some rock work, but mostly various kinds of wood which is common here in the great PNW.

As one can see, a totally GM family! :D 

20200919_184011.jpg

3 minutes ago, Robert Hall said:

Heh-heh...my ancestry is mostly English, a tiny bit of Scottish, and some French (Alsace).

Totally 100% German from the north eastern side of the country. Course and I married Korean. :P Boy did that piss off my grandparents at first, but then they came to love my wife once they met her. Everyone can change and learn to love our Multi-Cultural country and world we live in. :D 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, trinacriabob said:

Please go.  No one is stopping you.  There's daily nonstop service from PHL by their own Lufthansa and some American carriers as well.  Since you are seeming slightly anti-American at this juncture, I recommend Lufthansa.  And, since you've never shown much of a penchant for foreign languages on here over the years, you will have one hell of a time learning to communicate in German.

English is enough of a challenge at times...

Inspiring...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, David said:

I love Ramblers and the year of hell living in Texas, the only bright spots was the BBQ and my brick home on Grapevine lake.

20200919_184011.jpg

Yes, I love one-story homes.  I much prefer hip roofs to gabled roofs, though.  They make the house look more dynamic from different angles.

As for Texas, I am a much bigger fan of the Houston area than the Dallas area.  I like the southern pine instead of the mesquite.  And being able to get to the Gulf in less than an hour.

This might crack you up.  I've always liked going through new homes, even when I was a kid.  In about 1989, I was visiting the Seattle suburbs and was driving around Mill Creek with a college friend, where they were building new homes.  They had a subdivision with some 4/2.5s at about $174.9K.  They had ONE rambler/ranch model, a 3/2.5, for $156.9K.  I loved that house.  And, for those days, the price looked reasonable.  I was in no way in any position to buy at that time, but I still think about that house and how I'd like to be its owner.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 2
22 minutes ago, David said:

Sad Panda for this, why did the guy not check everything first before trying to do a burn out. 🐼

Its fixable. 

13 minutes ago, trinacriabob said:

Yes, I love one-story homes.  I much prefer hip roofs to gabled roofs, though.  They make the house look more dynamic from different angles.

As for Texas, I am a much bigger fan of the Houston area than the Dallas area.  I like the southern pine instead of the mesquite.  And being able to get to the Gulf in less than an hour.

This might crack you up.  I've always liked going through new homes, even when I was a kid.  In about 1989, I was visiting the Seattle suburbs and was driving around Mill Creek with a college friend, where they were building new homes.  They had a subdivision with some 4/2.5s at about $174.9K.  They had ONE rambler/ranch model, a 3/2.5, for $156.9K.  I loved that house.  And, for those days, the price looked reasonable.  I was in no way in any position to buy at that time, but I still think about that house and how I'd like to be its owner.

They are building onto our subdivision, my wife and I jsut ahd a good time walking new homes a few days ago. 

Maybe Blu wants to reconsider Germany....we know how much he likes bling and 24 inch wheels, and they just won't work well with electric German cars. 

This was a great song for cruising around back when I was in High school. And yes, just like the song says, the cars back then had 8 tracks...

I really dig the  police car in the screen cap...

EV in the ICE thread, Fords electric Transit Debuts....

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, ccap41 said:

So many things about that are ridiculous. Bad brakes and/or tires to stop. Why would you aim for the building/home unless you actually lost your brakes? 

People aren't geting any smarter...

2 hours ago, Robert Hall said:

I like the brick ramblers.  After 3 1/2 years in a spilt level w/ 4 levels incl. the basement, I think my next house will be one story...

I would love a single story home. However, in Cinncinatti, Columbus and a lot of places mid century Ranch homes are being torn down left right and wideways to build McMansions. 

The kids are allright.....and having fun....my Girl by the Temptations. 

• Upvote 1
On 11/10/2020 at 12:39 PM, David said:

Electrify America plans to ...expanding its network, which is the largest open DC fast charging network in the U.S.

I checked online; in a state of 9 milllion people, EA current has only 10 stations in New Jersey.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I checked online--in a state of 11.69 million people, EA currently has only 10 stations in Ohio.

Two in the Cleveland metro area--in the east and west burbs along I-90.  One a couple hours south on I-77.  Next one south on I-77 is Wytheville, Va...263 miles between.  (I-77 is the typical route I've used in the past coming from/going to Florida, for example). 

Edited by Robert Hall
  • Thanks 1