• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• balthazar

• David

• Robert Hall

• ocnblu

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been away for a while.. summer stuff.. figured I'd get out an live while the weather was warm. Decided to get back into riding bikes.. had given it up back in '05 after my then wife (now ex) had issue

• • • ORDERED A TRUCK TODAY. • • •

This whole crossover craze has gone a bit too far....

Posted Images

15 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Now if I could just get that in a bse trim, I might pay a visit to my local jeep dealer with checkbook in hand. 

yeah, but almost too pretty to take off road. But yes, drop dead gorgeous. 

That gray or green in a GC works for me....

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Wait -
audi e-tron costs you $34 to 'fill up' every 200 or so miles?

Where did ya read this, that is crazy as I have never seen an EV cost that much to recharge the battery.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, oldshurst442 said:

The other side of Hunter Harrison's CP legacy: white-collar workers driving  trains | Financial Post

Incredible.  I would love to take ViaRail, Canada's national railway system, across Canada and through the Canadian Rockies and view a lot of it from the dome car.

- - - - -

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Here's the drill:  buffet - tryptophan - nap - rinse (decompress) - do not repeat, at least for a good while ...

• Upvote 2
11 hours ago, balthazar said:

AF4B8FE3-1316-42C9-B95D-D9747E2D6FB0.jpeg

An epic vehicle that made so much sense and that Cadillac dialed just right.  As for this one, I prefer the stock grille to the one shown and think much darker burgundy leather seats would be better than these bright red ones.

I would like to experience riding in one ... or driving one.  It would be interesting to see how well Cadillac retained the Cadillac in a significantly smaller vehicle.

Edited by trinacriabob
  • Upvote 1

Ok, you look at current goings-on and see some shocking negative news about someone famous during this long Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Four years ago on this same long Thanksgiving holiday weekend, there was high profile news about another famous person.

Within the last few days, soccer star Diego Maradona of Argentina died.  He died of heart failure and was 60.  This is the guy who led Argentina to the World Cup victory in 1986 and was depicted on the side of an Aerolineas Argentinas 747.  After his soccer career ended, he dealt with addiction, poor health, poor habits, significant weight gain, and a lot of drama.  Before any burial, his casket was at the Casa Rosada, the one with the balcony from which Eva Peron addressed the people, so that the mourning fans of Buenos Aires and Argentina could pay their respects.

At about the same time 4 years ago, Fidel Castro died.  In contrast, Miami's Little Havana district was roaring with celebrations.  I was in South Florida for Thanksgiving that year - booked months in advance - and happened to see it.

Castro and Diego Maradona were friends.  Castro invited Diego Maradona to Cuba and Maradona supposedly went there as his guest.

I wanted to check the dates.  They both died on November 25, though  4 years apart.

Sad news about Diego Maradona.  I wasn't expecting to come across something like this anytime soon.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, David said:

Where did ya read this, that is crazy as I have never seen an EV cost that much to recharge the battery.

The video at the top of this page, from Insideevs. 

Interesting; first the maintenance cost issue gets inverted, now here’s an example where fueling it costs more as an electric. 

Huh.

Edited by balthazar
  • Thanks 2
9 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

CN RAIL EMPLOYEES HEADING BACK TO WORK AFTER TEMPORARY LAYOFFS - Zoomer  Radio AM740

I am more of a CN fan tahn a CP fan, although I like them both CN ownes the old SOO Line/Wisconsin central tracks where I grew up in Wisconsin and learned to love trains. Thankfully CN manages their business well and has put a ton of money into upgrades and is running a whole lot of freight over the rails. Would love to cross Canada on Via rail. the Canadian is the alst remaining traditional streamline train in the world. 

58 Corvette. I can't get enough of these. 

XMA Header Image

7 hours ago, balthazar said:

The video at the top of this page, from Insideevs. 

Interesting; first the maintenance cost issue gets inverted, now here’s an example where fueling it costs more as an electric. 

Huh.

Yeah. I don't think that electrics are going away, but I don't think its going to be a smooth seemless transition to 80 percent electrics by 2025 either. 

The rest of the world, meaning Europe and China, will largely go electric over the nexxt decade and a half. If we want to sell cars there, we need to learn to build electric cars profitably. So far Tesla is only profitable because it sells credits to other carmakers. 

Although they do sell a ton of Model 3's. 

7 hours ago, trinacriabob said:

Ok, you look at current goings-on and see some shocking negative news about someone famous during this long Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

Four years ago on this same long Thanksgiving holiday weekend, there was high profile news about another famous person.

Within the last few days, soccer star Diego Maradona of Argentina died.  He died of heart failure and was 60.  This is the guy who led Argentina to the World Cup victory in 1986 and was depicted on the side of an Aerolineas Argentinas 747.  After his soccer career ended, he dealt with addiction, poor health, poor habits, significant weight gain, and a lot of drama.  Before any burial, his casket was at the Casa Rosada, the one with the balcony from which Eva Peron addressed the people, so that the mourning fans of Buenos Aires and Argentina could pay their respects.

At about the same time 4 years ago, Fidel Castro died.  In contrast, Miami's Little Havana district was roaring with celebrations.  I was in South Florida for Thanksgiving that year - booked months in advance - and happened to see it.

Castro and Diego Maradona were friends.  Castro invited Diego Maradona to Cuba and Maradona supposedly went there as his guest.

I wanted to check the dates.  They both died on November 25, though  4 years apart.

Sad news about Diego Maradona.  I wasn't expecting to come across something like this anytime soon.

Interesting but flawed guys who both made a big impact on the world. Thoughtful perspective. 

Edited by A Horse With No Name
8 hours ago, daves87rs said:

That gray or green in a GC works for me....

....and an advanced 4WD system could help you navagate Michigan's notoriously shitty roads. I always know when I go from Ohio to Michigan, because the pavement looks like something one would find in a bombed out jungle in Laos or a dirt path one would find in Tibet. 

Apparently Michigan has as much trouble playing football as they do maintaining roads, as Michigan is really having an off year. I say this not to run you or Michigan down, but because I want big ten football to stand up and represent. I normally cheer for any big ten team over any non big ten team, exept for Penn State, because I despise Penn State football. 

We judge/compete with Penn State in debate, and every time I write a win for a pen state debater, I hAve to remind the students that jsut because they won the round....it doesn't mean I like their football team.

Then again an Ox and Cart might be cheaper, and you wouldn't have to put up with the inevitable C and G electric vs. ICE debate. You would have your own alternative fuel powertrain!

Hope you had a Great thanksgiving. 

Spelling
  • Upvote 1

I don't think I posted this, but I really want a damn Jeep. or Bronco. Wonder what a 55 year old Kidney goes for on the black market?

17 hours ago, David said:

H'mmm Most Mom's never look this good months after giving birth, but WOW. Good thing her husband is also a body builder, their daughter is cute and will have good healthy habits growing up.

image.png

김해나 ʜᴀᴇɴᴀ ᴋɪᴍ🇰🇷 (@xhaenax) • Instagram photos and videos

She needs a Tesla with ludicrous mode, so I can watch her move away from me. The view from the back/behind has to be spectacular. 

• Upvote 1

Think this guitar looks fantastic. Not building many at the present because my shop mate Brian got invovled with building a race car. He got it together and has decided to build something else. But this looks damn good IMHO. 

XMA Header Image

XMA Header Image

9 hours ago, oldshurst442 said:

The other side of Hunter Harrison's CP legacy: white-collar workers driving  trains | Financial Post

See my into the storm 4 wheeling off road video I posted...by a Canadian YouTuber. Canada is gorgeous in the winter. I love this photograph. 

• Haha 1

From Bloomberg news, one of the few relatively sane news sources in our country. Interesting take on self driving vehicles being used in farming. Worth a watch IMHO. 

• Haha 1

Two thoughts....trapped babysitting boilers for Thanksgiving, thanks to everyone for putting up with my post slutting here at C and G. I love all of you like (Dysfunctional) brothers. 

Second, this is a bucket lsit car for me, amazing. 

A lot of subtle mods to the car....really nice build. As bonus content...notice the Lincoln at about 3:10. 

22 minutes ago, balthazar said:

Zenda KS. Would love to restore an old commercial building like this. That's not original lettering, so not sure if it was an actual dealer; Zenda is minuscule and this is a relatively big building for that.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 6.27.21 PM.png

I have seen some killer restorations of buildings like this. Ate fantastic food in a bar from a converted dealer just like this. 

• Upvote 1